Social life and CD....

Hi All, I am a newbie just completing day 3 and am actually doing pretty good. My problem is how to balance CD with a social life. I always knew that I would have to make some choices on this diet and have no problem with that, but how do I manage at social events when I just cant avoid them?
Any hints or tips welcome becuase I really dont want this to be my downfall but I am worried it might be
Thanks in advance for any help

Hi,

Im also a newbie on week 2 and finding it much easier and im in a routine. So far have lost 11.5lbs in 2 weeks. Im doing SS+. Im not suppose to have fruit but I have some if im going anywhere .

Hope this helps, this is what ive been doing, So I met my family for lunch today had my shake just before i left so was full. Got to the cafe and they all ordered sandwichs etc, i brought an orange with me and ate that along with a bottle of water and felt fine.

I went and got my nails done with my friends which ment i was going to be gone for the afternoon so brought 4 strawberries with me to snack on with water.

Went out for dinner last week, I ordered a plain chicken breast and a portion of veg - greens.

The hardest thing for me was to give up drinking but at the moment im on strong medication so i didnt have a choice but i feel so much better without it. Instead of having a glass of wine or a alco pop WHICH is the equivlent of having a cream cake, think i would much rather the cake LOL :D

When is ur next weight in and how r u finding things?

E x

If its just out for lunch I'll sit there and eat my Cambridge bar, but if its a meal that I can't get out of or visiting family away etc I've just ordered chicken and veg (no carbs) like a SS+ meal and I usually still lose the same amount. However I decided last weekend to have some of my sons birthday cake which was a downwards spiral and I've just been eating all the wrong things up to weds. I'm back on 100% now and on day 2 post binge.

So the trick is don't eat unless you really have to and if you have to go for the meat & veg or omelette option. If you end up having sugar or carbs it just reacts something in the brain that goes "fooooood I must eat everything" lol!

If it is an event where it would be odd not to eat I always go for some sort of low carb meal. I always find there is something I can have that won't ruin the diet, such as a chicken salad, and it means I can keep up the social side which I think is important.

That said, I wouldn't do it too often, it can be downward spiral.

@lostpolarbear-If you end up having sugar or carbs it just reacts something in the brain that goes "fooooood I must eat everything" lol!

I seriously laughed out loud at this!!!I was like that when I had a bite of an easter egg last week u just want to scoff ur face!!!

Does anybody else notice that every Advert of TV is about FOOD!!!

E x

Yes! I don't even like McDonalds but when the advert comes on I am literally drooling! ;-)

I no, im also very consious of other people and what there eatting and im like to myself OMG that is so bad for u.

I feel like craving are gone which im delighted.

Its my best friends birthday at the weekend, and shes having people over to her house for pizzas and drinks..... hmm thinking im going to have my dinner before i go and turn up a bit later when the pizza is finished. And maybe have a glass of diet coke when im there ill bring water with me...

Wat do ye think?

E x

You can have a social life when doing Cambridge? Starting week 7 tomorrow and no one mentioned we can be social?

Dang nabbit!

:)

You can have a social life as long as you prepare yourself for it being a challenge, especially if lack of willpower has been your downfall in the past!

i was on 810 and the moved to SS+ and I think these choice of plans are what have helped me have a social life and stay on track. Chicken and veg or chicken and salad is not exciting when everyone around you is gorging on pizza but remember the reasons you are doing this and if you have a specific date or event in mind. Also remind yourself that you will not be on CWP forever!

Doing CWP has made me so much more aware of the amount of rubbish the people around me eat and I would be eating the same if I wasn't doing this so am grateful for that!

Emz, sounds like a good plan. It is hard to still get together with friends and family when there is food involved but I'd rather not miss out on the fun. Willpower and planning is what's needed! I think I read somewhere that Diet Coke's not good? Maybe someone who has been on CWP longer can clarify that? Think I read if necessary to drink pepsi max or coke zero instead?
Do your friends know that you are doing CWP? I haven't told many people yet. I have a spa day with my mum on Tuesday for her birthday and they give you cake! I haven't told my mum I'm doing CWP as she wouldn't approve and I wonder how I am going to turn down cake without her thinking there is something wrong with me!

Cranberrie, think I am going to adopt SS+ if going out for a meal. Trouble is I'm vegetarian so don't know what to have. Very few places do Quorn and a lot of the veggie salads come with cheese. I wouldn't just eat a plain salad so I'm wondering whether I would look super odd if I take my own Quorn fillet and order the salad!

Ya I told the people close to me, and they understand why i want to loose weight and help me through it, its good to have someone there for you on the day your feeling crap and just want to raid the fridge!

Oh Spa Day sounds Great, why dont you except the cake have a bite and just say "God dont really like that or my stomach is crampy today"

I had a hair appointment today so I planned my day, got up at 10 this morning had first shake at then i took my soup in a flask and drank it before i went into the hairdressers was in there for a few hours so had a litre of water drank and then had my dinner when i got home.

Before I Started this i would make my excuses about going on it , like i have a wedding coming up or Im going out, but now i just get on with it and it becomes part of every day life.

Hope Everyone is having a good week :0)

E x

I know exactly how you feel! I'm re-starting SS tomorrow (I was on it a couple of months ago) but i'm worried it's going to affect my social life! My boss as work always takes us for teams meals, I love going out for dinner and drinks with friends on the weekend and my boyfriend LOVES to eat out! :confused:

Buuuut I for me I have to ask myself whats best? Temporarily being a unsociable and losing weight and being HEALTHY or being a social butterfly and staying FAT and UNHEALTHY!

Excited for week of unsociable behaviour :( My BF is not excited about planning nights that don't revolve around food......

I know it so hard at times.... EVERYTHING REVOLVES AROUND FOOD OR GOING OUT DRINKING!LOL

You can still go out but just order the chicken with veg or Omelette Opition.If your doing SS people on here change to SS+ at the weekends?Might be an idea for you.

Im sure your boyfriend will be more then happy with your new slim figure and he will benefit from it also ;) LOL hehe!

E x

Just got a text message from my friend asking if I was up for drinks tomorrow - had to say I wasn't feeling great - I don't think I'm ready to be out yet - Too much temptation!!

Your DEAD right.......

Its very early to be going out for drinks, because you will still be tempted ....:)

THINK SKINNY.

My friends are all going for cocktails tonight and i made my excuses...

I do have something saturday i need to go too dreading it...

E x

I tried to have a social life at the weekend on Cambridge - it resulted in 4 bottles of wine being consumed - 5 hours of memory loss.. and a pizza hut buffet the next day. I think i'll stay in from now on...

Back