Some advice needed please xx

Hi , I am new on here and I will am going to see a cd counceller next monday.
I am getting married on 9/8/08. I have looked through a lot of the topics on here and loads of people have so well on cd, but I am just worried that it wont work for me.
I have got to be measured for my wedding dress on the 22nd jan and I would like to order the size smaller than what I am now. I have got 5 stone to lose between now and aug and I am just worried in case it doesnt work. It would be an absolute dream come true to be slim on my wedding day, am I just worrying for nothing, or is there a possibility the cd diet might not work. Has anyone heard of other members where it hasnt worked for them.
I would be greatful for any advice which anyone may have xx

It should be able to work for you if you stay on it and don't give up. Im sure you will be able to do it :) just think about being sexy in that wedding dress.

sorry no advice regarding cd as Im doing weight watchers but just wanted to say congratulations on the forthcoming wedding!!! we're getting married on the 7th of August this year!!

Hi
I started cd on 7th January so have my 1st weigh in on Monday. My wedding is on 23rd August and I also have to lose 5 stone. I am panicing in case it doesnt work. I have stuck to sole source rigidly so i'm hoping for results. Will let you know how i get on on Monday.

CD definitely works if you stick to the plan to the letter - the pounds will melt off..........but it's all down to you and your determination to stick to it. The thought of you walking down the aisle as a beautiful slim bride, should help you along the way.

I found that the good quick losses are all I need to keep me plugging away at it (and I have an impatient nature!)

Good luck for Monday x

Hi,
If you stick to it, it WILL work, no doubt about it. And one dress size down will be far too big as on average people drop approx 1 dress size per stone lost. How sensational are you going to look by August?!!
SM

Most dress sizes can be taken in easily by 2 dress sizes (which is about a 2 stone loss) and some even up to 4 sizes (depends on the type of style you go for!)

There is also about half a stone within each dress size - my dress fitted me about 2-3 weeks before the wedding and I lost another 6lbs after that and it still fitted beautifully on the day!!

CD will certainly work in helping you lose lots of weight quickly, try and work up through some of the plans before you go on honeymoon - I put on so much weight while on honeymoon through, in part, not eating that healthily (well, we were in an AI resort in the St Lucia - I was never not going to eat and drink lots, even hubby put on weight which is unusual for him!) but also through suddenly going back to lots of carbs.. Even if you could be up to the 1000 plan by the wedding day it would be good!

Good luck, have a look at the sticky at the top of the page, there should be links there to the photos as I slimmed into my dress - it was 5 inches too small when it arrived 16 weeks before the wedding so you can really see the progress as I lost the weight!!

xx

Just flicked through, the link to the photos are on post 30 if you dont want to read the whole thread!

xx

Back