Someone help me :(

NatalieBxx

I'm really not doing well on this diet at all, i start off with all good intentions in the morning and then after about lunchtime they all go to pot when I start picking out of boredom at work, i feel really rubbish and wonder if it's even worth carrying on as obviously I can't even stick at this :cry:

xx

I'm really not doing well on this diet at all, i start off with all good intentions in the morning and then after about lunchtime they all go to pot when I start picking out of boredom at work, i feel really rubbish and wonder if it's even worth carrying on as obviously I can't even stick at this :cry:

xx

What are you picking on ??
Do you take free fruit and veg in ??

I can relate to you hun and thats why i carry a massive bag full of food to graze on during work, loads of fruit, muller lights, and today mini babybel lights because I'm on a red day. I have something to eat every hour and it really works to keep the hunger at bay. I should know because theres a table full of cakes approximately one metre away from me right now and I haven't touched any!

I usually bring in fruit and muller lights, i got some M&S cracker/crisp things today and was only going to have some as part of my syns but have ended eating nearly the whole bag, then I feel guilty and greedy and thenn comfort eat more it really is a vicious cycle! :(

Trust me, it's worth carrying on.
I've tried many diets over the years, and I've come to realise that the only thing that works for me isn't actually a diet - it's a 'Slimming World' lifestyle change.

I've tried Slimming World at least twice before this attempt, and each time I've lost weight, but similarly to your situation, I've started snacking on the wrong foods. But since I started coming on here, I've picked up so many tips that help you stick to it.

The main thing that I find helps is to pre-plan my weeks meals. That way, I have a set list of what I'm going to eat, I know how many syns I've used, and how many I've got left - and you can even tick things off as you eat them. It means you have a little more structure to your food - instead of you thinking 'What can I have this afternoon that will be okay on SW?' you can plan it all out in advance. It really will click.

The most important thing is is that remain persistent. Whether you have a couple of gains, or stay the same, as long as you make a conscious effort to try and stay on plan, then sooner or later the penny will drop and it will become second nature!

I apologise for such a waffling post, but you should know that everyone on here is so friendly and helpful, and that we'll all support you if/when you need it :) xxx

Trust me, it's worth carrying on.
I've tried many diets over the years, and I've come to realise that the only thing that works for me isn't actually a diet - it's a 'Slimming World' lifestyle change.

I've tried Slimming World at least twice before this attempt, and each time I've lost weight, but similarly to your situation, I've started snacking on the wrong foods. But since I started coming on here, I've picked up so many tips that help you stick to it.

The main thing that I find helps is to pre-plan my weeks meals. That way, I have a set list of what I'm going to eat, I know how many syns I've used, and how many I've got left - and you can even tick things off as you eat them. It means you have a little more structure to your food - instead of you thinking 'What can I have this afternoon that will be okay on SW?' you can plan it all out in advance. It really will click.

The most important thing is is that remain persistent. Whether you have a couple of gains, or stay the same, as long as you make a conscious effort to try and stay on plan, then sooner or later the penny will drop and it will become second nature!

I apologise for such a waffling post, but you should know that everyone on here is so friendly and helpful, and that we'll all support you if/when you need it :) xxx

Thank you for your reply hun, seriously need to sort it out, like now ive eaten the crisps its almost as I think oh sod it i might as well eat what i want today ive already ruined it!
Thank you for your advice i need to do what you say and plan things ahead as thats prob a big prob :) xxx

I usually bring in fruit and muller lights, i got some M&S cracker/crisp things today and was only going to have some as part of my syns but have ended eating nearly the whole bag, then I feel guilty and greedy and thenn comfort eat more it really is a vicious cycle! :(
draw a line under that ,
Dont let one bad day turn into a bad week
Read up on what stuff you CAN have for low syns and plan head .
Also keep in mind always WHY you want to lose weight ,
I find this helps loads xx

Thank you for your reply hun, seriously need to sort it out, like now ive eaten the crisps its almost as I think oh sod it i might as well eat what i want today ive already ruined it!
Thank you for your advice i need to do what you say and plan things ahead as thats prob a big prob :) xxx

I used to get like that all the time! Even now, I do it sometimes - usually if I've had a drink, I think 'Oh, the damage is done, I might as well have three packets of Quavers!'

But, instead of that, use your syns. It might be easier for you to use weekly syns (105) instead of your 15 daily syns. That way, if on one day you eat a few things that aren't necessarily 'SW-friendly' then the next day you can compensate for that. I find it so much easier, but I guess everyone is different.

