Social Occasions - how do you cope?

Leahlou

How do you cope in a social occasion?

I have a wedding this weekend and I am going to have a shake for breakfast and lunch but the dinner is already paid for and I don't want to seem ungrateful.

Can I eat anything but the carbs?

If I go to a sit down dinner I just eat the meat, with no sauce or anything on it, I eat veg if its boiled and on the ss+ list and if I go to a buffet I get food as usual (so people don't notice) and then my daughter eats it.

At the end of the day enjoy yourself. Offer to drive so you don't drink (that's my biggest downfall) and dance your socks off all night, that way you'll have lost what you may have put on by the time you get up in the morning with aching feet! Have a good one.

I'm just scared I will put on the weight I have lost! :-(

Eat as per normal, dont drink and dont have the cake say your no thank you. Dancing is a good idea, drink lots of water eat the meat and salad/veg, avoid the bread and potato if you can and you'll be fine.

Expect a gain of a couple of lbs the next morning but after a day of CD and the following morning I reckon you should be back to normal. Try not to weigh yourself until you see your CD that way you wont know about the gain and make yourself disapointed or feeling low, you dont want to continue a deviation from the diet except for the wedding.

Also enjoy yourself! It is a wedding and try not to feel guilty eating.

Bren
X

I only ever weigh once a week - do other people weigh daily?

oh yes!!! im not so bad these days as i fluctuate a lot. i tend to every couple of days to see im right on track

it can motivate people but equally if you see a gain it can really get you down and thats when problems happen. i say if you are weighing in once a week, stick to that:D

Back