So...

hannahstar

Well, this morning I had my first CD shake pack. It was vanilla, and it wasn't that it wasn't alright tasting but it made me gag... I'm worried that it's gonna be like that every day or it's just my subconcious being silly. I want to stick to this so bad! Any suggestions to help me?:sigh:

Last edited:
Try different flavours hun before you worry. The choc/orange ones make me gag too so you're not alone in having that reaction.
If you like coffee you could always do the vanilla one warm with coffee and make yourself a latte with it.;)

Hi hannahstar,

The easiest way to get use to them in the first few days is to divide the packs in half and make each half up fresh...that way there is no waste and the smaller amount is easier to get down.

Just remember to make each half up fresh as some of the vitamins are water-soluble and must be consumed within 15 minutes to retain their nutritional value.

After awhile you will not notice the taste which is the vitamins and minerals and only taste the flavour like vanilla, strawberry etc.

Drinking a small glass of water before taking your shake can help as this also helps to dilute the taste.

Hang in there!

Love Mini xxx

Thanks guys! Will give the dividing them up a go later on when I have my next one, eek.

Aaaand I just burst into tears! What's wrong with me! Aaah!

Dont worry all bar one flavour of CD shakes make me heave ( i live on the choc-mint)

Everyone has different tastes. The vanilla one to me tastes like something it shouldnt (not mentioning what as family forum looooooool)

Keep trying different flavours and good luck this is THE best diet x

Hannah, Mini's suggestion of halving them is great- also try the shakes hot, like hot choc mmm, also I put a ton of ice and slightly less water in mine, particularly vanilla, so it's really ice-creamy, rather than milky. Even better in a couple of weeks when you can have them as mousse :D Good luck x

Some awesome suggestions guys:) I think it was possibly the creaminess I couldn't deal with but I probably will try them hot in future. Still on my test week so I'm still trying out flavours and stuff... I hope I stick to this!

I had that reaction to. My solution is that I only have tetras and bars, as I never did get to grips with the packs. Hopefully it will get better once you try a few different things, but if all else fails, the bars and tetras are fab, so keep with it.

I had that reaction to. My solution is that I only have tetras and bars, as I never did get to grips with the packs. Hopefully it will get better once you try a few different things, but if all else fails, the bars and tetras are fab, so keep with it.
I'm exactly the same, only bars and tetras. My reasoning is different though...I'm just lazy!...god only knows why I have a weight problem! LOL:p

cant beat a nice choc mint mousse, lol
but tetra's are handy and the bars scrummy

I was like that when I first had them too, I find adding more water than it actually says makes them a bit better although, I really only have chocolate or choc mint as far as shakes go and I have them hot, I quite like some of the soups but mainly live on chocolate tetras :) xx

I had pack number two in the form of a potato and leek soup - aside from it being a little lumpy and thick (just invested in a blender... student loan being stretched!) it was actually quite tasty!

Too bad I picked loads of vanilla 'cos it's one of those 'safe' flavours, haha.

But can't wait to get onto bars.

Vanilla works quite well as a coffee mate kind of thing, that's what I use mine for, but your CDC might swap them for you lots do xx

Hannah, Mini's suggestion of halving them is great- also try the shakes hot, like hot choc mmm, also I put a ton of ice and slightly less water in mine, particularly vanilla, so it's really ice-creamy, rather than milky. Even better in a couple of weeks when you can have them as mousse :D Good luck x

just to say u can have the mousse from day one on ss. its the water flavours and bars that are from 2 weeks onwards.:D

As Mini has pointed out, your tastebuds may likely change.

I had strawberry as my very first shake, and was NOT impressed. I had another at the very end of the week, and it was much nicer - your tastebuds may well adapt. I personally like the vanilla - tastes like melted dodgy icecream!!!

Hi Hannah

I'm Hayley, im 22. Currently WI at 12stone 12, would like to get to 10 stone.

I started CD yesterday, My first was also vanilla..... i did not like it at all. Tasted like those white choc mice you get, too sweet and sickly for my liking. I felt sick for about an hour afterwards too, thank god i only got one of them.

Since then i have had the brocoli and cheese (not being stocked anymore), that was ok, had a cappucino last night, that was also ok. Today i had chocolate for breakfast *yummy*, chicken and mushroom for lunch *YUMMY* and got choc mint for dinner, see how that goes when i get round to it.

I nearly gave in to munchies last night and soooo glad i didnt. My bf has moved all the nice food that i like out of my reach!! haha

Good luck hun and i'll more than happily support you along the way as we both started the same time, thats if you like?

xx

Greedy girl here seems to like everything (apart from brocolli and cheese!)
But as mince says, tastebuds do change

Hii Hayley:) Yeah, would be great to support each other :) although I have rather a lot more weight to loose than you :p but all the same.

I for some reason slept for around 12 hours last night and feel really quite ill today. Comparable to a hangover. But 'cos I feel so sick, I wouldn't want to eat anyway:)

Hope it's going good for you xxx

Hannah - I rang my CDC on the third day and went back to swap all my shakes and tetras for soups. I can't stomach any of the shakes or tetras but I am doing fine on the soups and bars.
My mum can't deal with the shakes or tetras either but she has the porridge, soups and bars.
It's just a case of finding what works for you. Once you do, you'll love it.
Good luck! :)

Okay so it's the end of day 2 and I'm really struggling. I don't want to be pathetic and quit now, but I don't know if this is working for me ... What to do :(

Back