So You're Thinking Of Starting Atkins

Depends on how big a squirt really, but it is going to be a major part of your days carbs if you do use it

It's a great friend of coriander and is often found in curry powder mixes.

You need to go put some, cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika, chilli powder and experiment.....lovely stuff ;)

That's exactly what I put in my chicken last night plus a little tandoori masala powder... it was yummy :)

I'm fancying something sweet now though......

Why not look on tinternet for a keema?

It's a really tasty indian mince dish - a sort of dry curry - there are loads of recipes out there - just look for one without toms and onions.

Yum!

This is probably the best place to ask my question, the starting thread.

I have spotted a number of copies of the Atkins book available, but which would you all advise as best, the origional 72ish version if I can get it, the 2003" New diet revolution", or the 2010 "New Atkins for a new you"?

I have the 2010 one, none of the others, so cant really comment. :) hope thats of some help?

Hi BCLady, I used the '72 version, personally, I still think it's the best and strictest.

Thanks Honda and Jim. I just can't find a copy of the 72online so I think I'll get the 2003ish version and hope it's not too buy our products orientated.

Good luck and just ignore the product references.

I have read this post so many times .. started on CD but couldn't stomach the shakes anymore, then have done a stones worth of weight watchers - but low carb, great to shift that stone, but boy .. so slow .. and to be honest SO expensive! I got Dr.Atkins book for Christmas and have read it cover to cover. I am now at the end of day 2 of induction. Feel great and already in dark pink ketosis (think the transition was easier as I have been low carbing for weeks anyway). I know ketosis suits me - and I LOVE the food available on Atkins. Will let you know of my process. Hopefully it will be a bit more successful than the half a pound dribble per week at WW! RW x

Oh that dribble .5lb sounds like SW too! Lol! Have fun here! X

Hi everyone, im not doing the atkins diet, just low carbing. the low carb threads are quite quiet so hopefully can get some input from here too. One thing that i find very helpful while losing is to have people to talk to and keep you on the straight and narrow!

I had lots of success doing low carb before, losing 30lbs from october to december 2010. I have gained back about a stone and need to nip it in the bud.

Anna X

Heya bug, that's what il call ya. You should have a look at the diaries and see if you want to follow any for chit chat, everyone is very nice in here...

Hi Peeps!
I have been reading posts here for a while, but only just became a member today. i realised that one of the reasons i have not been so successful recently is that there is no-one i am accountable to (other then myself, who is excellent at lying to me) I will have a look at the diaries, is there anyone you would recommend to follow, who is in a similar position to me?

I know what you mean bug, to be honest, have a wee read through and see what takes your fancy, alpaca, kat1e, coffee lover, they are a few and really lovely folk....me too it you want but I do ramble about rubbish but always willing to kick butt if needed ;)

Xx

There's loads like you on here Europa, I'd start a diary in the diary section, that seems to help.

Welcome!

Back