someone check this for me please?

Completely agree with the above! :D
Don't cut down your portion sizes, that is not what SW is all about in my opinion, you have done fab so far, you must be doing something right! ;)

Slimming world isn't about portion size that much is true, but if you're eating too many calories in your day then it doesn't matter if it's only free food or junk food, it's still too many calories and you.won't lose weight. It doesn't matter if we don't count calories, the body still does and it's the underlying basis of the sw plan.

Sw consultants do advise members to restrict their portion sizes if they are extreme- i have heard it many times in classes in the past (eg 10 muller lights a day as snacks is excessive), and it has been backed up by a district manager in class when somebody questioned it.

I am not saying it is the basis of sw at all, or pushed by sw as part of their plan. What I am saying though is that if your portions are gargantuan then it's not optimising food in the way sw intends and is something that should be considered if your weight loss stalls for no obvious reason.

I would also suggest changing to red or green for a week - or even alternating them.

You may be stuck in the "extra-easy rut" - I think I am on day 3 of it!

I'm having to compensate with extra body magic lol.

Seriously though Jack, have you tried red or green for a while?

Slimming world isn't about portion size that much is true, but if you're eating too many calories in your day then it doesn't matter if it's only free food or junk food, it's still too many calories and you.won't lose weight. It doesn't matter if we don't count calories, the body still does and it's the underlying basis of the sw plan.

Sw consultants do advise members to restrict their portion sizes if they are extreme- i have heard it many times in classes in the past (eg 10 muller lights a day as snacks is excessive), and it has been backed up by a district manager in class when somebody questioned it.

I am not saying it is the basis of sw at all, or pushed by sw as part of their plan. What I am saying though is that if your portions are gargantuan then it's not optimising food in the way sw intends and is something that should be considered if your weight loss stalls for no obvious reason.

Totally agree.

Yes everything in moderation is something my C has said many times.

Its the same SW prinicple that means we can eat as much raw fruit as we like but not fruit juice.

I wouldn't say that the portion size of the dinner shown is particularly bigger than many pictured in the meal pics section by people of varying weights etc including myself and really don't think at this stage it would be a problem. 2lbs is a good loss even if not as good as previously. Losses do generally slow down slightly to what they are at first I thought.

they don't have to slow down though..
i lost 6lbs and 9lbs the first 2 weeks in december, which was about week 17 and 18 I think..

I think it's more to do with not doing as much exercise as you get thinner.. even if you do exactly the same as before you're not carrying as much weight so you're not exerting yourself as much just walking about..

Well no its about burning off more calories than you take in and you can adjust as you go along and will need to because just by weighing less you are burning off less calories etc I have had to adjust every so often along my journey and am having a play around at the moment to see if can sort things out as am not happy with my recent losses
Were those the weeks that you were under a lot of stress you mentioned so there were other factors in play and you said you ate more during that time?

yup, same 2 weeks..

I've "pigged out" all weekend eating all sorts of fruit and more alpen lites etc, and according to my scales this morning, I've lost 4lbs from what they said thursday before weigh in.. so I'm planning to eat more all week and see what the results are..

I'm thinking steamed or roast fish and SW chips for tea tonight..... need veg to go with.. any ideas or just fruit for afters?

I was thinking mushy peas, but they're not superfree.. :( they are superspeed though :)

also, hom long it too long to marinade chicken?
I mixed up some FF yogurt and turmeric and garlic last night to do some sort of chicken korma type dish ( must find that recipe out.. :) ) and put it in a sealer bag with 2 chicken breasts.. they've been in the fridge overnight .. will they keep until tomorrow?

I reckon it would be fine tomorrow.

If you were worried though, you could always cook it today & re-heat it tomorrow.

yup, same 2 weeks..

I've "pigged out" all weekend eating all sorts of fruit and more alpen lites etc, and according to my scales this morning, I've lost 4lbs from what they said thursday before weigh in.. so I'm planning to eat more all week and see what the results are..

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and a really good weigh in!

I'm thinking steamed or roast fish and SW chips for tea tonight..... need veg to go with.. any ideas or just fruit for afters?

I'm having smoked haddock tonight with mashed potato and courgette and carrots and maybe a few peas and then fruit for afters probably!

I wouldn't say that the portion size of the dinner shown is particularly bigger than many pictured in the meal pics section by people of varying weights etc including myself and really don't think at this stage it would be a problem. 2lbs is a good loss even if not as good as previously. Losses do generally slow down slightly to what they are at first I thought.

I have compared it to the roast dinner on page 81 of the latest SW magazine. That has 4 roasties, Col's plate has 10.

I agree though 2 pounds is a great loss and about right for those of us not on The Biggest Loser!

that pic was from the week I lost 9lbs after a 6lb loss the week before.. and I probably didn't eat it all..
I had smaller portions last week and lost less...

that pic was from the week I lost 9lbs after a 6lb loss the week before.. and I probably didn't eat it all..
I had smaller portions last week and lost less...

It sounds like I am picking on you now. I dont mean to. :ashamed0005:

Your loss so far is amazing. Sometimes losses are smaller than we'd like. Hopefully its a body readjustment blip and you'll start getting the gains you want again asap.

It sounds like I am picking on you now. I dont mean to. :ashamed0005:

Your loss so far is amazing. Sometimes losses are smaller than we'd like. Hopefully its a body readjustment blip and you'll start getting the gains you want again asap.

awww now you're just being mean...!!! :cry:

:D;)

awww now you're just being mean...!!! :cry:

:D;)

OMG It gets worse! I really do need to fermez la bouche! I'll get me coat.

Even more :ashamed0005: now.

Back