someone check this for me please?

I'll jump on the 'have more variety' boat as well :D Plus, your lunches, it seems that for several days you just had some baked beans and fruit? Maybe using your B choice for some toast with beans/eggs/mushrooms/grilled tomatoes would be better perhaps?

you have done remarkably well so far and had some amazing losses.

What was your weight loss this week, did it really warrant being disappointed? It may just be that you are now at that stage of a steady weight loss.

That said, I would try to get more variety into your meals, your weeks do consist of pretty much the same food items. Perhaps make a deal with yourself to try at least one new recipe a week, you never know you may find that you actually enjoy cooking and also discover some new meals you like.

As someone else pointed out, you also havent been having your HEb's, you really need to try and have those.

Good luck!!!

Just wanted to add that there are loads of things you can have as a HEB - it doesn't just have to be bread or cereal. Even just using extra virgin olive oil in cooking your meal counts as a HEB. So take another look at the full list and I'm sure you'll be able to find something you fancy.

You have done so well so far, I agree re the variety as your body probably needs a shake up.

As someone else said that is a lot of spud you have there. How are you cooking your roasts, they look very shiny for fry lighted spuds?

Not having your heb could be part of why oyu have been having problems with your regularity as well. I am worried that you are not having enough food and it will make it difficult for you to cut down further on in your journey. I really would have thought you would have been having 105 syns a week
I remember you saying you were hoping to get a shiny this week lets hope with a few changes you can get it soon :)

I know I really shouldn't be disapointed with a 2lb loss, but last week was only 0.5lbs and until christmas I was having 4 or 5 lb losses most weeks..

my spuds are steamed for 10 mins then sprayed with frylight and stuck in the oven on a tray.. they look shiney in the pic because I'd just poured gravy over them.. :)

I'm going to buck the trend, LOL. Looking at your planner, I don't think you're doing anything wrong at all. Yes, you could try changing your menu choices - but the benefit from doing that would mainly be to stop yourself from getting bored and throwing in the towel.

One of the benefits of having done every diet under the sun (and oh boy, I think I can just about say that I have!) is that I can say, with absolute certainty, that weight loss isn't linear. No matter what diet you're on - even if you're on something like LighterLife and consuming <600 calories a day - there will be weeks where you don't lose very much weight. It's incredibly frustrating, because we're all sold on the idea that if we take fewer calories in than our body needs for daily living, we should lose weight. And we do - over time. But not in the same amounts every week.

Even if you were to eat exactly the same foods in exactly the same amounts for 4 weeks on the trot, one of those weeks you might lose 3 pounds, two of them you might lose 2 pounds and one of them you might lose nothing. I know, cos I've done it. :)

Why??

Well... (1) the human body is not a machine - well, not an efficient one, anyway :)
(2) levels of water in the body fluctuate - remember, the scales aren't just measuring fat loss - they measure everything. So although you might have lost fat, because you're retaining water, the fat loss won't show up at the scales
(3) Stress. Nowhere near enough research has been done on this one, IMHO. But it is known that increases in the stress hormone cortisol affect the body's ability to burn calories efficiently. Perhaps not surprisingly, studies have shown that people who are overweight have higher levels of stress, sigh...

So, for what it's worth, I think you should carry on doing what you're doing. It's working - okay, maybe not as quickly as you'd like - but it's working. Successful dieting is all about mind games, I've discovered. Don't let your mind trick you into the idea that you're not doing brilliantly. Because you are!!

it's funny you should mention stress.. the first 2 weeks in december I had just been told I was losing my job ont he 17th and freaking out about money etc and x-mas so I was very stressed out, and managed to lose over a stone in those 2 weeks.. :)

I know I really shouldn't be disapointed with a 2lb loss, but last week was only 0.5lbs and until christmas I was having 4 or 5 lb losses most weeks..

my spuds are steamed for 10 mins then sprayed with frylight and stuck in the oven on a tray.. they look shiney in the pic because I'd just poured gravy over them.. :)

You do a great job with them! They look great. You should experiment some more with the cooking.

I'm just making the veg loaded pizza from this months magazine. Its very simple - there are some really great recipes this month. I'm doing steak and blue cheese sauce tommorow followed by apple and cinnemon crumble.

