Something to look foward to

MissCD

I will be on SS for a while, six months at least. Would it be terrible to have one meal either every four or six weeks - to have something to aim for, something to look forward to?

I attend a family meal every weekend, which would give me a controlled environment to do this in.

Has anyone else done this, or something similar? Six months seems so far away!

x

I have no idea the answer to your question but it's a good one! Would be interested to see the reply.

I will be on cwp for atleast 6 months and have pencilled in days off such as birthdays and Easter :) summit special to look forward to x

IWillBeAYummyMummy said:
I will be on cwp for atleast 6 months and have pencilled in days off such as birthdays and Easter :) summit special to look forward to x

Me too - got hubs 40th bday end of Feb and were having a Fab day out in London! I think that's my first "planned" day off! Breaks it down into more manageable chunks and feels a bit less daunting x

I agree you should have something to look forward too but I don't think it should be food. You need to move away from that mentality that food can be used as a reward or treat,

'you're not a dog, don't reward yourself with food' - thats something that has always stuck with me.

However for special occasions like birthdays etc its abit different, have planned days off but don't use them as an excuse to have a mad binge, used it as a way of testing how you will maintain when you reach your goal by eating sensibly x

If your using SS then you will have a break every 12 weeks on step 2. I would set targets as in clothes you can aim to get in the treat yourself to a new item at the point. As said above your not a dog so food shouldn't be your reward but a testing the water day just remember any carbs you have will knock ketosis and you could end up hungry.
I had treat meals and days off and now I'm closer to target find it so much harder to stick with it then I did in the first few months. If I hadn't added so many treat days I would have been at target months ago.

When i did ss 4years ago i stuck to the plan rigidly, after 3 months i did become board and attending functions and parties was really hard but i took my shake with me and just kept thinking slimmer me.
try not to look that far down the road as it makes ss harder, do each day or week a time, on your weigh in days treat yourself to something small ie:nail varnish,lipstick, expensive mag, new perfume or something for you hair. pamper yourself for all the hard work you have put in that week and the lbs you`ve lost so far.
i`m not saying never eat as that is up to you, you do get to have food every so many weeks so maybe aim for that.
just dont think 6 months its not good for you, stay positive and when you feel low post loads on here or keep a diary on here, it helps me to stay on straight road to slimdom :D
oh and i reckon i`m about the same lenght of time as you on the diet but hey ho we can do it, week by week :bighug:
kaz:)

Thanks for all your answers. I know it is not good to associate food with a 'reward' but I think inevitably everyone, large or small, looks forward to a good meal, whether on SS or not.

I am also worried that I am much more likely to binge if I do not have a pre-planned approach to 'breaking' the SS, in a controlled environment. Whenever I crave something, I think 'another 4/6 weeks and I can eat that if I still want to.' It seems a lot less daunting than waiting six months.

This is the second time round on SS for me, I did LL four years ago and lost nearly six stone (with the occasional binge, which I want to avoid this time! It's very demoralising).

MissCD said:
Thanks for all your answers. I know it is not good to associate food with a 'reward' but I think inevitably everyone, large or small, looks forward to a good meal, whether on SS or not.

I am also worried that I am much more likely to binge if I do not have a pre-planned approach to 'breaking' the SS, in a controlled environment. Whenever I crave something, I think 'another 4/6 weeks and I can eat that if I still want to.' It seems a lot less daunting than waiting six months.

This is the second time round on SS for me, I did LL four years ago and lost nearly six stone (with the occasional binge, which I want to avoid this time! It's very demoralising).

Surely better to have a controlled break rather than a binge borne of desperation? 6 months I'd a Long time but we will get there!

Back