Some questions -I have a lot to lose.

Ti@ra-M@ker

Hi,

I've been doing Cambridge diet since January and lost 2 stone but I've been stopping and starting so much that I should have lost double that on CD. I'm feeling now that enough is enough and that I want to give ww a try. I'm committed to losing weight whatever diet I'm on. I will keep trying! I know weight watchers will be a slower loss (although the way I've been, 2stone in 4 months isn't any quicker for me) but at least if I have a day when I'm not so well behaved I won't put on 5lbs overnight like I do on CD. That's what's been happening the last couple of months. CD isn't a diet you can stop and start. My question though is...I have a huge amount of weight still to lose. At least 7stone. Is this achievable with WW? or would I be better giving CD another try? I'd love to hear from anyone who has lost a lot and to know how long it has taken you to do it. I have a holiday to Cyprus in Sept. How much can I expect to lose with WW before then?

Sorry for all the questions. I would appreciate any advice at all.

Thanks

Tx

Hiya Tiara!,
I know how you feel! I tried CD with some success but even though I lost some weight I generally felt hungry, detached from a normal life and disheartened because weight would come off, go back on, come off, go back on...It left me not wanting to try any diet again that did not have 'actual' food in it!
This is where WW is fabulous. Now, I know I am not the best person to give info as I have only started this but already it is great. Foodwise I feel like I am eating, I don't feel hungry and weight loss can be consistent provided you stick to it. A bad day can be cancelled out by some exercise or a few good days! As for how much you can lose and how quickly others here will give you that info. I'm only beginning my journey with it like yourself but I have seen from other's posts that even with what you consider a lot of weight to lose it can be done and it can be maintained too which is the most important aspect! x
Check out the gallery and diaries for inspiration and motivation!x

Hi Honey!! welcome aboard.

I have lost 6 and a half stone on ww, it took me about 11 months (but I've been messing about a bit the past couple of months) completely doable!!!!

Also, Starlight has lost about 10 - 11 stone in about 16 months so its definately worth checking out her diary.

The very best of luck pet xx please shout if you need anything x

If you really knuckle down I'd say 2.5 stone is do-able before your hols. Good luck X

Hi there, as youll see from my ticker Ive lost 150lbs since Jan 07 so WW really is doable regardless of how much you have to lose. A lot of people rule it out if they have much to loose but it DOES work :)

Hiya Tiara!,
I know how you feel! I tried CD with some success but even though I lost some weight I generally felt hungry, detached from a normal life and disheartened because weight would come off, go back on, come off, go back on...It left me not wanting to try any diet again that did not have 'actual' food in it!
This is where WW is fabulous. Now, I know I am not the best person to give info as I have only started this but already it is great. Foodwise I feel like I am eating, I don't feel hungry and weight loss can be consistent provided you stick to it. A bad day can be cancelled out by some exercise or a few good days! As for how much you can lose and how quickly others here will give you that info. I'm only beginning my journey with it like yourself but I have seen from other's posts that even with what you consider a lot of weight to lose it can be done and it can be maintained too which is the most important aspect! x
Check out the gallery and diaries for inspiration and motivation!x

Hi There, I think this is the right decision for me right now too. CD is great but not for everyone. I'm excited about this. Lets hope I can stick to it!!

Hi Honey!! welcome aboard.

I have lost 6 and a half stone on ww, it took me about 11 months (but I've been messing about a bit the past couple of months) completely doable!!!!

Also, Starlight has lost about 10 - 11 stone in about 16 months so its definately worth checking out her diary.

The very best of luck pet xx please shout if you need anything x

Wow, That's a fantastic loss. Well done! Thank you for the lovely welcome.

If you really knuckle down I'd say 2.5 stone is do-able before your hols. Good luck X
Well I'd definitely be happy with that. On top of the 2 stone I've already lost that'd be 4.5st. Not bad!

Hi there, as youll see from my ticker Ive lost 150lbs since Jan 07 so WW really is doable regardless of how much you have to lose. A lot of people rule it out if they have much to loose but it DOES work :)
What can I say Starlight. You are just fantastic! I real inspiration....Maybe I CAN do this then!

Thank you all again for the lovely welcome. I have stuck to my points today....still got 5 points left..It's weird not being hungry on day 1! I started today although I am going to go to a class on Thursday for an official start. It's really encouraging to see so many fantastic results. Just the sort of encouragement I need!

Good luck.. and the WW bunch will deff take you under their wing.. they're a nice lot really.. hehe

x x x

Thank you all again. I didn't do very well yesterday... Siobhan I Got sidetracked with an evil BBQ! I keep justifying it to myself that I don't actually join until tomorrow so I will start properly then. I'm still looking forward to it though. I think I might try the core plan. I need more discipline than just counting points I think. I will see how I feel tomorrow. xxx

Whatever you decide hun it will work if you stick to it...As for the evil BBQ, JEALOUS! I just have soo little willpower if I did go for BBQ I would never stop...I would bring the Grill inside with me and BBQ everything forever ;) I'm quite excited now about losing weight...I just wish this week would go faster!!! Not to be Cheesy McCheese but I am SO glad I found this forum...

Hiya, weigh in is at 10am today. This is me just joining today so official day 1 today. My scales are broken so I don't really know what's happened on the scales since stopping CD and I'll be getting weighed on different scales anyway so I'll take todays weight as my starting weight! Let's hope that this time next week I'm looking at a good loss! xxx

aww thanks x Well that's me a fully joined member. The scales showed a 4lb gain since last time I was weighed on CD which is only to be expected as as soon as I eat when I'm on CD I seem to gain 4 or 5 lbs over night so I'm happy enough with that. It's what happens from now on that is the important bit. I just wish I could do this without the class cause I really really hate the whole group thing but I know I need the discipline of having someone else weigh me weekly. I will see how I get on. I will maybe phone my GP's surgery and see if they do weigh ins with their dietitian... I'd save some money that way too! Anyway...Here's to day 1. Thank you all for all your support. xxx

Hi

Glad today went well. A 4lb gain is nothing, especially as you have just come off CD. I only lasted on CD for 2 weeks, and the shakes made me really sick.

Good Luck with your WW journey Hun, you can do it :D

xx

Yeah! That so doable isn't it! You can totally work with 4lb...I mean I'm not surprised, I put on loads of weight back after leaving CD!x A brand new start from today hun!x Think how much you will lose for your hols!!!

Back