Do you really eat just a can of baked beans for lunch on some days?

yes, and some fruit..
maybe some onion in the beans ( try it, it's luvly.. :) )..

I just made a "frittata" in the wok.. peas, onions, mushrooms, pepers, spinach... all frozen :).. and 3 eggs.. lush..
though technically it's not a frittata since I kept stiring the eggs once I'd added them making it more of an "egg fu yung" typs thing..

I don't feel I have earned the right to give an opinion yet ... :sign0144: but I have some 'observations' to offer ;)

You could deffo increase the size of your breakfast to kick start the old metabolism. Lunch and tea look a bit 'samey' and could do with a shake up. Introduce some more Healthy Extras, And ... easy for me to say ... I don't think you are having enough syns!

When you pop along to Aldi tomorrow morning look around the shop with 'new eyes'. Maybe take a look at some recipes today and see if there's anything that takes your fancy. I reckon you'd be a fab cook if you put your mind to it x

At the end of the day, don't forget how well you are doing! You are not doing anything wrong but by introducing more variety you may kick-start a larger weight loss.

Have a lovely weekend x

Just wanted to add that there are loads of things you can have as a HEB - it doesn't just have to be bread or cereal. Even just using extra virgin olive oil in cooking your meal counts as a HEB. So take another look at the full list and I'm sure you'll be able to find something you fancy.

Try extra virgin olive oil to roast your potatoes in or SW chips. A useful use for your HEXB

I really think you're not eating enough. You're still a big guy, and your body does still need fuel to allow you to burn fat. If you're just having a can of baked beans for lunch some days, that to me is not enough food.

I appreciate that your portion sizes are still pretty big, but I'd go for adding a variety of foods into your diet. And at your size you probably should be having the full 15 Syns a day.

I may have overdone it with the HeB's today.. :)

4 x alpen light
1 x teaspoon on EVO oil in my egg foo yung for dinner

so I have to syn 2 of the alpen light and the oil, or all 4 alpen lights.. which is less ;) ?
12 syns for the alpen I think..

I really think you're not eating enough. You're still a big guy, and your body does still need fuel to allow you to burn fat. If you're just having a can of baked beans for lunch some days, that to me is not enough food.

I appreciate that your portion sizes are still pretty big, but I'd go for adding a variety of foods into your diet. And at your size you probably should be having the full 15 Syns a day.

I have fruit with my lunch ( a nectarine and a couple of plums and sometimes an apple etc ) and am not hungry until dinner time...

I did a quick check on one website ( think it was a "rival" weight loss plan ), and it says at my size and exercise level ( sitting on the couch :) ), I need around 4400 calories to maintain my weight.. so that's about 3800 to lose weight ( based on the -600 rule of thumb )?..

I did "pig out" the first week of december because I was stressed, and still lost 6lbs that week..
so maybe there's something more to this "you're not eating enough" theory..

I may have overdone it with the HeB's today.. :)

4 x alpen light
1 x teaspoon on EVO oil in my egg foo yung for dinner

so I have to syn 2 of the alpen light and the oil, or all 4 alpen lights.. which is less ;) ?
12 syns for the alpen I think..

Count the 4 alpen as your 2 HEBs and syn the oil as 2 syns. HEB of oil is 1 tablespoon so 1 teaspoon isn't enough to be a HEB.

Yeah, what *honey said!!

ah ok then, syn the oil 2 syns and 2 of the alpens which are 3 or 3.5 each so a total of 6/7. ( you can have 2 alpen lights for 1 HEB so they are not 6 syns each.

I would suggest you dont cut your portion sizes down as suggested earlier in the thread......You can have unlimited amounts of free food and it does work....just carry on as you are. some weeks you will only loose small amounts or stay the same......People who want you to cut down portion sizes dont really understand the slimming world principles....SPEAK TO YOUR CONSULTANT.....she will tell you to continue....stick by the rules and you will be repaid......it's not a race it's a way of life for us who have struggled with our weight.......well done....stick at it....dont listen to the "cut down your portions sizes"....... (IT'S USUALLY THIN PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY NEED TO LOOSE WEIGHT WHO SAY THIS)I eat masses of food and have been at goal for nearlly 12 months....

Back