Some honest advice needed please

I am in two minds whether I want to do this diet sole source or with food. Quite a few people have told me to go cold turkey. I don't have any special occasions coming up I just need to lose lots of weight.

My friends keep saying this is a stupid way to lose weight and that I am going to gain everything back, are they right?

Has anyone lost weight on this diet and kept it off for a reasonable amount of time?

What are the usual weekly losses between sole source and adding food?

Hiya,

Its such a differcult decision to make and only you can do it. I'd personally say try sole source out, if you find it too hard either step up to ss+ or 810. The difference between ss and ss+ is minimal in the losses, and I know 810 still gives a fair loss.

Its whether you feel happy enough to totally remove food from your diet.

On the maintaining your weight loss bit, that's always going to be tough, I know a fair few who have maintained after cambridge but its all down to how we eat after. If we go back to our original eating habits, yep the weight will go on BUT its the same with all other diets like weight watchers and slimming world, Not just cambridge.

So ignore your friends and do what feels right for you :) xx

Thank you for replying. I have read quite a few threads and my mind is made up I think I will go for it and go on the SS plan. I will be starting on Wednesday once I get my packets from the cdc tomorrow.

Aww good luck with your meet tomorrow, all I can say is keep busy for first few days, drink lots of water and first weigh in will come quickly and the loss is always worth the first few days of getting into ketosis, and come on here if things do get tough as always someone about to motivate you :) xx

Good luck! I'm sure you will be fine. Keep your mind focused on what you want to achieve and only take 1 day at a time. Don't be thinking about tomorrow just deal with today.

Cut down on carbs before you fully start on SS and you will find it much easier and have less cravings,
good luck!

Just wanted to say good luck :D
i did sole source 4 years ago, lost almost 6 stones then had to come off it due to an op, i never did get back into the throw of things and sadly gained over 3 stone back in the last 2 years.
All my own fault, i ate crap and didn`t exercise. i`m now back on the cd but doing the plan with 1 meal as i dont think i could do ss again.
what ever plan you choose you will do great, just keep positive, keep posting in here, i have made a diary, helped me the 1st time round so hoping it will again
all the best
kaz :)

Good luck! I'm on 810 but that's not my choice (stupid CWP rules) lol hopefully be on SS next week though =) x

Back