Someone Finally noticed...

PrincessSmiles

Am on Week 11 of CD and was a leetle bit demoralised that no-one at work had noticed I've lost over two and a half stone ... (except for one lady who does Weight Watchers and so is very sensitive to weight loss).

Then on Friday one lady in the office next door said to me that whenever I go round there to use the fax machine (twice a day usually), they all look up to see how much more I've shrunk!! Hooray, it must be noticeable after all!!! :) Guess no-one wanted to mention it in case I got embarrassed!

Feels fabulous doesn't it, enjoy every minute, you've earnt it!

Georgie
x

I'm sure there is a huge difference,people are just so funny about making comments,especially those who never watch their weight.

No ones noticed mine yet,but I've such a lot to lose I don't think mine is thst noticable yet

Susan

Isn't it interesting that we care so much what others think. I am fat..i work with a fat woman who has lost 2 pounds on WW and everyone is saying how much you can tell. I have lost 2 stones and very few have commented!!!!
Paranoia setting in now...maybe they just don't like me!

Have you got any before and present photos for us to see? I'm sure this lot here will be able to spot the difference!!!

Well done on your losses far! Keep it up.

Thats BRILLIANT PS - made me smile! You've literally worked your butt off, hold your head up proud and work that new figure of yours. You've done so well :D

Keep it up! xxx

I came to a conclusion about this last year when I did LL. I reckon its because its dropping off so quickly. People probably see you and notice the massive difference but can't understand what they are seeing. After all its not usually that noticeable that quickly. Therefore I reckon some people might think you are really ill and thats why they don't say anything lol Either that or some people are just ignorant!!

Its brilliant when people start noticing isn't it. I'd lost 5 and a half stone before the first person commented. Ive lost 6 and a half now and I think its only 5 who have noticed. I do have a hell of a lot to lose but it can be disheartening.

As for the person who has lost 2lbs at weightwatchers - I'm pretty certain people can't really tell, but maybe she doesn't stop talking about it so people feel they have to be nice?

It really is a great feeling isn't it, I'm very lucky in that I get loads of compliments at work lol, especially the next door office that I only visit once a week - I even got called teeny-tiny the other day - although it's far from true it made me very happy!

Corinne x

Well I've lost 6 and a half stone and still people don't seem to notice! Even I can notice in my most recent photos (see gallery) although I still feel pretty much the same as I did at the beginning! I'm hoping the 'thin' feeling will kick in soon :eek:)

MM x

Well I've lost 6 and a half stone and still people don't seem to notice! Even I can notice in my most recent photos (see gallery) although I still feel pretty much the same as I did at the beginning! I'm hoping the 'thin' feeling will kick in soon :eek:)

MM x

They must be blind! Or jealous. No longer a fatty to poke fun at. How can they not see it or mention anything? The photos are a great incentive aren't they? Must do some!

They must be blind! Or jealous. No longer a fatty to poke fun at.

Thanks Big Birdy! Its amazing the things people don't like to say - I think its a British thing, not mentioning what people look like. My close 'proper' friends have all commented which I suppose is the important thing :)

MM x

Thanks Big Birdy! Its amazing the things people don't like to say - I think its a British thing, not mentioning what people look like. My close 'proper' friends have all commented which I suppose is the important thing :)

MM x

True friends tell you like it is, good or bad. Take it from them not the others. There is one at work who is all bubbly and wonderful, but I have seen 'the other side', and it's not nice. People who are forced together through work, especially a gaggle of women of similar nature, tend not to be nice. I much prefer to work with men!

Thanks guys! Ulp, am a bit shy of having my picture taken, but I should do it really... will have to make the effort - mind you, I'm a big destroyer of fat photo's so finding a 'before' one could prove difficult!! Lol!

Yeah, I agree - there's two ladies at my work who are doing WW and are very much lose a pound one week, gain one the week after but cos they talk about it all the time everyone gives them lots of encouragement whereas I don't like to talk about CD to anyone except close trusted friends and family cos I can't take the flak!!

It's a great feeling isn't?? Get used to it because it will happen time and time again now!

Well done on your great losses

Back