Soda Water

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Rorah, 11 January 2011 Social URL.

1. Rorah

Rorah Mooooooo

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World (Extra Easy)
    Apologies if there is already a thread about this - I just wondered if soda water is okay whilst SSing? I know sparkling water is fine - is there any difference between that and soda water? I wondered if maybe there is citric acid or something in soda water which might make it off-limits and take you out of ketosis?

I was stuck in another town today whilst I was waiting for the dog to have his operation (he came through it absolutely fine thank God - lots of chicken and rice and cuddles for him tonight!), and to pass the time I went into a pub and ordered a black coffee and a pint of soda water to drink whilst I read my book - I hope this is ok!
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. muhly

muhly Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge Diet
    hi! I believe soda water is a no no because it has added extras like sodium, which can make you retain water, which shows up on the scales

to my knowledge:-

(bottled) soda water= BAD
    carbonated water = fine
    sparkling water = fine (are those last two the same thing? lol)

however, confusingly, soda water in a pub, is usually just carbonated water, that they call soda water... which should be acceptible!
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.