Some support needed.

loufm said:
Hang on I never said I ate it once a week, there is plenty of eating out post on here and none else is being had a go at, some of you are making it out that I have fast food for breakfast lunch and dinner which I don't, I only asked because I knew we was having some sort of fast food for lunch and I wanted to stay on track and the info I got doesn't state, burger king , Mc Donalds or KFC, that is why I asked.

Hun - no one was having go at all - we've all eaten it ourselves otherwise we probably wouldn't be here!

In terms of how to stay on track its nigh impossible in those places. I'd really recommend abstaining - its truely not worth the syns, even if you can find something within your daily syn allowance. After a while on SW your taste buds change, so it doesn't taste as nice, & often your body has a rather violent reaction on proper junk food - not good when you are out & about. Sneak yourself a mugshot in, order a diet coke & ask for a cup of hot water so you can make it up. Job done!

After a while on SW your taste buds change, so it doesn't taste as nice, & often your body has a rather violent reaction on proper junk food
I completely agree with kingleds here. Our bodies are built to adapt to whatever they are used to. If you spend years eating foods which are high in fat/salt/sugar, then you've trained your body to "enjoy" those foods as its first choice, and probably crave them alot too. On the other hand, if you stop all that and spend a few weeks eating good healthy food, suddenly your body will stop enjoying all that rubbish quite so much and you'll get the taste for all kinds of other flavours instead.

Sometimes the hardest bit is making the initial change - it might take some real willpower in the first few weeks (but hopefully that's when you're most determined!), and a period where you detox completely from some of the really bad stuff just to flush it out of your system, but you'll eventually reach a point where the thought of eating KFC and McDs just turns your stomach (like others said, theres way better things to spend syns on). So keep going and trust that it can get easier :)

This is the beauty of this forum, everyone is sooo helpful I think we just get carried away with ourselves.:eek:

Your title, 'Some Support Needed' is enough for most of us to take a look & read. We've all been were you are now, having take-away's, fast food etc, that's why as well as giving you the syn values we've offered more help.

My 'two penneth':rolleyes: is if you know you are going out for MccyD's or similar, try & use your syns on a weekly, rather than daily basis, that way you won't go over.

Or, if you do want to break away from food shopping then MccyD's, make your own burgers, chips etc & get everything ready for when you return from shopping.:)

Ask your doctor if he/she would refer you for a 12 week session with Slimmers World! Mine did and it was the best thing I ever did, I have just passed the 4stone mark, only 13.5 lbs left to get my BMI below 25! Go for it! It's your life..........

I once spent 66.5 syns on a macdonalds one night, enjoyed it and didn';t regret it, I don't make a habit of it though, well excep when everyone at work has a mcflurry then I do join in, lol, I specially take no money to work to avoid temptation but some kind soul always treats me, they probably think I'm a skinflint ! x

I took it like that only because some had said I eat fast food once a week, I appreciate any support on offer.

Sorry if I came across as critical in my post I just assumed by your post that you ate those things regularly. I didn't mean to offend you.
Good luck with your diet. I am off to be weighed today and hopefully make up for the half pound I put on last week:mad:

Hi hun, just want to say that if eating fast food when you crave it or when you don't have much of a choice because of certain circumstances, will make it easier for you to stick to the plan, then I say why not? But just know that the weight is going to take a lot longer to come off and then there will be times you fall off the wagon completely and it will harder to get back on it. Instead what you can do is encourage your hubby to help you out and just be honest with him and tell him that this time you really do want to make a change. And like Michelle said, make all the lovely food at home, KFC style chicken, you can have kebabs with syn free garlic sauce and chilli sauce with pitta bread, slimming world chips and salad, burgers etc just about anything can be modified to suit the plan and your family will be amazed at how tasty everything is. It will also be a good way of encouraging the whole family to eat healthy and if they don't want to, just do it for yourself and imagine how lovely you are going to look in time for Christmas. :D. Good luck.

Ha, ha I read this before many of the replies and it cropped up again so it's interesting how the replies have progressed! I didn't take it as you were eating it all the time! Having 2 young kids (and hubby!) who like mc donalds and kfc so I see your predicament.

The syns are there to be used and simply by knowing the syn values of these things either put you off or encourage you make 'better syn' choices.

Yeah sure after a while you probably won't feel like eating there but at least you know your choices. I wouldn't have batted an eyelid having a boxed up tower meal 'oh make it large' whereas now I have some sweetcorn, beans and peel the coating of a piece of chicken.

I'm sure in time it will rarely feature on our treat list, better for family health, but for now knowing the values keeps me from going silly. Good luck hun.

Back