So, whats for dinner today??

Chala1972

Am usually off to my Ma's for Sunday lunch but going to give it a miss for a few weeks til i got more accustomed to my new way of life :D Just wondered what everyone else was having today? :)

Hey Chala. I had roast chicken, veg, potatoes and some tomato and pepper relish for lunch today. Finally used to not having gravy with it!

I had pork chops (lean) with roasts and veggies :) plus beans to stop it being dry.

Did you decide on what you were having, if not the sunday roast?

Just had hm burger in a bun with hm wedges and loads of salad oh and 1 tbsp extra light mayo, didnt fancy a 'dinner' as such. Really enjoyed it too :) x

There is a gravy we can have. Its the Bisto Best in the glass jars, the blue one, pork i think. Its the only gravy i have found that we can have. I use it loads. Normally take a jar with me if eating at In-Laws or mums.

Ooh Thanks wantstobeslim :)

No, it doesn't taste porky IMO. I would struggle to do this diet without it because i LOVE gravy. lo. I use it to make shepherds pie with mince and tastes fab.

Keep an eye out in Asda. Its normally £1.45 a jar, but they keep putting it on offer. I stock up then. lol

No, it doesn't taste porky IMO. I would struggle to do this diet without it because i LOVE gravy. lo. I use it to make shepherds pie with mince and tastes fab.

Keep an eye out in Asda. Its normally £1.45 a jar, but they keep putting it on offer. I stock up then. lol

Awww great! Yeah have been looking at gravy, was a bit worried how i was going to replace it :( Thanks for this xx :D

Your very welcome. So you can go back to your mums and take your own gravy! lol

The only thing i do different for me and DH is the mash. I mash the spuds with milk, take mine out and then put marg in DH's. I sometimes put Extra Light Phillidelphia in my mash, especially nice on Shepherds pie. mmmm Might have that tomorrow now. lol

mmm yeah I love Philly in Mash :) This forum is great - I think everything I've made all week has come from people's recipes here! :D

I had a WW meal with a bag of frozen veg for lunch oh and a ww cheesecake! and for dinner I had a 6 inch low fat subway sandwich and a mullerlight yogurt :)

For my dinner i cheated! lol Was meant to have a roast, but ankle has swollen to double its size, so had it elevated all afternoon. So instead we have chicken (put in slow cooker this morning) with home-made coleslaw which i have extra light mayo and DH has light mayo so i leave it without mayo and we add our own. Also had oven chips with it. Bit of a lazy dinner, but yummy all the same. lol And i promise i'll cook properly tomorrow! lol

I use the bisto best for the gravy and the family are use to it now;) also the ready made gravy in the jar from M&S is allowed as well.... thanks for the tip re the phily cheese I didnt realise you could put that in to mashed potato I have just been using milk....

Back