Someone remind me why!!

xsarahloux

~~someday!~~
Hi gang, hope you've all had a lovely weekend! I could fancy another few days to be honest!

Day 4 of lipotrim, struggling so much. Not hungry or headachey but just downright miserable.

I lost 9st last year, refed in December, maintained until end of jan then gained 1st 3 since. So 14st 3 at restart. I want toget to 11st, but I'm just so miserable! I said to myself, I'm going to refeed then if I'm not a 11st thru healthy eating etc by my birthday (3rd April) I'm back on the shakes. So here I am back on them, didn't even think about it, just knew that was the plan so I did it, but I don't think I got myself in the right headspace. I know tobe successful on lipotrim you basically need tunnel vision, 100% on losing weight and yourself but I'm not there at all, but I'm still on the shakes!! Who knows how my mind works.

Think I need some reassurance as to why the hell I'm making myself miserable please!!

God I am daft sometimes

S xxx

hey hun im on day 3 :( im feeling miserable too dosent help that im in poxy work which all i do is sit here for 13 hrs infront of this and craving chicken so bad

just think of the summer the clothes you can buy how great ull fell knowing what u did to get wer u wana be hun

be strong hope ur ok xx

Hi Sarah, I'm on Cambridge, not Lipotrim, but the concept's the same! Oh, and the CD forum is a little quiet, so venturing out.

You put it very succinctly that you do need tunnel vision. I think that tunnel vision happens automatically when you feel HUGE!

However, whilst 14 stone is not your ideal, it's also not HUGE (I don't think anyway), so it's always going to be harder to get tunnel vision.

Ok reassurance as to why you're on them again will be different for everyone. Here's some of mine and maybe they'll help you:

1) Because I don't want the massive lost last time to be in vain.
2) Because it's not really such a big deal is it? Shakes for a few months or so, then healthy and slim forever (ideally) - small pay off.
3) Because I might feel miserable sometimes on this diet, but if I think hard about the times when I've been to an event, surrounded by slim, gorgeous people and I've felt like the most unattractive, fat person in the world - this miserable is nowhere near that bad!

You have such a lovely pretty face in that pic and my BF always told me that I lost a lot of weight off my face when I did CD first time round.

Hey

Sorry to hear you're struggling - tbh, I've found it really hard this time around & still am! I think what Liz said above is very true - we're not MASSIVE any more & I think having a smaller goal when you had this really big one before does make it tougher because, well, I know I'm not & I assume you aren't, as unhappy with myself as I was when I started out before.

But, ultimately, you're not happy at the weight you are & I think that unhappiness can often spill over into putting on a lot of what you've lost & you really don't want to be back where you started! So that's definitely a reason to take control & maintain it (through LT or otherwise...) & you know, I think if you get through a full week & see your loss, it'll be different & you'll be able to shift focus back on to yourself :)

Good luck!! Sorry that was a bit of a ramble, I got to bed waay too late last night!

Hannah

You did so well last time and it really is a quick fix. Stick to it and you know the rewards are brilliant. I haven't lost as much as you, but found myself in the same situation of putting more than a stone back on. But three weeks down the line I am in refeed and feeling much better. Being miserable for a few weeks is much better than spending loads at WW to take a couple of pounds off, put one on, stay the same etc. : ) x

Wow congratulations on your weight loss so far - thats amazing.
You know how it works and that you can do it!!
I'm not sure I have tunnel vision or the will power to succeed but I so want to. When I look at myself sideways in the mirror I feel sick - I dont even know how it suddenly got this bad and thats my focus (and my baby who i want to be fit and healthy for).
I start LT tomorrow and every has warned me that the first week is horrendous - I have massive issues with food. Have you looked into your relationship with food? Maybe that will help when it comes to refeed.
Good Luck.

Hi there - Rather than thinking about a goal weight - why don't you aim for a goal size instead as 11st might be what the charts say but not everyone is built the same -- i would love to be a size 14 - so ive bought a size 14 shirt and that is my motivation and not what it says on the scales..

Thanks everyone.

Claz- it's a good idea thanks, I'm already basically a 14 so 12 is my next goal. I have some size 12 stuff so just want it all that size! Do you know how crazy this is, for my height ishould be between 8st 1 and 10st 1! Can't ever imagine being that small!!

Han- my boyfriend was saying the exact same thing, that I'm still proud of myself from the big loss and I'm not as unhappy as I was so it's harder to be as focused.

Anyway baby steps and we'll get there! Xx

by the way folks - feeling loads better today! i was naughty and weighed myself this morning to try and make myself feel better. 8lbs down apparantly so we'll see what the pharmacy says on weds but that does make me cheerful :)

Hey sarah Lou hope your feeling more positive this evening!! As the others gave said you know what this diet can do and you succeeded last time I'm sure you can stay positive and find your tunnel vision again you did amazing last time:) just take one stone at a time and see where you feel comfortable!! Good luck for your weigh in Wednesday :p

Sarah, I don't, for a second, doubt your focus. You have been a role model for so many on here. You always have had a no nonsense yet not obsessive approach to LT. In other words, perfect balance!!
You will get that bit of regain under control in double quick time. Lots of luck for your weigh in. 8lbs is looking great for a restart.

Hi Sarah,

Wow what an inspiration, you've done so well!

Keep going, you'll only have to be on this for a couple of weeks before you reach your goal if you can.

Think of yourself in your favourite size 12 outfit, get it out and keep it in a place you can regularly see. You can do it you don't have much to loose.

Good luck,
Kirstie x

Back