Someone kick me!

HellieCopter

Gold Member
I need someone to get that boot and shove it up my jacksie! I am SO not in the zone at the moment and I can't seem to get my head back there...

*sigh*

That's why I've been away from the boards, off and on. It's that vicious cycle we were talking about a while ago. Staying away, not doing well, so feeling bad and staying away more...

BAH!

^ me too, I can't break it and am making myself miserable. So I am going to have my Christmas break early, stop pressuring myself, and going for the maintain til new year's.

Aw, mate

I am so sorry you feel like this- I have really missed you being around- you always make me laugh and pep me up.

My sister was being very down last night about all the food that she couldn't have at xmas- saying it isn't fair. It was almost like she believed it was someone elses fault and wanted to blame someone/something. I got a bit supernanny with her:-

We have a choice. I CAN eat what I want over christmas, I CAN eat 10 sausage rolls and drink my weight in wine and have a huge helping of christmas pudding and leftovers, etc. But if I do, I have to accept the consequences.

Every time you feel the need to fall of the SW wagon try and remember how you felt about your weight before you lost weight- is that worth a sausage roll that won't even taste that nice anyway and will leave you feeling like you failed?

Use flexible syns for functions, but keep at it the rest of the time- you have come so far and this is a big hurdle to jump, but if you don't try you will feel a failure which could lead to you reverting back to the 'old' behaviour.

If you truly liked eating what you wanted before SW and were happy with how you looked/felt then that is fantastic- go and eat a pizza for me too!

If you didn't like being bigger then remember that you made a CHOICE to change- nobody forced you and every mouthful is a choice- if you really want the food, eat it! It doesn't make you a bad person, it isn't against the law, it isn't hurting anyone else- but accept that you will gain weight. That is your choice.

I have found this really works for me when at a buffet/function/restaurant. I look at the menu and get all whiney in my head- then I say- "Have the burger, chips and bakewell tart if you want, but accept that you will probably gain 2lb as a result" at that point I usually change my mind and find something else- sometimes I don't, eat it, have a gain and whine even louder because it is NEVER worth it on weigh-in day for me.

In a really selfish way, I would prefer if you chose to stick with it, because I miss you Hellie........and a literal kick up the bum is not out of the question because you don't live that far away!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CP thank you so much for this. I'm struggling to atm and your post was just what I needed.

Hellie - sort yourself out!! Nuff said :)

Aww hun - sending you a PM x

I'm going through the same thing! Haven't had a 100% week in a month or so! I'm still trying to follow the plan as much as possible and I'm aiming to do a 100% week this week - NO EXCUSES! I've only got 2 WIs before America and would like to lose as much as poss before I go.

Then.....come Jan......watch out world! Here we come! 2010 - our year for target!

I worked out that last week I had something (at least one thing) bad every single day. This is not good. I know exactly what you and Stacey are going through and it's rubbish. I just think we all need to get December out of the way and move on to 2010.

My problem is that I'm too near to target! Only a stone to go so I'm quite lazy about it and have lost my drive - part of that is due to Christmas and my hols being just around the corner. I'm very confident that, come Jan, I WILL be focused and getting to my target by March!

Back