So what made you choose Slim and Save?

BordersGirl

Feeling great in 2012!
So what made you choose Slim and Save?

For me I came across the diet by chance. A friend at work was starting Lighterlife and I didn't want to be sitting opposite the incredible shrinking woman so I decide to go back on a VLCD at the same time. I did Lipotrim 6 years before and lost 5 stone in 4 months with no breaks or cheats, plus another 2 stone on a low cal, low carb diet after that. Over the 6 years I had put all but a stone back on.

I knew I didn't want to do Lighterlife as I'm not really into group sessions, and anyway the nearest counsellor is a hours drive away. So I thought that I'd go back to Lipotrim and there was a chemist half an hour away which would still have been a bit of a pain. Also when I did Lipotrim before when I lived in a different area I got no support from the pharmacy whatsoever. It was a case of go in, get weighed and hand over the money. No one mentioned ketosis, how the diet worked, or anything, and I was left to find out information through surfing the net. Maybe it's better in other pharmacies and YMMV.

So whilst surfing the net I looked on Ebay and found Exante shakes being sold on there. I'd never heard of Exante so looked it up and thought that I'd give that a go instead as I could just order them over the net which would be a lot easier than having an hour round trip to the chemist to pick up LT. When I looked into it though you only got the packs at a reasonable cost if you bought a month's worth in the flavours that came in that pack. Buying individual flavours cost a lot more and you still couldn't buy a few packets, it had to be a whole week's worth (I think!).

So surfing round again I came across Slim and Save and liked the fact that I could buy a starter pack containing every flavour and type that they did, and then I could just order the ones that I liked after that in quantities that suited me. I looked at the nutritional information and decided to give it a try. If I didn't like it I was only committing myself to a week's worth. I did like it though! The shakes in the silver packets (apparently old stock, Target Slim shakes) are not nice but the new range (white packets) are nice. The bars are lovely and the spag bol is lush! I'm not a lover of the soups but as I'm on 3 per day I tend to have a shake, a bar and a meal so only have the soup instead of a bar about once or twice a week anyway.

The cost of this diet is relatively low too although that wasn't the overriding factor for me. It was being able to choose what I wanted, when I wanted it.

I kept some notes last time I did LT with my weight losses and other things that have been interesting to look back on now. I could only stomach the chocolate shakes so survived my 4 months just on those. I ended up giving up on LT before I hit my goal weight as I couldn't take the boredom of the diet and the pain of the constipation. I didn't realise that the diet would make me constipated from the start last time and was in a really bad way when I finally managed to go after more than a week. This time though I'm much better prepared and the variety of flavours in this diet is really helping me to keep on track and not get bored of the choices on offer.

mine was purely down to price as I couldn't afford the others available so paying £99 for 84 meals delivered was perfect and as you say being able to pick the exact meals you want is a total bonus for me too.

I like the fact that everytime I go to the site and press the live support sign that someone actually always answers it lol I really dont expect to get an answer and expect to see a "leave a message" but even at random times someone will answer like 1am and stuff lol.

price...... did you see on their website in the clearance 84 products for £49.99!! wowow cheap!!

i bought mine off ebay!! cheaper than their site!

price...... did you see on their website in the clearance 84 products for £49.99!! wowow cheap!!

Yeah looked at that deal but didnt fancy the flavours as all the silver sachets are target slim which isnt as nice as the white sachets they sell, but im sure it works the same :)

So tell me what are the white packet flavours? so i know which to order :) Thanks :)

if you are ordering off ebay then this is different because on ebay they sell silver banana, chocolate and vanilla but if you order them on their website its same flavours but the white packets. on their site it says e* next to the silver ones which i think is economy (silver)

What I do know is:

Banana
Chocolate
Strawberry
Vanilla
Porridge
Cottage Pie
Spaghetti Bolognese
Veg Soup
Chicken Soup
Mushroom Soup
And their bars are the good ones

Tomato soup (silver) is awful and I returned mine and got it exchanged for vegetable soup x

ok thanks for the info!!

I'd just email them or send them an Ebay message and say that you only want the 'premium' shakes as the silver (Target Slim) ones are not so nice. I haven't plucked up the courage to try the tomato soup yet and the more people who say it's awful I probably never will! :) I only have 1 packet anyway. The other soups are all the 'new' range so are ok, and the bars are all lovely (except I haven't tried the lemon one yet).

ah will do, the lemon one is lush!! i got that one :) small but nice :)

can i just mention that i have been to pick up my shakes from him, as i live nearby and i have spoken to him a few times. he is reaaly nice and helpful, he has a background of nutrition and gyms, etc, he admits the silver packets and pills on the website are old stock which he is trying to get rid of and is concentrating on the new stock which is actually lighterlife stuff. i cam only stomach the strawberry flavour because i am fussy but the bars are amazing and make it possible for me to follow this diet, espcially the chocolate truffa bar but they are all nice.

i have got 4 other people on it too and they all love it, so as it is a lot less that other sites and a personal touch etc i dont think it can be beat at the moment.

cool, thanks for the info!!!

Is it the shakes that are the same as LL? It can't be the bars, soups or meals as they're not the same flavours. I'm absolutely convinced that the range is the same as the Dietimeal shake/meal/bar/soup MRP range from the Avidlite site as I bought some of these and the packaging and flavours are identical. There's not much difference in price tho to be honest but I was buying some other things from Avidlite.

yes sorry the shakes, the spag bol is the same as W8. the bars i am told are the same as another diet, possibly Dukan, which a friend had previously done.

Josaje, I was trying to understand your weight losses in your signature. Is that 2 people's weights, or am I being thick?

Great progress Josaje well done!

Yes have spoke to him also and very helpful for me, i also questioned about manufacturer having done LL in the past and he said its not the same products its just made by the same company that manufacturer for LL (as no doubt lighter life wont let them manufacturer exact same products for other companies) but at least it re-enforces that the product is good and meets the VLCD requirements, i know i have never felt better :)

i certainly find it a lot better and a lot cheaper than W8 and feel i can go on with this one to get to goal, which will be in may ish next year.

Back