Soooo Gutted!

beccamckecca

Had my 2nd weigh in today and only lost 1.3lbs!! ive followed 100% so why have i had such a crappy loss??? I noticed a post on here yesterday about excercise can make your body go into starvation mode and i did an excercise dvd twice last week could that be it?
I cant believe ive gone a week without food to have lost 1lb!!! i could have lost more just healthy eating for the week!!
xx

Firstly well done on your loss! If you look at this another way, you're averaging 4lb a week ;) and that's really fantastic!

I know it must be disheartening, but it IS possible to lose the rest within the next few weeks...

I wonder if, because you started with a relatively small amount (not to you, i'm sure!!) to lose that that's why.

But on LT you just never know, next week you could lose 5lb!

Chin up and stick at it :)

At least you have lost and not gained! Any loss is a good loss.

And yes, exercise can 'slow' down weigh loss although for some it doesnt.

I have had pretty average weight lossess each week and i havnt exercised at all (except one week where i did the wii fit for an hour and 20mins or so on a punchbag).

Try doing no exercise this week see how it pans out :D

That may be it chick!

They say not to do any exercise for the first few weeks of LT, Your body is still getting used to not having food and will be trying to savour as much fat as it can for the long term

Well im definately not going to be doing anymore excercise!!!! hopefully next week will be a better week (please please please) i cant go through another week and only lose 1lb, im on a tight schedule lol!!!

You don't have much to loose so it will be slower.. Don't let this put you off the diet as any loss is better than none x

Sorry you're not happy with your loss this week Becca. I think it's cos you haven't got so much to lose as a lot of us. Lay off the exercise this week and see what happens too. Keep going though and the weight will come off, there's no way that it can't.

At least its 1lb in the right direction. You definately lose more if you have more to lose - if you know what I mean. Don't get disheartened

Try and drink more water and see if that helps. I've had my bigger losses drinking more water that week.

Good luck.

Yup - definitely water .... I only lost 1.6lbs last week and was disgusted - when I thought about it I knew I hadn't drunk enough because I'd been hungry as well (1st time in the whole 6 weeks-including the first days when I never had a glass/bottle out of my hand!). I upped my intake to about 4lts a day this week and lost my usual(ish) amount of 3.4lbs. xx

I third the water!!!! Keep at it. I generally think a slow loss week is followed by a good loss week. So hang in there till next weigh in and see what happens! But I hear ya! I'd be peeved too!

That may be it chick!

They say not to do any exercise for the first few weeks of LT, Your body is still getting used to not having food and will be trying to savour as much fat as it can for the long term

i think its more listen to your body and do what it tells you really...if you feel knackered dont go to the gym for a long workout :)

when i did LT last year i exercised from day one but if i felt too tired to go, i didnt go and went perhaps the following day if i felt ok again.

easy as that!

with regards to whether it affects your weigh-ins, i guess it will vary from person to person.

h xx

Back