So You're Thinking Of Starting Atkins

bacon as long as not carby you can have 12 times a day if you would like :)

oh thats great! i used to hate bacon and all of a sudden I am in love with it!!! Well I'm off to make my breakfast then (bacon and eggs :D ) thanks for all your help and i'll be back on lots to let you all know how im doing. plus im sure il need some more help along the way! x

Moonie, why don't you start a diary thread on the main Atkins forum.

Hi, I have been quietly watching the Atkins pages for a few weeks and have decided to start Atkins.
I've read the book ... Although I will be re-reading it over and over again. I've stuck lists of "allowed" foods to the fridge door to remind myself. (aswell as an old pic of myself in a bikini)

There are just a few questions I have :

Are soft drinks like coke zero allowed?

Can you eat sausage in the induction stage, my book says pork but sausage isn't specifically mentioned.

It says to avoid balsamic vinegar , but is regular vinegar ok?

My stepkids love to choose a takeaway once a month as a treat and this week they want kfc. Would it be ok to just eat the chicken if as much of the coating as poss is removed? (it just saves me thinking of a separate dinner tonight) if not I've got a can of tuna with my name on it!

Orange squash??? Is that ok?

What's the score with low fat Mayo ? Allowed ? Or should i through it away to avoid temptation.

Thanks for your help in advance xxx

Hi Beth and welcome. Here's answers to some of your questions.

Are soft drinks like coke zero allowed? Some people get stalled by the citric acid in diet drinks, some are OK with it - I think the Tesco one doesn't have any.

Can you eat sausage in the induction stage, my book says pork but sausage isn't specifically mentioned. Yes to sausage, but check the carb content. Read the "Low Carb Contest" thread for a list of low carb food.

It says to avoid balsamic vinegar , but is regular vinegar ok? Again, check the carb content.

Orange squash??? Is that ok? I don't do squash - but straight water is much better :)

What's the score with low fat Mayo ? Allowed ? Or should i through it away to avoid temptation. Throw it away, you can have full fat mayo, see the list for low carb ones.[/QUOTE]

That's great! Thanks! I still can't get my head around a diet that allows you to have bacon and butter after years of ww and sf plans.

With veggies such as spinach, broccoli , mushrooms etc. On days where the kids and OH are eAting something completely unsuitable would it be ok to have frozen/tinned veg on standby. As a rule we usually only eat fresh but I'm thinking of emergency situations xx

End of day one and I've got a Terrible headache and am really grumpy! I wonder if thats because of a lack of caffiene?

Re tinned veg, can't help you there, I'm afraid, I just eat fresh - but anything preserved will have acids in them.

Your headache will prob be a mixture of caffeine and carb withdrawals - just keep chucking the water down, and be prepared for the Atkins flu, which usually clears up in a couple of days. It's good news because it means your body is flushing out its dependence on yucky carbs :)

That's great! Thanks! I still can't get my head around a diet that allows you to have bacon and butter after years of ww and sf plans.

Hi Beth, yes it is love. Why don't you start your own diary thread and also post what you're eating on the "What are we eating" thread love.

Hiya im new to this and im starting atkins on tuesday next week.Im just doing my homework lol!! Ive been on cambridge sole source for 4 weeks and lost 1 and a half stone.Im getting a bit sick of the shakes and soups and need some food!!!! I thought whilst i was in keotosis i would start atkins. Ive got a few questions... it says you need to have 20 g of carbs a day .does that include the 4g carbs of cheese? or is that additional to the 20g of carbs? any advise on this would be great.Has anyone else changed from cd to atkis with sucess?? can i expect a weight gain?? thanks x

Hi jenna,

The 20G of carbs comes from all your food intake, you should be aiming to get the majority of the carbs from 3 mugs of chopped green veggies a day.

Why don't you p[ost your own diary thread love, and also post on the "What are we eating" thread. :)

How does the Atkins Diet compare to the Cambridge Diet im on CD at the minute and thinking of going on to Atkins but i just wanted to ask what the weight loss is like on atkins? How long did it take everyone to lose there weight Iam wanting to lose 8 to 9 stone ?

thanks

Hi Helen, I can't comment on CD as I barely lasted a day on it, but others here have switched.

I would say that Atkins is not a quick fix, but if you have a lot to lose and are prepared for the journy it will work.

I agree with Jim, Helen - I have a LOT of weight to lose so it's not about the speed but the fact that it's coming off at all - so I'm in it for the long haul. Try it, I'm sure you will find it rewarding :)

Hi guys.. I'm popping over here to join in the newbie fun.. I've decided when my carb cravings start I'm heading straight in here for a motivational fix.. !!.. Oh and totally bummed out. .the scale I bought with me (i'm working overseas for a few weeks) have died and they take a really weird battery.. ggrrr... I'm usually so dependant on my scale.. it keeps me going!..

Relying on you lot!

Just think what a nice surprise it will be when you see how much you have lost when you eventually get them working again :D motivation!!!!!!!

Hi everyone! I'm a silent forum reader, today i've become a new member~ and i would just like to say i love this sticky!

Looking forward to getting support and losing weight through this Atkins forum!

love rb

Hi rainbow and welcome, why don't you start a diary thread love.

Back