some good news

sarahm85

Silver Member
Things have been quite difficult for myself and the OH recently. I'm currently an unemployed teacher, and he is on a pretty low salary in the NHS and facing a probable redundancy with all the job cuts. Money's been quite tight and it's a constant worry for us. My OH applied for a different job within the NHS, it's good money, an interesting role and a permanent position. I helped him with the application, and we sat and waited for news. He got an interview, which was yesterday. 96 applicants, 5 interviews but only one job going. Last night he kept mulling over it, saying he wished he elaborated more on his answers, wished he said such and such. He was told he would find out today of the outcome.

He's just phoned - and he got the job! I'm absolutely over the moon for him, it's a huge confidence boost for him - he's been unemployed before after being made redundant and he was on the verge of depression before he found his current job. If he was one of those who was going to be made redundant I didn't want him to go through that ordeal again.

All we need now is for me to get some regular supply whilst I keep looking for teaching positions, and we can actually start saving for our wedding and our future.

Huge congratulations to him! Glad it'll offer you more security :) Job hunting these days is horrid but just gotta persist!

I am so pleased for you both. Financial stress is so awful it is like a weight on your shoulders all the time.

You must both be over the moon. You have been through such a lot lately that you deserve some happiness.

hugs xxxxxx

Congrats to ur OH fingers crossed for u now to find a perfect job xx

Well done him, and you helping him with the forms!

Congratulations

Congratulations to you both. Great to see some good news. Didn't he do well - I mean he beat 95 other people! Way to go! X

Congratulations! You must feel sooo relieved! I know it's a torrid time for so many people and the job market is so tough with so many applicants for each job! He must have really stood out and shone- You must be extremely proud as well as relieved!! Maybe something will come along for you soon too!!XXXXX

Back