Some people give me the RAGE!!

rainbow brite

~Starsprinkled~
Okay so this is a little delayed as it actually happened on Thursday night but I'm still annoyed about it so here goes...

Why is it that people who have done no research into VLCDs and who have
never had a weight problem in their lives feel that they have the right to slam me and my decision?

I'm sorry but telling me that it's 'the scientist' in you is not an excuse. The person in question has a degree yes, but a degree in Marine Biology. Correct me if I'm wrong but I AM NOT A FISH!

I was on overtime the other night and this friend started stressing out telling m
e that it's 'virtual starvation' and blah blah blah. 'It cannot be good for you.' 'Too few calories' and more drivel.

I phoned my own personal scientist (J) and asked him. He said that even though he didn't study nutrition he does have a degree in physiology and though he wouldn't like me to
be on LT long term he understands that it works and that what happened to me last time was not a side-effect of the diet itself and therefore discounting that one drawback I've had no other bad experiences on it. You'd think after three months on a diet of 'virtual starvation' that I'd be really ill. And yet I wasn't... ARGH!!!! People annoy me!

Another friend of mine has said that he himself would not do LT as he wouldn't want to stop eating completely but he understands that it works and isn't bad for you as it's controlled. That kind of opinion I can value
as it's not just uninformed diet bashing.

Grrrrrr!!! As you can tell, this really, really annoyed me. More than that, it actually upset me as it sounded like he was implying a severe lack of intelligence on my part.

Oh well, it's off my chest now :eek:

~Gem xx

Last edited:
Don't the drive you insane!!!!!
people in work keep telling me to eat, it's not natural blah blah blah, why do they do this?? it's obviously not for my own good!!!
losing weight is for my own good!!
luckily my O/H and family are very supportive!

poke em in the eyes if they start ranting again lol!!
xx

Feeling your rage! They never think to get on their high horse about people who live off junk food do they? They also never point out that WW or SW are technically also too few calories, just not quite as few as VLCDs but still too few otherwise how could you lose weight on them...:mad:

Oh, Rainbow Brite, stuff 'em! :mad:
These peeps who profess to know what's best are just full of themselves.
Take no notice, we all know that LT is medically approved etc.
This is the reason that the only people who know I'm on it are my workmates, husband and daughter.
You're doing brilliantly, keep it up babe. xxxx

Oh f*$k them ...you don't tell them what to do so they have no right to tell you....ya did make me laugh with the I am not a fish bit lol xxx

This is the exact kind of reason that, outside of the people I live with, I am telling NOONE what I am doing.

If anyone asks me what I'm doing when i'm making my lunch shake at work, I'm simply going to tell them that it's part of a medical program to help my health, and thats that.

If they push further, stuff 'em, I'll tell them it's not their business.
I wouldn't turn round and ask them how their bra was fitting, or how they were coping with their TOTM, so what right do they have to ask me about my medical issues? And as far as I'm concerned, my weight is a medical issue - I am medically unhealthy, and so am doing something about it.

No different to getting a cancerous mole removed, or having a broken tooth mended.

I wish people would keep their mouths shut unless the know the FACTS! Half the time these people dont have a clue and all their doing is trying to sound like they know something, but the truth is they dont know their arse from their elbow when it comes to VLCDs. If they aren't on the diet, a doctor or a VLCD councellor then they probably dont know what their talking about. I really wouldn't waste your breath or energy getting upset over their comments.

Its difficult, i haven't told many people either, but my work colleagues know. One keeps on about how it'll go back on as fast as it came off if you lose weight too quickly, nice.
I can't be bother to explain about re-feed, its too waring! Thank god for fellow LT users..x

lol I just had the idea of shoving a piece of paper with the website address of the VLCD you're doing into their hands, and telling them to do some research before they give out their unwanted opnions! :p

I tell the folks at work that its just a health drink - keeps you off getting a cold in the Winter haha, but I do get lots of flak from family and have to bite my lip. In the end of the day, they have always been poking comments about my 'good' appetite, and gentle suggestions that its really time to lose weight blabla and now when you're doning something serious, they just take the p !

I know what you mean. I just don't understand how people think they are doing you a favour! What I really don't get is this friend of mine used to be interested in me and used to tell me how attractive I was and what a fantastic figure I had - I WAS OBESE! And now I'm not he's throwing his oar in telling me that it's a stupid decision to have made etc. WTF?!

People suck. 'Nuff said.

Hi rainbow brite - I am on W8 - another VLCD - and the only comments are the "you'll put it all back on once you start eating" type....I just smile, and say sweetly - that they're right - If I go back to eating the junk that got me fat in the first place.....like I have done with all the more sensible diets out there

Just feel smug in your great weight loss. How did you decide on such a low bmi for your target?

LRO xx

Hey LRO :) I tried that retort but just got met with 'no, the second you eat anything' blah blah. Whatever. I've decided to just take solace in the fact that he just realised what he missed out on lol! He told a friend of mine that now I'm taken he wants me mwahahahaha!! To that I say tough luck! :p

As for the low target BMI, I've had a BMI of 22 before and was still fat (albeit not as fat as I finally got...) due to my tiny bone structure. I don't carry any extra weight well at all and also I figure if I go low then I've got a few lbs to play with so I don't get too down when I regain a little as is pretty much inevitable when I come off TFR. :)

I think you can expect a little jealousy too, especially if you have any plump friends. This is a hard diet, & if people don't believe they can do it themselves they tend to throw nasty comments about it. I try to avoid telling certain friends (one def springs to mind) as i can't cope with her weight issues. She was so nastly about another person's weight-loss, People eh?!

OMG opinionated people really p me off!!!! What business is it of theirs!!!! This is the main reason I have told so few people what diet I am doing. A woman at work did LL and lost a lot and I heard all the nasty comments said behind her back and that made me determined not to say anything about me! Only 2 or 3 people know, a friend who guessed (from all the water I was drinking) and another who I told recently coz she asked me outright and I know she has had a GB fitted. I don't mind her knowing so far down the line!

I've done loads of different diets in the past and lost weight only to pile it back on again (and more!) so I know people will be waiting to see me pile it back on again but this time I'm determined not to! If I do it will be me going back to my bad old habits not LT!!!!

If anyone asks I tell them I am on a diet recommended by my GP - which is true - and that seems to placate them. If they push I say it is low cal, low fat, low carb - which it is!!!!!

I think people who criticise are either jealous coz they need to lose weight but don't have the willpower or determination to do VLCD's or they are stick thin and have never had a weight problem in their lives! Either way their opinion is neither welcome nor important!

As far as I'm concerned, VLCD work for me and many others and that is all that is important. Ignore the ignorant bu**ers Gem and you do your thing babe!!!!

xxx

Back