Some motivational help needed :(

Morning everyone

Feeling quite low this morning. I feel like I'm trying soo hard to lose weight but nothings working. I'm just losing and gaining the same 6lbs. And it's not fair!!

I know I've been quite naughty on the treat front recently, but I'm within my weekly syns so it's not so bad really. I just don't know where I'm going wrong. I'm mixing it up with green, ee and red days but it's not working. I've cut down on my portion sizes...I drink lots of fluid during the day...

Can anyone else see where I'm going wrong? I'd love some help/motivation...I really want to stick at SW, and lose weight, but it's seems impossible right now.

GG x

Are you using your syns as flexi syns? Our C was discussing this with a lady struggling with her losses on tuesday and she said that could be the problem, and advised her to try to stick to 10 a day this week.

Yes I have been flexi synning this week. I've had a complete rubbish week with work & stuff so I've been cheering myself up with a bit too much chocolate. My WI is Sat, so therefore a new week so I'll stick to my syns and stick to the plan 100%

Yeah, I would agree, if everything else is according to plan, then the syns are the problem.
I think if you cut them back, and don't save them you'll see the loss you want.

When you havn't much to lose weight loss can take alot longer and don't see dramatic changes.. in your siggie you seem to be doing great!! a loss is a loss just do your best and it'll come off... you look great for it!

Are you definitely measuring your Healthy Extras accurately?

That's a common cause for the people in my group - they say they've been 100% (I'm not accusing you though :)) but when the C challenges them on measuring HEx's they go "oh, well not really".

Are you definitely measuring your Healthy Extras accurately?

That's a common cause for the people in my group - they say they've been 100% (I'm not accusing you though :)) but when the C challenges them on measuring HEx's they go "oh, well not really".
I think so....I weigh my cereal on the scales and when I have milk I pour it into a measuring jug so I know how much I'm using.

I think it might be flexi synning that's doing it. I need to cut down a little bit and just do daily syns!

why dont you do a food diary on here for the week and maybe someone with more experience could see where you could be going wrong.

for example, if i eat too many bananas in a week then i put weight on, even though they are free

Last edited:
I think so....I weigh my cereal on the scales and when I have milk I pour it into a measuring jug so I know how much I'm using.

I think it might be flexi synning that's doing it. I need to cut down a little bit and just do daily syns!

Everything's worth a try hon!!

Hope you have the result you want at WI xxx

Back