so upset

greentea

got on my scales tonight as i have been doing most nights, only for them to tell me i put on 2lbs, its really upset me and im now thinking whats the point

Sorry GT - but that is exactly why you should not use scales at home

As you have been following the diet 100% there is NO WAY possible you could have gained - but for whatever reason, tonight your body has probably more water retention then other nights, etc.

If you have been 100% you are putting yourself through unnecessary worry and heartache.

Put those scales away, and have faith - you are losing......and that my friend, is the point. :)

xx

Don't weigh yourself!!!
Weighing in an evening is a bad thing to do anyway unless its your official weigh in.
You can gain up to half a stone during the day :eek: and if you have been drinking lots of water its worth remembering that the last litre you drank weighs 2.2.lbs approx.
You may be retaining water, or even a little constipated. Hide those scales!!!
You are bound to be losing weight, and inches too, On so few calories a day its impossible not to lose. :)

Don't be down about it Greentea. It's not a good idea to weigh yourself every day as it can fluctuate so much with water retention and time of the month etc. I know it's easier said than done as I was constantly on and off the scales until my husband hid them! At the start of LL, my weight was changing by around 5lbs almost every four hours according to my water consumption and shakes etc. It went up and down for the whole day and I still ended up losing that week. Just remember, if you stick to this there is NO WAY that you cannot lose weight unless you have a serious medical condition or bricks in your pocket. Chin up and I am sure you will have lost at your next weigh in and get someone to hide those scales!!

I can only reiterate what the clever peeps above have said Greentea - hide those scales, throw them away if you have to but don't use any others than the LLC's you are weighed on each week. I know from past experience that my bathroom scales can fluctuate by as much as 5lbs every time someone uses them - within half an hour!! Don't beat yourself up hun - just keep doing what you're doing and you WILL have a loss this week xxx

really scared ive not lost any weight when i go to get weighed tomorow night, have hardly drank enough water this week due to a 3 day course i had to go on then spending 2 days this weekend traveling, also not had a period since starting and worried this could have something to do with it, hellllllllpppppppp

Aww hugzzxxx
I too am worried about my weigh in and not having a loss, but thats because i feel so full and bloated from water n shakes, but i have been looking at everyones weigh in and its all losses, so we will be the same, dont go on the scales, i have stopped doing that now and just use llc, as that is the weight we have to go by anyway. Dont feel down;( You are doing well
xxxxxxx

Just don't panic and take the weigh ins as they come. You can't fail to lose weight if you stick to the plan, try not to just focus on the week but think about the stone a month if it doesn't go great tomorrow.

You are probably panicking for nothing any way, have a good nights sleep and good luck for tomorrow x

Greentea - how did you feel before you weighed yourself - happy? Upbeat? How did you feel after you weighed yourself - down? depressed and felt like giving up? There's your answer - don't weigh at home!!! Resist the temptation!! Weighing everyday is NO indication of your weight loss as all these other wise peeps have said. Look at the bigger picture and chuck those scales away!! We're all rooting for you girl :)

I made the same mistake last week. Got on my scales on the morning of my weigh in they said I was still the same. Got really down during the day then went to weigh in an had lost 3lbs. Put them away or ask some one to hide them so you wont be tempted. Try not to get to down as long as your sticking to the programme you shouldnt have anything to worry about. Good luck with your next weigh in:)

thanks for the support and advice everyone, i lost 2lbs tonight which isnt great but at least its off and not on, and im sure ill do better next week, also have hidden the scales. xxxxxxx

Hiding is no good, BIN THOSE SCALES!!!! Trust me, I remember someone very wise telling me that in my early days on the diet. You're doing great, well done you!! xxx

Yay!! All that worry for nuttin!! ;) Now - bin those scales missy!! :whoopass: :D

Well done GT - don;t be discouraged by the amount! Go hold 2 pounds of sugar - you will soon feel what a great loss that is!!

ANd all those 2 pounds soon add up - just keep at it! You will be pleased you did!!

Rock it!!! :D

Back