Sooo dissapointed - low loss for 2nd week

susianna

Just posted this on Jan starters but thought I would post here too, hoping to hear from any of you more "long standing" LL'ers who have experienced the same. I suppose I am hoping for someone to tell me that they too had a couple of low losses and then went on to have bigger losses as I'm so scared that this is how its going to carry on from now on.

Just back from WI (week 5) and absolutely gutted for the 2nd week running as only lost 1.8lb. I'm just so dissapointed as I have stuck to it 100% and although a low loss is kind of understandable for 1 week what with hormones and water retention etc I don't understand why its low again this week.

I know a loss is a loss but I can't help thinking that I could be on WW or SW and losing 2lb a week and be eating rather than abstinent, lets face it this diet is kinda extreme for only 2lb a week.

All that said I'm not giving up as I've come too far to do that but I'm gonna pop to the doc's tomorrow as I have quite a few symptoms of underactive thyroid that I have been ignoring for about 6 months or so but thinking maybe if I do have it then this could be a reason for the low losses, although I'm probably just being nurotic!

Will wait and see what next week holds but not sure what I'm gonna do if its another low loss as I still have 4 1/2 - 5 stone to lose which will take allot longer than I had hoped at this rate.

Sorry about moaning and hope you've all done much better than me this week.

x

Hi Susiana,

I was abstinant for over 30 weeks. Some weeks I had good loses: 5 or 6lbs, and some weeks I had low losses. One time, I had a 1lb loss, and the following week I had a 0lb loss! I was gutted, as i was totally abstinant.

The following weeks were normal again... it just goes up and down sometimes..

My advice would be to do it for another 4 weeks from now. You should lose another stone, as long as you follow the rules 100%. If you haven't lost another stone, then see what your losses are like, and decide if another program is better for you...

try to look at it one month at a time - I saw your losses! that's a stone gone in one month! See what things are like 4 weeks from now.

Hope it goes well at the doctors!

DON'T PANIC!!!

One thing I learnt early on is that there was no consistencey whatsoever to my weight loss. I only lost 2lbs in my second week too. Then lost 8 in the third, 3 in the fourth, 6 in the fifth (scary I can remember without looking at my little book!!)

The main thing is that it'll come off is you stick to it. But everyone is different. Some people in my group lost 4lbs every week without fail. Some weeks I'd lose nothing even though I was 100% abstinent up until RTM!! But it all balances out.

Don't worry and keep remembering, it's coming off...and it'll keep coming off. Hormones, water retention, and all kinds of other stuff can make you lose less. But don't lose heart xxx

I had about 4 weeks where I only lost OUNCES. And I never lapsed.

If you are abstaining it will all come off.

Your body can only do so much and will sometimes nto let anything go.

Don;t worry - it all adds up in the end.

(You might lose 2lba week on WW - but woudl you learn to keep it off forever? ;)) Trust the program. Accept that some weeks will be low, for no reason under the sun. But stick with it.

You won;t be sorry. :)

Thanks so much for your comments it really does help to know I'm not the only one and gives me hope for a larger loss next week!

BL, SB suggested I look at your weight loss history which I have done and WG posted her's from last time which really helped so I will stop being so irrational and try and remain positive, its just I was so dissapointed as I really feel comfortable with the diet and know its the one for me and am totally comitted to seeing it through to the end so its a bit scary when you have pinned your hopes on something that you think is going to work a miracle for you and then things start to go a bit pear shaped.

Thanks again for all your support, fingers crossed for next week! x

Glad you're feeling better Susianna, and that I could help. Like I said on Jan Starters, I was gutted the first time it happened, but it did all even out and I learnt so much, like BL says, it's rare you get the same opportunity to learn so much about yourself on any other programme :)

It's sometimes easier to say it's OK though when you are so gutted - I was gutted with 2lbs on my second week this time, so if you do feel fed up, just have a rant and get it off your chest :D

Thanks so much for your comments it really does help to know I'm not the only one and gives me hope for a larger loss next week!

