Sometimes feel like giving up!!

Stardreamer

Supportive
Hi everyone, I am on day 24 of lighterlife. I am really pleased with the weight loss and feel much better about my figure BUT I still have times in the day when I feel like just stopping the diet. Does this feeling ever go or is it something you have to deal with daily!!
Thanks.
xx

Comes and goes and sometimes it does not bother me for ages.

You are doing so well, pity not to finish it for you will feel so good about it when you get to goal.

I play with "my virtual model" and this reminds me of what I looked like morbidly obese and what I look like Normal!

My Virtual Model - Home

Love Mini xxx

It goes away! Don't give up... ur doing brilliantly!

Everynow and then.... and i've been like ms willpower all the way through the diet (i'm on day 32 of CD), i will look at something and think bugger it, i want to eat... but i know I won't! Its just a silly little voice that I ignore!

sometimes its easy and sometimes its hard, but I still think its the easiest diet I've ever been on!

Just think tomorrow is day 25, thats a quarter of the way through foundation! you've done so well!

mags
xxx

I play with "my virtual model" and this reminds me of what I looked like morbidly obese and what I look like Normal!

My Virtual Model - Home

Mini!
I have jobs to do! Just took a detour to look at "My virtual model" ... half an hour later the kids still need bathing and I'm still trying to decide on my new hairstyle!

Look at this site ... it's fab! (but only when you've a good hour or two to play)

LOL

Hey Stardreamer,
When I was umming and ahhing as to whether to take the lighterlife plunge, you had just started, and I follow your every move! You are the way that I find out how I'll be feeling next week! Sorry, You can't possibly give up ... I'm relying on you!
You've done so well. Think of how far you've come in just three-and-a-bit weeks! Shut the chatterbox out. You've done it so far - you know you can carry on!

Yeas some days are easy for me and other days I smell toast or curry or something yummy and want to eat BUT....if I don't go forward with this, what am I going back to ??? I don't like the answer to that so I am not going to eat !

Hi Everybody, :)

I am not too sure of how this forum works and wheter 'new members' need to post in a new member forum of some sort to identify ourselves (which I cant seem to find if this is the case) :confused: ,if so feel free to let me know.

I am due to start on the Lighter Life Programme this Sunday, I have to go along to the briefing session before I am due to begin and I thought I would post a question to ask what the current members side effects consisted of and what the actualy process of Lighterlife is and any other information you feel i need to know,

Thanks, and I will be awaiting your replies.:eek:

Hi Everybody, :)

I am not too sure of how this forum works and wheter 'new members' need to post in a new member forum of some sort to identify ourselves (which I cant seem to find if this is the case) :confused: ,if so feel free to let me know.

I am due to start on the Lighter Life Programme this Sunday, I have to go along to the briefing session before I am due to begin and I thought I would post a question to ask what the current members side effects consisted of and what the actualy process of Lighterlife is and any other information you feel i need to know,

Thanks, and I will be awaiting your replies.:eek:

Hi o0o_ev0lution_o0o ,

We do have a welcome thread and here is the link below.
http://www.minimins.com/newcomers/5373-welcome-o0o_ev0lution_o0o-minimins.html#post77171

You will find another link on it to the tour of the site.

You have done fine getting this far and before you know it you will be finding your way around no bother.

You are welcome to post anywhere you want.

I am now Cambridge Diet and have done Lipotrim I don't know how the meetings go with Lighter Life as I have never been to one, but I am sure one of the Lighter Life members will be along to help you out with this.

The best thing you can do now is cut down on your carbs and increase your intake of water as this will help you prepare for Starting your programme.

Love Mini xxx

My Virtual Model - Home

Mini!
I have jobs to do! Just took a detour to look at "My virtual model" ... half an hour later the kids still need bathing and I'm still trying to decide on my new hairstyle!

Look at this site ... it's fab! (but only when you've a good hour or two to play)

LOL

I find it great fun and have actually changed my hair to a bob and coloured it! I am now a blonde!

