Something very strange just happened to me

MadamDotty

Back again!
I'm feeling very strange and quite emotional, just had a most odd happening & don't quite know what to do & just want to get my thoughts out really as I don't know what to think.

I'm sat at home, got a quiet morning clientwise & have spent the last hour on my iTunes, playing music & scrolling through the new apps on the iTunes Store to see if there are any I want to put on my iPhone. The doorbell went, & not expecting anyone (I live down a quiet lane and don't get door-to-door salesman very often) assumed it was a parcel delivery, so left my music playing in the study and went to the door. Two very pleasant people greeted me and asked me about the Bible, internally I'm thinking oh great Jehovah's Witnesses, but I was pleasant and polite (tis my way) and spoke to them for about 5 mins. Explained that I in no way believe in God, but wouldn't disrespect anyone who does & admire their belief, at times I almost wish I could have that sort of faith, but I don't, I just simply don't believe - at all, to me it's not logical. He asked had a specific event made me feel that way, I said no as I didn't really want to go into details there & then, but partly, and it is only partly, my mum died when I was 15 and I started to disbelieve, a little, then & that's just increased as I've got older.

Anyway, they went on their way and I went back into the study. As I came in I could hear that iTunes was now playing a song called "Prayer" by Karen Mathieson, a lovely song, I thought to myself ooh what a coincidence, but no more than that. I then sat down and resumed looking at my apps and my eyes jumped immediately to a game called "Peggy", which was my mums name and to my surprise I burst into tears. Now maybe it was because I had just been thinking about her, but the emotion took me by surprise, I lost my mum over 30 years ago and as much as I still miss her, it's very rare that I burst into tears like that. It left me quite shaken, I just felt really odd and the thought popped into my head "is someone trying to tell me something here" I took a moment and composed myself moved onto the next page of apps as I didn't want to stay on that particular page any longer and the first app on the next page was called Ghosts! I practically jumped away from my computer, this was too unsettling.

Is this just a string of coincidences? I know that's what I'd say if it happened to someone else, I wouldn't think for a moment that it could be anything else. I'm not religious, or spiritual, I don't believe in the afterlife or ghosts or anything like that. I'm quite logical and would love to think that I'll see my mum again one day but I just don't see how that can be.

So why do I feel so strange, why can't I just brush this off as a coincidence, why do I feel it's something more. I don't know, it's left me quite bewildered and it feels most odd.

I almost ran down the drive asking the two JW's to come back & talk to me (now that's not like me at all!) but I felt I wanted to get it out of my system and really for someone to tell me what it's all about, but I know that can't happen.

I'm sure I'll look back at this and just dismiss it in a day or two, but right now, it all feels very odd.

Wow.... I'm actually quite a logical person too and don't specifically believe in anything... but when things happen like that I do look for another meaning from them... I think it helps us move on and grow emotionally??

Just my thoughts and not trying to spook you out but I would think there is a little something in your experiences today for ya :D

Gen xx

Wow, i am not surprised you were shaken! I would be too! However, like you i am skeptical, and would have to put it down to coincidence, no matter how unsettling and strange!

Perhaps a visit to your mums grave with some flowers may be in order anyway, as you are thinking about her?

Thanks both for your replies.

Wow.... I'm actually quite a logical person too and don't specifically believe in anything... but when things happen like that I do look for another meaning from them... I think it helps us move on and grow emotionally??

Just my thoughts and not trying to spook you out but I would think there is a little something in your experiences today for ya :D

Gen xx

You may be right x

Wow, i am not surprised you were shaken! I would be too! However, like you i am skeptical, and would have to put it down to coincidence, no matter how unsettling and strange!

Perhaps a visit to your mums grave with some flowers may be in order anyway, as you are thinking about her?

Sadly not possible as my mum is a few hundred miles away :(

I think sometimes when we are thinking about things we notice these things more. Had you not been thinking about your mum only seconds before those two applications may never have caught your eye but they would have still been there. Depending on where our thoughts are, different things will catch our eyes

Hi Hon,

Well, you know me of old and the strange things that occur in my life including living with 'Aunty Mary'.

I have friends who are JW's and I can honestly say they are lovely, and I find that their faith does move you, they talk in such a way to get you thinking, not necessarily into believing but thinking none the less.

I am perhaps not the best of people to say much, but you know my background and I was once told quite out of the blue that there I had three children but one was with my brother who passed when he was a baby, now there was no way she would have known any of this but I have to say it made me very emotional for a long time, and at quiet moments I find it quite comforting to know that they will be there when I need them.

When I got married my grandfather who had passed 5 years before was standing next to my Nan in the pew.

It is difficult to know what to say except, if you want to talk to your mum do!, I talk to my Nan and Grandad a lot even when I don't think I need them, but I know that they are still there in one form or another watching over me, like I know your Mum will be, and you don't need to believe to be aware of that. Your house is also a quiet house, I feel no negatives there, only security and comfort so that could also be why you sense something.

I hope that this helps a little, a big hug and love......

Caz xxxxx

I think sometimes when we are thinking about things we notice these things more. Had you not been thinking about your mum only seconds before those two applications may never have caught your eye but they would have still been there. Depending on where our thoughts are, different things will catch our eyes

Yes, I think you're right. I'm feeling more normal now, just spoke to a friend who has a very straightforward approach to things and she said pretty much the same as you. It just was very weird at the time. Thanks

Hi Hon,

Well, you know me of old and the strange things that occur in my life including living with 'Aunty Mary'.

I have friends who are JW's and I can honestly say they are lovely, and I find that their faith does move you, they talk in such a way to get you thinking, not necessarily into believing but thinking none the less.

I am perhaps not the best of people to say much, but you know my background and I was once told quite out of the blue that there I had three children but one was with my brother who passed when he was a baby, now there was no way she would have known any of this but I have to say it made me very emotional for a long time, and at quiet moments I find it quite comforting to know that they will be there when I need them.

When I got married my grandfather who had passed 5 years before was standing next to my Nan in the pew.

It is difficult to know what to say except, if you want to talk to your mum do!, I talk to my Nan and Grandad a lot even when I don't think I need them, but I know that they are still there in one form or another watching over me, like I know your Mum will be, and you don't need to believe to be aware of that. Your house is also a quiet house, I feel no negatives there, only security and comfort so that could also be why you sense something.

I hope that this helps a little, a big hug and love......

Caz xxxxx

Thanks darling, it does help and that was a lovely post, I agree about the house, it does have a peaceful feeling about it, we thought that the moment we came here. Speak soon hun xxxxx

So many coincidences but I just wish to send you a big ((((hug)))). I often buy flowers and say these are for you mam.

Irene xx

Thank you Irene for your lovely words, I'll def be buying some flowers for my mum too. xxx

Just coincidence, most likely............ like yesterday i was at work and dealing with a customer on the phone....... When i asked for a reference or a name he gave me the surname of the person doing the job which was "Stewart" and the surname of the person the job was for "Miller".......... which i thought nothing of........ only then when i got home and checked my email account i had an email from facebook saying an old school friend wanted to add me as a friend.......
His name? Stewart Miller.

Back