Sole Source and illnesses

0mega

Ok the title maybe a little mis-leading, I'm probably not dying, although I feel like it - I have a cold aka ManFlu.. I have been on sole source for about ten weeks now and have felt great until this morning, I really don't want to come off sole source because of this cold but will staying on sole source make it worse or actually make it better? Has anyone else come down with colds or even flu while on SS and did you stick to it or come off for a few days?

I need sympathy :( I could be dying here and the closest thing to sympathy my gf is giving me is telling me to grow up! The men on here will know exactly how I'm feeling!

If you are unwell it sometimes helps to move up to 810, with flu 1200 is a better programme until you are better.

Week 13 you would have to do 810 so why not bring that forward and then go back to SS once you are better.

Have a chat with your Cambridge Consultant.

hiya - I had a sinus infection when I did SS last year and just stuck to it throughout. I came to the conclusion that with the flu type symptoms I was going to feel rough as hell anyway so the diet wouldn't make me feel any worse and at least that way I was getting all the nutrients and vitamins I needed and would therefore probably get better quicker. No idea if it made a difference or not though lol

Do you have a CDC you can talk to to see what the recommend?

My CDC said pretty much the same, said its up to me if I want to perservere and ride it out. I think I'll see how I feel tomorrow morning, your right about the vitamins and nutrients, I could well be better off sticking to it. I don't feel like eating anyway, I never do when I'm ill but I know sometimes it does tend to help. I can never remember that saying though, starve a fever or feed a cold, I never remember which way round it is! Ah well I'll see how it goes, I'm just trying to drink a bit more water than normal. I'm having to force the shakes down as I don't feel like drinking them either :(

last week i was on antibiotics and my cdc after consulting cambridge medical officer advised me to put 250ml of skimmed milk into my shakes for the duration of the anti b course

last week i was on antibiotics and my cdc after consulting cambridge medical officer advised me to put 250ml of skimmed milk into my shakes for the duration of the anti b course

Haha.. well maybe I am being a baby and should just perservere, well done to you for being ill enough to be on anti-biotics and still stick to the diet, I feel embarrassed now about moaning lol. Although man-flu can be deadly I hear.

A side question as I forgot to ask my cdc, does anyone know if its ok or not to take paracetamol whilst on SS?

Thank you great things, at the moment I'm trying to resist taking them (by resist I mean I don't want to get out of bed, thank god for laptops).

I had tonsillitis a few weeks back and felt totally grotty. I ended up having a couple of SS+ days because I was feeling very dizzy and light headed. I took paracetamol to help me through it, but steered clear of Nurofen as I have always been told that they must be taken with or after food.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Haha.. well maybe I am being a baby and should just perservere, well done to you for being ill enough to be on anti-biotics and still stick to the diet, I feel embarrassed now about moaning lol. Although man-flu can be deadly I hear.

A side question as I forgot to ask my cdc, does anyone know if its ok or not to take paracetamol whilst on SS?

hun if your not feeling well then do what you have to do to get yourself well

im having an ss+ meal tonight so that i can take nurophen before i go to bed since im a numpty and fell down the stairs today

Back