Sona - My IF diary

Sona

Hi :) Thanks for stopping by my diary xx

I'm Sona. I'm 33 and currently weigh 11.7st. I've read the Robert Skinner book (The IF diet) and am feeling really inspired to try out IF. Many of my family and friends are doing various versions of IF (JUDDD, fast5 and 5:2) and all have managed to stick to their food plans and lose weight and inches so I really don't know why it's taken me so long to do this - but I am totally ready now! Another thing that really inspired me to try eating this way is my friends mum who is in her 70s and started fast5 on the 1st of January and has gone down from a size 18 to a 12. She told me that she feels like she did in her 30s. I'm so proud of her.

Although I'm overweight I actually eat pretty healthy meals but I do love, love, love, love to snack and I'd like to control that. I've also discovered high intensity interval training thanks to the book and started doing that before starting the diet ;-)

I'm still not sure if my IF journey will consist of alternate day fasting or whether I will have an eating window but think I'll start with an eating window as I feel "safe" knowing that I can eat a filling meal at least once a day (although my best friend would argue that I could have filling meals on my down days as she is doing JUDDD and can whip up amazing, hearty down day creations) and hopefully an eating window will eliminate or decrease my snacking.

Day 1 for me today and I really hope I can do this. Thanks for reading. Love Sona xx

Hi :) Thanks for stopping by my diary xx

I'm Sona. I'm 33 and currently weigh 11.7st. I've read the Robert Skinner book (The IF diet) and am feeling really inspired to try out IF. Many of my family and friends are doing various versions of IF (JUDDD, fast5 and 5:2) and all have managed to stick to their food plans and lose weight and inches so I really don't know why it's taken me so long to do this - but I am totally ready now! Another thing that really inspired me to try eating this way is my friends mum who is in her 70s and started fast5 on the 1st of January and has gone down from a size 18 to a 12. She told me that she feels like she did in her 30s. I'm so proud of her.

Although I'm overweight I actually eat pretty healthy meals but I do love, love, love, love to snack and I'd like to control that. I've also discovered high intensity interval training thanks to the book and started doing that before starting the diet ;-)

I'm still not sure if my IF journey will consist of alternate day fasting or whether I will have an eating window but think I'll start with an eating window as I feel "safe" knowing that I can eat a filling meal at least once a day (although my best friend would argue that I could have filling meals on my down days as she is doing JUDDD and can whip up amazing, hearty down day creations) and hopefully an eating window will eliminate or decrease my snacking.

Day 1 for me today and I really hope I can do this. Thanks for reading. Love Sona xx

Hi,
I'm 6 days in and have an eating window. I haven't started a diary yet but have posted in the general section in this, tracking my first week. I've gone from 10st 7.5 to 10st 1 in 6 days and I'm feeling great. Good luck, I look forward to seeing your progress :)

Hi,
I'm 6 days in and have an eating window. I haven't started a diary yet but have posted in the general section in this, tracking my first week. I've gone from 10st 7.5 to 10st 1 in 6 days and I'm feeling great. Good luck, I look forward to seeing your progress :)

Thank you so much for your support. Wow!!! It's so motivating to read that you've had such an impressive loss! Well done :) Look forward to reading your diary when you start it xx

Hi Sona :)

Welcome to the forum. I'm looking forward to hearing about your journey. And wow, how well has your friend's Mum done with Fast5! That is incredible!

Thank you CT xx Yep, she's done so well so no excuses for me. Day 2 today and so far I'm doing ok. I do feel hungry but I'm good.

Day 3 today and I'm feeling a little hungry but I know it'll go soon. Im a bit of a control freak so the amount of control on this diet works for me especially as I love grazing so this way of eating is good for me because I can't eat until later on. I like planning my meals in advance just so I won't go for everything in sight come 5pm!

Hello everyone xx

Today's a lot easier. I'm still hungry but more like I'm eating "with my eyes" as opposed to actual hunger so that's great. I'm desperate to weigh myself but I've decided I'll do it twice monthly and measure my inches once a month. So excited. I'm you going to have a catch up of everyone's diaries this week.

That's quite disciplined to weigh only twice a month - I struggle to keep to less than twice a week!! X

I've been told that it makes the losses seem even bigger but I'm a serial weigher so am having my OH hide them (actually he's put them up onto a shelf I can't even reach with a chair so I can only stare at them) ;-)

I'm really not good at keeping a diary or catching up on others. Sorry everyone but I promise this week I'll do it.

Food wise I've been eating pretty healthy meals. Roast chicken, poached fish, lots of steamed veggies and tonight I had porridge for dessert!!! I needed to up my calories and I kind of miss porridge as I'm not having breakfasts :)

I actually eat pretty healthy and not snacking has made me realise that my calorie intake is actually quite low and I need to boost that up. I'm going to play around with different types of IF over the next month to find one that works for me as I want a lifestyle plan and as I mentioned before I'm kind of missing not having breakfast (more the idea of eating breakfast with the family that appeals). I want IF to be a lifestyle thing for me so I'll work something out to fit in with my life.

Xx

Yeah, you def need to do something that fits with your lifestyle. But I guess that's the beauty of IF - prob the most flexible diet I've tried (& I've tried a lot, lol) :)

X

I've been told that it makes the losses seem even bigger but I'm a serial weigher so am having my OH hide them (actually he's put them up onto a shelf I can't even reach with a chair so I can only stare at them) ;-)

I am glad you recorded this, it would me mental torture for me and I'd be off down the divorce courts, if he ever does that to me I am putting it on here for proof and taking a photo ROFL

I'm really not good at keeping a diary or catching up on others. Sorry everyone but I promise this week I'll do it.

Food wise I've been eating pretty healthy meals. Roast chicken, poached fish, lots of steamed veggies and tonight I had porridge for dessert!!! I needed to up my calories and I kind of miss porridge as I'm not having breakfasts :)

I actually eat pretty healthy and not snacking has made me realise that my calorie intake is actually quite low and I need to boost that up. I'm going to play around with different types of IF over the next month to find one that works for me as I want a lifestyle plan and as I mentioned before I'm kind of missing not having breakfast (more the idea of eating breakfast with the family that appeals). I want IF to be a lifestyle thing for me so I'll work something out to fit in with my life.

Xx

Absolutely you got it in one, no need to beat yourself with the IF stick, make it work for you anyway you can, I've tried just about every form of IF there is and UD/DD suits me best

Back