Now to get the body to match the rest:rolleyes: LOL

Love Mini xxx

A Big thank you to Mini, Punkass,Mags, Thinksize12 and Majickmel.
I tried the virtual mode and it is brilliant!! I feel better today but as you all know you have a great days, afternoons and evenings and you have bad ones. I know that this is the best diet that I have ever done and the results are fantastic. My stretchy size 16 jeans are now feeling baggy and my face looks so much thinner. I am even finding that I am wearing less makeup as the weeks go by. Its so strange. I now like what I see when I look at my face in the mirror!! The body stills needs alot of work but at least I look fairly decent and feel more confident now.
I know that with out your words of support this adventure would be a really hard one to stick to. I value everything you say.
Thanks and Thanks once again!!
xx

hiya Stardreamer

Hope you are feeling better today, I feel like I am getting stronger, but I do still have the urge to eat now and then, I find writing down what makes me feel good, to look over when I have a wobble. Also I feel emotionally empty, so have a treat, every 7 lbs I lose, like having my nails done or even a lush bath bomb and a book. Its getting easier. Love the virtual model, I am going to look so much better in a few months.

Hugs Shona

I did Cambridge but I reckon the same could be said for all the VLCD's. It was the easiest and the hardest diet I have ever done.

I would go from feeling that I could do it forever. Very happy...no cravings...no desire to eat food again if necessary.

Within minutes I could be craving everything, desperate for food and thinking I couldn't go one more minute without something:confused:

It really confused me how I could change so quick.

Looking back now, I know that it was the evil chatterbox. Learning to recognise it is the best thing you can do for yourself;)

Thanks Shona and Karion,
I think that it is probably worst for me when it leads up to the weekend. On friday nights my girls have duck with pancake rolls and sweetie night. I used to sit and eat it with them as the treat of the week. Except I used to eat ALL the fatty crispy skin ect!! Also the glass of wine at the weekend!! I know it is my chatterbox and I probably feel sorry for myself BUT I have to remember that this diet is not forever!! Its weigh in tonight so that will help me get through the day. This diet makes you look in depth at every part of your life!!
Thanks for everything girls.
xx

Thanks Shona and Karion,
I think that it is probably worst for me when it leads up to the weekend. On friday nights my girls have duck with pancake rolls and sweetie night.

Ouch...killer :eek: The great thing is that you know the problem. You know the thing that's making it hard for you.

So what about getting away when they are due to have that. A nice long bubbly bath, go for a walk. Anything that will get you away from the smell. With instructions that all evidence of their meal must be removed before your return.

I think it's easy to dip into the negative thoughts bag during these times. Turn this around. You are chosing not to have this meal because you have found something better, because you are strong and successful :)

It sure does make you think about lots of things, the evil chatterbox has a lot to answer to! It took me ages to realsie what was chatterbox and what was me! Many people take one day at a time, or even an hour at a time, and its finding what works for you, I look at the bigger picture too, dont forget you have shifted well over a stone, and that is a great achievement.

And you are right, its not forever, we have the rest of our life to happy and healthy!

Thanks Shona and Karion,
On friday nights my girls have duck with pancake rolls and sweetie night. I used to sit and eat it with them as the treat of the week. Except I used to eat ALL the fatty crispy skin ect!! Also the glass of wine at the weekend!! I
xx

*mouth waters at thought!*

You are so right. It is the easiest, and the hardest diet I have ever done. During the difficult times, and don`t lets kid ourselves, sometimes it`s b***** difficult, I kept telling myself that `the diet isn`t forever` and `how will I feel if I give up now?`. In actual fact, I think I would have felt worse. Now that I`ve lost 52lb and am about to cease abstinence I am so pleased I persevered.
PS - I wonder what all of those ladies who gave up Lighter Life are doing now? Stick with it. Get a mirror when you`ve lost 2 or 3 stone. Keep trying on the new clothes. Keep looking at the `old` you. You`ll get there in the end and be amazed at the transformation. I still am!

Back