Some friends do not help!

Sometimes we simply outgrow our friends...or outslim them maybe?

But don't judge them too harshly because you have 'see the light' it may take them longer, and you used to enjoy the things they still enjoy. If they embarrass you then it's time to end the relationship for the sake of both sides.

Hi, I have given up alcohol in my quest for a slimmer me. The friends who I drink with now say that i'm boring and i've changed. I am still the same person and I can still have a laugh. I'm not saying that I will never drink again because I know that I will have a drink now and again, just not lke I used to. I just wish sometimes that they would support me instead of offering to buy me a glass of wine!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah hun, I know exactly what you mean, my ex friend actually once said to me (when I first started losing weight) 'don't lose anymore weight, I won't have anyone to make me feel good about myself'

she didn't even add a little laugh to make her sound less of a beep!

Hi all, went as well as expected! I ATF shat I planned and refused pudding and sat there whilst they all talked about how they were being good but they were having a treat and then basically said I should try dieting too as if I was the one being bad!! I know they won't change and the only thing I need to do is keep going It is just sad when you don't feel encouraged by your friends, I hope they do try to get healthy.

I enjoyed my half a chow mein and loved feeling in control and knowing I could eat Chinese and stay on plan! SW really is amazing!

jayde1148 said:
Hi all, went as well as expected! I ATF shat I planned and refused pudding and sat there whilst they all talked about how they were being good but they were having a treat and then basically said I should try dieting too as if I was the one being bad!! I know they won't change and the only thing I need to do is keep going It is just sad when you don't feel encouraged by your friends, I hope they do try to get healthy.

I enjoyed my half a chow mein and loved feeling in control and knowing I could eat Chinese and stay on plan! SW really is amazing!

Please ignore the spelling at top of that post did not notice my iPod auto correcting lol! Meant I ate what I planned!

I enjoyed my half a chow mein and loved feeling in control and knowing I could eat Chinese and stay on plan! SW really is amazing![/QUOTE]

Go you, you deserve to be empowered, I don't know what your friendship with these people is, and what binds you but you are now in control of you, so go with it and feel free to take a day at a time and feel good about who you are. :)

Ah hun, I know exactly what you mean, my ex friend actually once said to me (when I first started losing weight) 'don't lose anymore weight, I won't have anyone to make me feel good about myself'

Now that is just plain AWFUL :eek:

My goodness thats terrible!! :eek: Glad to hear she's an ex-friend now, whether your trying to lose weight or not no one needs people like that in their lives.

Hi, I have given up alcohol in my quest for a slimmer me. The friends who I drink with now say that i'm boring and i've changed. I am still the same person and I can still have a laugh. I'm not saying that I will never drink again because I know that I will have a drink now and again, just not lke I used to. I just wish sometimes that they would support me instead of offering to buy me a glass of wine!!!!!!!!!!!
i can completely relate. my friends basically try to shove it down my neck. in fact i've turned down a night out on friday because they won't let up and just let me be happy drinking soft drinks. very sad but noones making me feel inadequate.

i can completely relate. my friends basically try to shove it down my neck. in fact i've turned down a night out on friday because they won't let up and just let me be happy drinking soft drinks. very sad but noones making me feel inadequate.
I've got used to drinking diet coke when I go out, Just wish they would as well!!!

well today my best friend went to maccyds with all kids (childminder im her assistant) well i had fries :( but she bought them and my drink. ive syned my fries but i think she got me full fat coke. it tasted like it so i only had few sips. she knows i hate fullfat never been able drink it. gutted if she has done that since its weigh in day tomorrow. i so hope i loose

Back