BL, SB suggested I look at your weight loss history which I have done and WG posted her's from last time which really helped so I will stop being so irrational and try and remain positive, its just I was so dissapointed as I really feel comfortable with the diet and know its the one for me and am totally comitted to seeing it through to the end so its a bit scary when you have pinned your hopes on something that you think is going to work a miracle for you and then things start to go a bit pear shaped.

Thanks again for all your support, fingers crossed for next week! x

no no no hon, its not going pear shaped, its our bodies sometimes need to step back and take a week or two off. Thats all. You are going to be a little diamond when you get to your goal - and you will get there. Follow this 10% and there is no way possible atall that you will fail. Promise.

Come here when you feel discouraged - there is a wealth of experience, information and support.

If you can't do it alone, we'll all do it together.

I will see if I can find my original weekly losses so you can see how it varied week to week - and I got to goal. So you will too!!!

I'll find it an post it.

XX

here you go Susianna - you can see how it varies. Hope this helps.

1st week -10.9 :eek:
2nd week -4.9 :party0049:
3rd week -5.5:party0011:
4th week -3.7 :party0048:
5th week -2.8 :whistle:
6th week -2.8 :ignore:
7th week -3.0 :wavey:
8th week -4.8:smoke:
9th week -2.4 :princess:
10th week-4.4 :queen:
11th week -3.7:innocent0002:
12th week -1.5 :blahblah:
13th week -2.6 :clap:
14th week -4.4 :massmoon:
Week 15: -.08 :blahblah:
Week 16: -4.4 :chores016:
Week 17: -2.6 :wavey:
Week 18: -1.1 :doh:
Week 19 to 22: hols
Week 23: -19.8 :talk017:
Week 24: - 2.5 :party0011:
Week 25: - 4.6 :massmoon:
Week 26: - 0.8 :p
Week 27: - 0.6 :rolleyes:
Week 28: - 0.3 :sigh:
Week 29: - 7.5 :party0049: 100 pounds GONE!!!
Week 30: - 1.1 :crazy:
Week 31: - 3.3 :flowers:
Week 32: -2.8 :princess:
Week 33: -2.5 :party0011:
Week 34: -0.8 :p
Week 35: -3.7 :cool:
Week 36: -2.9 :queen:
Week 37: -2.6 :character00238:

Lapses to date: 0

Thanks BL that's fab! Its brilliant to see that your journey included lots of ups and downs as well and yet you have still got there and done so well.

Feeling fine about it all now and back to positve thinking.

Thanks again! x

thats really good to see your losses BL
i sort of thought it would be 3 or 4lbs a week steadily, but its really not like that at all is it.
daisy x

No way daisy, it slows down as you reach the target weight :) but that is when you have to stick to it and not get annoyed.

You're welcome. :) I am so glad I saved those little entries. I really did it for myself, to look back on if I ever wanted to but it comes in handy when people get nervous - it shows that even 100% will get you varying losses.

Daisy - it does AVERAGE 3-4 pound a week. :)

Even before you get to target it can go squify for no known reason!

So fear not!! The main thing is - it all comes off!!

Carry on Susianna with the confidence and knowledge that you will hit your goal! :)

xx

Hi, Just started 3 weeks ago and lost 12 pounds so far. It hasn't been easy at all, but I'm determined to get there.

After reading all your posts, especially BL, it has further motivated me to hang in there. Thanks for all your posts, it really really helps!

wk 1 = -7.0lb:D
wk 2 = -3.0lb:D
wk 3 = -2.0lb :)

Happy to help!!!

The main thing for people to know - and this is truth.....

The discomfort you experience for a short amount of time, in no way equals the joy and -well-indescribable feeling of being slim and healthy - there is just no comparison.

STICK WITH THIS - It will be the BEST thing you have EVER done for yourself. EVER!!!!

XXX

Back