so where did it start to come off for you?

lemonblondie

Silver Member
I've been wondering this for a week or so since I'm not losing much at the moment. As you are losing or have lost where did you start losing it from?

I was discussing this with a friend months ago and I'm sure she said her Doctor had said that weight is lost from the top down, but I'm wondering is that how you lost it?

I can say that I've lost some from the top down (sort of struggling through the mid section which is where the issue is) but I also think that I'm losing from the back to front. I haven't lost a great deal over the last 2 weeks, but I think I have noticed my back and butt being a bit more firm and toned compared to before.

Where did you notice your weight loss beginning?

The top down theory seems to be pretty accurate in my case. I had begun to get so big that I was getting a double chin round my face... this is part of what made me decide to lose weight as whilst I've always been hefty I've always been lucky enough to have a "thin persons" face... next I noticed was my boobs (the only good thing about being fat, big boobs! I had gone from a B cup to a D cup and since losing I'm back down to a B).

Next I noticed I was losing weight immediately under my boobs and had begun to get my waist back rather than looking like I had a big round pregnant belly all the time. My legs and hips during all this time stayed relatively the same, only dropping 3 inches max... it is only now that I'm starting to see results in the bum, hips and thigh area.

Although I lost a lost of weight and inches from my abdominal region, I still have a pot belly and I know that this little pot belly will probably be the last of my weight to shift... I know this because even when I was young and skinny looking in pictures I always did have a pot belly and I know its something that can probably only be rectified with getting to target and turning the fat there to muscle with exercise.

One of the things I'm most pleased about is that I have continued to lose weight from around the face area and I now have my heart shaped face back and you can see my jawline run right from my chin up to my ear rather than before where I had a decidedly round face and you couldn't see the jawline under the fat at all!

Yes I've taken all my measurements and won't look at the change until I get to target. I'd rather see a huge change and surprise myself

Face, tits, shins and forearms first- belly, bum tops of arms and thighs last !

Face, shoulders and waist although my legs are starting to show a change now!

I lost it off my neck and collarbone area then my boobs bum and waist, now my thighs and tops of arms r going slightly they need to catch up tho as they r the parts I'm most self conscious about xx

My belly is pretty flat now - was the first thing to go!! People have said I've lost it in my face too although I can't tell...my waist has gone down an inch or so which is annoying as its only 31 inches anyway and my hips are about 44!!! I'm gonna measure legs, bum and hips now and keep checking if they are going down as I won't really be able to see it week to week :£

I always seem to lose from the top down, I would dearly love to lose some weight off my legs but no matter how much I diet or exercise it never seems to move off my legs, so maybe I will see some progress when I get closer to target, lets hope your doc is right. it must be amazing having slim legs...

I wonder what the scientific reason for this is. I always lose from my rib area first. Very annoying as that area is OK and it's my gargantuan hip and backside region that I really want to shift!

top down seems to be pretty accurate for me as well, face, arms and boobs first and then legs and tummy, I never put much weight on my legs anyway and hated my arms and face

Same here, face then boobs :)() then waist and hips. My legs and arms were always skinny, my weight always goes on my tummy and bum first

Face for me first definitely but also my thighs start to feel better almost immediately when I'm on SW. My boobs tend to stay the same no matter what (DD). Would love a flat stomach but I suffer from pot belly too :(

My bum, i have no bum anyway, but last week or so my trousers have been baggier than usual in that area.

Back