SO... WHAT ABOUT ALCOHOL?

shell09

Silver Member
Hi all

Been reading the threads n all very motivational

Basically I list 8 stone 7 on a vlcd n maintained for a while. To cut a long story shirt due to some bug life issues stress depression etc I took my eye off the ball m gained 3 stone

Been toying with vlcd again but just can't face it. Casually been trying healthy eating but find it so daunting how long it will take me I need motivation n help

I'm gonna see if doc will prescribe me xenical. I
Have read up n got the gyst

What about a fri or sat night drink though? If u know ur gonna have a drink
Wine or spirits when do you stop the pills to avoid the awful consequences? Do u get those consequences with alcohol?? Any advice greatfully received id like to go into this with my eyes open xx

Alcohol doesnt contain fat, well not the wine I have drunk anyway. But it does have some major calories. So it shouldnt affect you "toilet wise" but will affect your calorie intake.

in my experience i agree it does not affect me toilet wise. have had a really bad day at work and have now just drunk a bottle of wine (well small amount left) and big bag of pretzel sticks. Oh God here we go again and it is not even weekend

Vodka & diet coke was fine with me, in fact so was the wine, beer & JD I drank at my works do. Only problem was the hangover the next day!!!

Good Luck with your journey x

Lol thanks guys

I know it can be huge calorie wise especially the wine just thinking this is not a quick fix it's a long term thing n I know some nights out are gonna come up n wanted to be prepared :)

shell09 said:
Lol thanks guys

I know it can be huge calorie wise especially the wine just thinking this is not a quick fix it's a long term thing n I know some nights out are gonna come up n wanted to be prepared :)

I'd say try & stick to spirits, they're lower. I have gone over my calories both nights I went out & by quite a considerable amount but I was just pleased I resisted the kebab & cheesey chips!

I didn't go docs I chickened out! I hate discussing my weight ESP asking for help! N to cap it off I've drank wine n lots of it!! :-( getting fatter by the day!

shell09 said:
I didn't go docs I chickened out! I hate discussing my weight ESP asking for help! N to cap it off I've drank wine n lots of it!! :-( getting fatter by the day!

Shell bite the bullet love. The docs hear it every day, I know it's hard I was the same. Don't undo all the good you did on your vlcd. You could always buy alli over the counter of herbalife fibrebond x

you could make your doctors day. they have targets to reach and getting us all to lose weight is one of them!! they get paid extra money. so you will be doing him/her a favour. i know its not nice to discuss your weight but help is available. it can be difficult to ask for help but as lexie says bite the bullet and go for it. there is loads of support on here. let us know how you get on.

Tried to book an appt today but none available surprise surprise I'm gonna get an appt for tomorrow though n bite the bullet as you say as opposed to biting everything else in sight ;-)

shell09 said:
Tried to book an appt today but none available surprise surprise I'm gonna get an appt for tomorrow though n bite the bullet as you say as opposed to biting everything else in sight ;-)

Good Luck, let us know how you get on x

Will do! So did you guys n gals just ask for the Xenical? Or just ask for help n wait to be offered. :-/

I had done e same as you and looked for info on the internet and then went to my doctors and explained that my weight was really getting me down. I asked if I could have prescription tablets to help get my long journey started. She was happy to prescribe because my bmi was over 40 but not sure if all doctors are the same.
Good luck xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks for that I'm over thinking this I'm defo gonna go tomorra and finally joined the gym today!

Will do! So did you guys n gals just ask for the Xenical? Or just ask for help n wait to be offered. :-/

I hinted at it for a good month, saying I wanted some help and got virtually no help at all (only got told less calories, more exercise), in the end I asked him outright and he gave it to me straight away.
I think it's best to not beat around the bush, let him/her know you've done your research and you'd like to give it a go :)

I asked straight out too, I did have to show I'd been making a concerted effort to lose weight (took my WW card to show it) & she gave me it straight away. I have to weigh in with nurse every 4 weeks & doc every 12 to show I am working at it. I say just ask x

Thanks guys I'm just gonna ask hope to get a morning appt n get it done with

Tbh I think they must help me even with all my regain I've still lost 4 n half stone I must remember that fact instead if just focusing on what I still need to lose!

shell09 said:
Thanks guys I'm just gonna ask hope to get a morning appt n get it done with

Tbh I think they must help me even with all my regain I've still lost 4 n half stone I must remember that fact instead if just focusing on what I still need to lose!

Definitely remember that hon & hope you get an appt x

Omg in docs waiting area now feel like a naughty child waiting outside head teachers office

Wow that was quick n easy! Got a months worth n I just need to lose 10 kilos in 3 months to stay on them

Back