At the end of the day though, everyone is in the same boat as you at some point hun, whether they've been on plan two days or two years. Sometimes you feel like giving up, but you need to imagine how you will look/feel when you reach target and what an achievement it will be. I've stuck a photo of me when I was thin on my mirror, so every day I'm reminded of exactly where I want to be again.

Good luck to you lovely xxxxxx

I really like the idea of going by weekly syns, this may help me quite alot! Ok i need to man up and bit and get back on it, weigh day is on Thursday so I will be as good as I can til then and get planning :)
Thank you for your replies :) xxxx

If you eat superfree foods, like fruit etc, and increase your water intake between now and Thursday, you might find that this'll help you weight-loss.

If you ever need a chat/help whatever, just get in touch :) xxx

I know exactly where you are coming from hun coz I was exactly the same. I definitely agree with Ruby, planning your food for the week really helps. I find that if I don't know what I'm going to have for a meal later on then I find an excuse to have something bad.

When I'm at work I always take lots of different food stuff with me so that I have a choice. So if I don't feel like having a banana I can have a yougurt, or if I don't feel like eating fruit and want something that feels a bit more naughty I'll have an chocolate and fudge alpen light bar. I usually go home with some of the stuff but I've been able to choose what I felt like eating at the time so I'm not tempted by other stuff.

As you feel like you have ruined it for today maybe don't worry to much for the rest of the day (try not to go too overboard tho!), but then draw a line under it and start afresh tomorrow. What you have eaten today probably wont make much of a difference to your weigh in so long as you don't let it continue through the rest of the week (something I used to be very good at!)

I think once you have a really good positive day you will find that it will just continue and you will get into more of a routine and soon you wont even be bothered about those naughty things that you could be eating. Oh, (I know I've gone on for ages, lol) but really make the most of your syns each day. If you fancy a packet of crisps or a choccie bar thats fine, let yourself have it and just count it as your syns for the day :D

If you feel like munching instead of eating a whole apple, which could be awkward at work, something smaller like blueberries, blackberries, raspberries or strawberries might work, makes you feel like you are eating all the time and are small enough just to pop into your mouth, would a hot drink help? Like an Option hot chocolate, that is quite filling and only 2 syns or a mug shot in a cup? (personally I don't like the taste of them but others rave about them)

Cheer up hun, you can do it.

Thank you :)

I had a mugshot today and they are quite nice, this morning went quite well and lunch, it was when i started eating the crisps I couldn't stop! :sigh:

I think I will take myself to Tesco tomoro night after I've planned what I am going to have during the day.

Thank you for all your support girls, has definitely helped and instead of feeling down I will try and get back on it properly xxxx

This is really hard (and I'm still working on it), but if you know its a problem for you, don't buy it. Or buy in a size that doesn't matter if you eat all of it. I cannot buy multipacks of chocolate. I have to buy a single bar, and then go out next day and buy another etc. because otherwise I may eat them all in one go (although getting slowly better at this).

Also, don't forget flexible syns. So you've eaten the crisps. Don't go pig out this evening. The plan and the scales may well forgive the crisps and you could see a loss, but they won't be so forgiving of a whole evening of troughing. So, calculate how many syns was in the crisps, even if its WAY over, decide how many more you need tonight (if any) - be realistic, don't say none if you know you're going out to eat - and then stick to that new limit. Just for today. It'll put you back in control.

Whatever happens, you're not a failure, you're just practising to get it right. Good luck!

I am also someone who can't get multipacks of things, or I will eat them all. Don't forget that crisps and similar snack foods are actually designed to make you want to eat more and more of them!

There has been some excellent advice given here already. You might also want to think about what it is that happens after lunch to set you off.

You say you get bored. Why are you bored after lunch and not before? Don't you have enough to do? Could you ask for more work? Could you restructure your day so that you are busier in the afternoon? Is the job boring in itself? Should you be looking for something more challenging, or just different? If you have nothing to do, but have to sit there anyway, could you be studying something to pass the time? If you are sitting in front of a computer anyway, could you be teaching yourself new computer skills?

Just a few ideas to get you going and to try to change "I am bored, therefore I eat" to "I am bored, therefore I do something else".

Have you thought of taking in 28grms of puffed wheat with 1 oat/scan bran it's one of your hexb's or 28grms of Kellogs frosted/raisin wheats with 1 ryvita multigrain are a hexb.

Or take a look on SW website there are quite a lot of crisp bread thingies which you can have as a hexb which may be a substitute for crisps:cool:

The only other thing I can suggest is don't take any extra money with you to work, that way you don't have any money to buy anything with.

Don't get disheartened we've all been there & it will get easier.;)

Back