Something that really helps you?

Just planning out dinner for this evening on WLR, and I'm so suprised (in a good way) at the calorie content!

I'm making Saag Aloo with this packet mix.

It's really lovely and we have it quite a lot, I find it very close to the restaurant very which is one of my favourite things!

So anyway half of the recipe made up is only 295 calories, and 165 of that is the potato!

Half is a huge bowlful as it's meant to give 4 servings, but we love it a a main with maybe a mini naan or I'll make a small veg curry or something. :)

I recon if you replaced the potato with quorn or chicken you could have a really low, but really filling and tasty meal!

What's cool whip? Sounds amazing!

@ Catcrazy .. a cross between mayo and salad cream ?? ugg no ! it's a very sweet dessert topping, like whipped cream... you can make a gazillion desserts using it as an ingredient.. I would never ever ever put it on savory nor have i heard that till now.. lol

They have regular, light and fat free..the fat free tastes exactly the same as regular and it's fantastic with chocolate pudding, strawberries etc. I actually had to go out and get some last night after i posted this.. haha It's super unhealthy (most yummy stuff is) and i'm not even sure it should be classified as 'food' because of all the crap in it but it's got practically negative calories so as a very once in a while treat i'll have it :)

Last edited:
@ Catcrazy .. a cross between mayo and salad cream ?? ugg no ! it's a very sweet dessert topping, like whipped cream... you can make a gazillion desserts using it as an ingredient.. I would never ever ever put it on savory nor have i heard that till now.. lol

They have regular, light and fat free..the fat free tastes exactly the same as regular and it's fantastic with chocolate pudding, strawberries etc. I actually had to go out and get some last night after i posted this.. haha It's super unhealthy (most yummy stuff is) and i'm not even sure it should be classified as 'food' because of all the crap in it but it's got practically negative calories so as a very once in a while treat i'll have it :)

Lol, I think she must have been having it for pudding then but decided to have a giggle at my expense! Up until then I had always thought of cool whip as like our Angel delight...thinking about it now I could be getting a couple of our "differences across the pond" convos mixed up! Oh well, the crazy doesn't just refer to cats LMAO!!!

lol too funny !!

oh i do miss salad cream though.. can't get it here :(

thank god i get my HP though.. i put that sh*t on everything..lol

Special K do a choc and mint bar.
Really nice and only 90 cals!

Cool whip sounds amazin. Sad we dont have it here :(. My life savers have to be the mullerlight yogs and sugar free jelly. Oh, and definitely diet coke/fanta/sprite/7up.

Good fresh coffee with frothed up skimmed milk - a lovely treat!

Also just discovered these soft gingerbread pieces which are lovely and ony 38 cals each so I have one or two of those with the coffee too, which makes a really lovely treat on a cold day. Makes me think of Christmas.

Does anyone know if we have an alternative to cool whip in the UK?

Another thing that helps me: kind words, empathy and a damn good kick up the ar$e from my fellow Minimins :D even I have to admit that half a stone in a week is some pretty tough going, lol!

I remember eating something called super whip as a kid, my mum was addicted to it. Like ice cream but more cream like... bet it was well calorific though and I have no idea if they still sell it. x

A quick Google has just informed me that Angel Delight do a sugar free version which is only 91 calories per 89g serving made with semi-skimmed milk :)

i'm SO sorry i got everyone all stirred up about cool whip .. lol

Back