Sole Source Plus 2nd week

I've started SS+ today without the meal just with 4 products.

Just now I was hungry... not gut wrenching, but hungry so I just had half a chicken stock cube in hot water and I feel much better now.

Anyone else done this, and is it ok?

D x

I've started SS+ today without the meal just with 4 products.

Just now I was hungry... not gut wrenching, but hungry so I just had half a chicken stock cube in hot water and I feel much better now.

Anyone else done this, and is it ok?

D x

Hi hun, I haven't personally, no. My advice would be to have protein. Chicken is great as it's pretty much zero carbs and should take the edge off. It does for me anyway :D
Be careful with anything with added salt/salt as it'll encourage your body to retain water.
If I'm honest, on days where I am ABSOLUTELY starving then I'll eat as much protein as I fancy and it doesn't seem to have made a big impact - all of my gains have been following planned breaks from the plan...

That said, it's up to you how you manage your plan and your hunger...

I've hit ketosis again now and am 'in the zone' so in a few days I'm more than firmly in it and can relax, the more/longer you are on plan for, the more confident in your decisions you'll become.

Good luck with your journey!
Sauce xx

I used to use vegetable oxo - it helped and did not hinder my losses. Cambridge sell a vegetable drink powder. Or you can use tried and true Marigold Bouillion. Available in regular or reduced salt versions, I understand, from your local supermarket! That is officially allowed.

If you get desperate to actually nibble then yes, definitely, make it lean protein.

I've had the nibbles and on two evening resorted to having 2 bars... however, this has slowed my weight loss in the second week :sigh:

Exactly yes because of the extra carbs. Lean protein shouldn't have that effect - and you should stay in ketosis, too. Mind you, the quantity of lean protein has to be fairly small.

Even so an extra bar is a hundred times better than a carb binge! Well done x

Hi all

I'm on day 3 of sole source plus and have managed not to cheat but I've lost my book with all the foods and weights allowed :-(

Can someone please please please post on here the lists of foods allowed on ss+ and the weights. Big thanks!

Val

Your Cambridge Consultant should be able to supply you with a replacement book. Free of charge, hopefully!

There might be detailed guidance on the Cambridge Weight Plan site - dunno. I think it's two tablespoonsful of broccoli (for example) and a piece of lean chicken breast or white fish - something like that - for the SS+ evening meal.

Stick to protein if you really must nibble. That's what makes the difference. Extra carbs will definitely slow you but for sure one extra pack or bar is far better than a big hunk of cake or a binge, any day!

170g chicken or turkey
230g White fish
230g prawns
250g steamed tofu
200g quorn
180g tinned tuna in water not oil
225g cottage cheese plain reduced fat
2 large eggs

Asparagus, broccoli cabbage cauliflower celeriac celery Chinese leafy greens courgette cucumber fennel green salad kale leeks marrow mushrooms red radishes spinach and watercress

(2 tablespoons) you can also add herbs spices curry powder chilli powder ect
Hope this helps xx

Thank you both so much!

Really appreciated! I'm gonna have prawns tonight :)

Back