someone help me please!

simplydebs

hi all, I need help! why can't I stick to a diet. I have around 8 stone to lose and I can't do it. I joined sw in feb, and have lost 16 pound, but I have no motivation. I go on holiday in august and wanted to be slimmer to go!

how do I motivate myself, why can't I do it.

advice please

simplydebs x

You can do it Debs, you can do it, but barring having a couple of legs and arms chopped off you aint gonna do it by August.

However, you could reasonably lose 2 stone by August if you really put your mind to it, and that means focussing on dieting, every single day, until you go on holiday. Every time you want to eat, you have to ask yourself what you want more, the food or the weight loss.

Keep a written journal, make yourself write in it 3 or 4 times a day at least. It will keep you focussed on what you want to achieve and what you have to do to do it.

Be ruthless, clear out the cupboards. Throw out anything that is going to be a temptation, then make a list of what you really need and go shopping. But only buy whats on the list.

But above all, be honest with yourself. If you cheat, ask yourself who you are cheating.

My motivation was to look at myself in a full-length mirror and that made me feel so awful that I was determined to do something about it.

8 stone might seem like a lot, I know as that's how much I need to lose. But as you shed those lbs each week, it soon adds up over time and before you know it, you'll be stones lighter. Good luck!

Simplydebs you are already doing it... you have 16lbs lost - that's excellent - keep going - you will get there. If it makes you happier, seek out some cover ups for your holiday that look great and don't cost too much as you won't need them for next year's holiday!! Please don't give up xxx

you are doing great losing 16lbs, but is it not coming off quick enough for you?

i used to feel like that always wanting it gone fast, i have health issues and it's slowing my weight loss down but i thought to myself i'm not going to do it this time, it can come off as slow as it wants as it's still coming off.

why don't you start weight training as this really helps because even if the weight isn't coming off fast you're body will be shrinking and toning aswell so you will look smaller and you're burning calories.

i went back to weight training about 5 weeks ago and i can really see a difference, don't worry i don't look like a bodybuilder just more toned.

Hi
If you want fast weight loss, look into exante. Have a look at the weight loss from the exante members on here. You need to be really driven for a couple of weeks but then when you see the weight coming off every day, it really is worth it. You seem to be doing really well so far, though. I find exante really helps me as I have no choices to make, I have my shake, bar and soup drink water and coke zero and I can't have anything else. Yes its hard until you get into ketosis but after that you don't feel hungry and I've found I have more energy now!
Best of luck, whatever you do. I'm working towards August, too!

Exante is great, I use it for maintaining now. Wouldnt be without my shake for breakfast, I love them, but I really admire anyone who can do it 100%. Takes superhuman willpower but the results are fantastic.

just keep at what your doing 16lb is still a great loss, and its going the right way on the scales iv been cutting my weight since january and iv just hit 2 stone in 6 months i also wish it was more but im greatful for it to be anything :) best of luck with your journey

Back