So what is up.

Michael

So I just found these forums and thought I would join since it seems to be the best on the net. The majority seems to be women here so I hope it's okay for this rugged 21 year old male to join.

Would help if I told you I cry at the end of Casablanca? Because I will lie.

Anyway, I guess I should give some details. I'm 21 and I'M Irish. I'm around 5' 10 and I weigh a whooping 229 ibls [16 st 5 ibls] DUN DUN DUMB.

i have a size 38 waist and enjoy walks on the beach. Actually I don't which I guess is part of the problem, huh?

18 months ago I made a solemn vow; to lose at least 8 st 10ibs or 114lbs and end up in the healthy weight of 12 st or 168ibs.

Since that fateful day I have already lost 4st and 5ibs or 63lbs, my starting weight was 20st 10ibs or 290ibs.

To me that much weight loss is poor for a other wise healthy 21 year old man. Which is why I joined this place as a support group and a place to get some tips.

So, hello.

Last edited:
Welcome to Minimins Michael.

Have you decided which diet youre going to go for?? :)

Welcome

Hi Michael
Welcome
Yes the forum is great isn't it? Wow what a good weight loss. I made that vow too. It was in new year 2007 - by November 2007 I was going to be 4 st lighter. Guess what? nothing changed. This time it's different tho - I WILL SUCCEED! :)
Gem x

Thanks for that Gemstone, good luck with your own battle and eventual victory.

Starlight, I don't believe in diets I aim to change my lifestyle. My problem was never what I ate but how much of it I ate. If I ate a sandwich I would have had too much butter and two many slices of each ham and cheese. I'm lucky because I've never had a weakness for chocolate or fried foods etc. Although I do like my Coca-Cola. But that is more managable thanks fo Diet Coke and Coke Zero.

Welcome on board Michael, you've come to the right place for support. Well done on your weight loss so far, fabulous!

Gx

Healthy Eating

Ahh..... another healthy eater without a formal plan. Me too - I know what to do and I know how to do it, it's just DOING IT and only I can do that. I love choc (but hey, I'm a woman) so I build a small amount into my life. I like a glass of wine so I build a small amount of that in too. I don't feel deprived, I have a healthy diet and I feel great. Anyone for a McFlurry? :D - just joking!
Gem x

Hey there doll.. welcome to minimins.. :).. its dead friendly round here.. and it certainly doesnt matter than the male female ratio is quite a bit different.. lol.. We're all here to do the same thing..
Hope to see you around more..

x x

Hey - WELCOME :D

and well done on your loss so far....

looking forward to hearing about your success ! and don't forget to keep us posted......

Debz xx

McDonalds

Don't get me wrong Starlight I work McFlurry into my diet too sometimes - just not today and don't want to lead anyone else astray as there are some very strict dieters on this forum :)
Hope you enjoyed your MackyD
Gem x

Hey There Michael,
Welcome To Minis And Congrats On Your Losses So Far,your Doing Great And All With No Plan,fair Play To You.
What Part Of The Good Aul Emerald Isle You From,im In Wicklow?
Elaine

Welcome Michael
Careful choices should just make the difference and make those excess pounds disappear

Good luck

Irene xx

Wise words Irene - I agree AND relying on it. Hope it's good for Michael too
Gem x

Welcome to Minimins Michael :D:D:D

Thanks for the support everyone.

So Much Too Lose, I love your inspiring username and I am from Derry, trapped on the tyranny of Gordon Brown.

So I just found these forums and thought I would join since it seems to be the best on the net. The majority seems to be women here so I hope it's okay for this rugged 21 year old male to join.

Would help if I told you I cry at the end of Casablanca? Because I will lie.

Anyway, I guess I should give some details. I'm 21 and I'M Irish. I'm around 5' 10 and I weigh a whooping 229 ibls [16 st 5 ibls] DUN DUN DUMB.

i have a size 38 waist and enjoy walks on the beach. Actually I don't which I guess is part of the problem, huh?

18 months ago I made a solemn vow; to lose at least 8 st 10ibs or 114lbs and end up in the healthy weight of 12 st or 168ibs.

Since that fateful day I have already lost 4st and 5ibs or 73lbs, my starting weight was 20st 10ibs or 290ibs.

To me that much weight loss is poor for a other wise healthy 21 year old man. Which is why I joined this place as a support group and a place to get some tips.

So, hello.

:welcome: Michael,

Congratulations and very well done on losing 4st 5lb. that in itself is an amazing achievement!!!:happy096:

To me that much weight loss is poor for a other wise healthy 21 year old man

You are very hard on yourself!!!

I think everyone here would see your weight loss to date as a huge success regardless of age.

Good to have you with us and I look forward to walking along the rest of the way on your weight loss journey:)

Get yourself a weight tracker and I hope you will make yourself at home.

This is a link to help you step by step to put up a weight tracker.

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

You know you are not alone here in your struggle to shift the pounds!

If you need any help please ask.

Love Mini xxx

"trapped on the tyranny of Gordon Brown."

so are we :D

welcome and good luck. you've done amazingly well so far. i couldn't help but read your intro as if it were a personal ad. just had that feel to it, hee.

everyone here is fab, there are some chaps lurking around on here so no worries :)

abz xx

michael,
im hoping to change it in the near future to "SO MUCH LOST" LOL
hope your getting on ok,keep us all posted as to how you are getting on,
elaine

welcome michael and good luck for your journey

Back