*sob* square pie *sob*

Miss_Bettany

What gremlin in my head decided to start me making this for their tea????? :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

What gremlin in my head decided to start me making this for their tea????? :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Miss B, please excuse my ignorance but what is a Square pie?

its minced beef with onions and herbs, topped with small squares of fried potatoes (hence the name square pie), then baked in the oven and served with veg and gravy. Like a cottage pie without mashed potato. And it is really, really nice!

its minced beef with onions and herbs, topped with small squares of fried potatoes (hence the name square pie), then baked in the oven and served with veg and gravy. Like a cottage pie without mashed potato. And it is really, really nice!

Ooooohhhhh Yummy!!! I can feel your pain now for having to cook that.

Oh God! I had been feeling so strong.... We should ban all mention of yummy, delicious food on here :)

Sounds like heaven on a plate - it won't be too long Miss Bettany before you can a morsal of it!!

Actually wouldn't mind trying it myself - but might substitute the potato for sweet potato (lower GI).

Yum!!

Back