Soooom: Bulging bride ----> beautiful bride!!

soooom

Hi there

So now I'm back on track I thought I'd create my own little place where I can some and chat away about how I'm doing! Love reading these diaries and find them a good kick up the bum!

So I've pretty much always been overweight. Put a couple of stone on at uni, taking me to 12 st 9, in my final year, 2009, got down to 11st ish by doing the Paul McKenna I can make you thin method and felt a lot better.
Started PGCE and losing weight fell by the wayside and I slowly put the weight back on, begun teaching and in my first year put even more on.
Finally weighed myself last April as none if my clothes fitted and I was up to 13 st 10 and a size 16 for the first time jn my life.
Started using my fitness pal and going to the gym, between April and June/July lost 13lbs and got down to 12st 11.

However, summer holidays and a new term took me out of my routine and again I lost the plot.

Developed a bit of a sneaky addiction to McDonald's quarter pounders and kept sneaking there on my way home!! Weird behaviour!

Got engaged in December 2012 and was determined to lose weight for the wedding (summer 2014) but it took until the first week of June to finally get my act together when I saw a picture if myself looking really big at a friend's birthday.

Weighed myself and I was back up to 13st 5. Thankfully not all the way back to where I started at 13st 10 but I did feel really big.

I got back onto logging everything on MFP and although the first few days felt like a right pain in the bum, I quickly got back into the routine and now it isn't a problem at all. Also joined a new gym and have been going 3x a week since the start of June.

As of weigh in yesterday I am down to 12 st 13 so I've lost 6lbs so far. Not a great loss but slow and steady wins the race eh! And I do have PCOS which slows it down somewhat!

I'm currently 14/16 in clothes and only 5 ft 2. I'm aiming for around 10st and I think this will make me a 10/12. Not sure as I haven't been less that 10 st 7 in my adult life!
10st still puts my BMI slightly above 25 but for some reason the realms of <10st scare me!

And I'm aiming for as big a loss as possible by September as ill be going wedding dress shopping! :)
Xx

Also I started for the first 4 weeks doing 1450 calories and have now dropped to 1300.
Last year I did 1200 calories and found it doable but really restrictive. I like the option of a little treat a night sometimes and having to stick to 1200 was a little inflexible in that sense!xx

So today was a good day, my sister graduated with a first class degree and we all went along to her graduation :)

I didn't eat great but then life does get in the way sometimes :) I had a cheese butty and skips for lunch, then a cupcake at the graduation drinks reception (mmm!) and 1/4 garlic bread and half a pizza at the Italian. It could've been a lot worse I guess and I stuck to diet coke too!

Before all that I weighed in this morning (seen to be doing every day atm) and I was down to 12 st 11.08 which is rather exciting!

And out shopping for a dress to wear this morning everything I tried on was size 14 and they ALL fitted! That's progress because previously anything with a zip I'd have been a 16! Woo!
Xx

Today not do good food wise and went a little over my calories..

Rice crispies for breakfast, a little cheese and crackers for lunch and the. A very rushed chippy tea comprising of a cheese and onion pie and a few chips.

Two iffy days in a row! And off on a family day out and having a BBQ tomorrow. Will try to be as good as possible :)

Hello, just thought I'd stop by to wish you luck :)

We have the same goal weight and are roughly the same height (I'm 5ft 2 and a half haha) and at the same stage (size 14s, yay!).

Do you teach high school or primary? I'll be starting the PGDE (Scottish version of PGCE) in August for Primary teaching and am getting very nervous!

Aww thanks hun :) wooop to size 14!! What size/weight are you aiming for overall?

I teach A level, so it's mostly 16-19 year olds :) my sister is starting her primary PGCE in September too :)

After a rather social weekend where I haven't been too careful I'm still at 12 st 11.08. Weigh in is tomorrow. So it's looking like ill only have lost about a pound this week. I'm pleased with that though after enjoying a weekend in the sun with friends and family :)
I've still been logging everything and haven't gone too far over 1400-1500 calories and have done quite a bit if exercise (not the gym, back there tomorrow), running around the beach, trampolining, ice skating and playing rounders, so I've definitely burned some calories off :)
I'm pleased with how it's all going so far and I do feel a bit smaller, especially in some clothes :) just need to keep going and not give up this time!

Hi there ladies!

I was so glad to stumble across this thread - there are not many diaries for people who are calorie counting! I have also just completed my PGCE aka the Year Of Stress! I lost around ten pounds up until Christmas but have stayed the same since. Pretty pleased with that actually as I do tend to overeat while stressed. Now I've finished I have started calorie counting using My Fitness Pal, and I'm also following the Rosemary Conley idea of less than 5% fat per hundred grams too. Feel like I need to cut out the chocolate and takeaways for a while now and detox the system. I would like to lose another 3 and a half stones so long way to go. Do you guys do much exercise? Finding it hard to get motivated!

Xx

Hi Georgie!
Congrats on getting through the year! I wanted to quit so many times, hated it!!
What was your PGCE in?
I agree, there is a lack of calorie counting diaries on here! I though cc would be dead popular cos its free! I couldn't imagine paying like £50 a month for some of these diets, or even paying for SW or WW every week!

I do try to do some exercise, I've recently joined a new gym after my old (mostly unused) membership at DW ran out, I decided to join a gym for half the price, where my best friend was a member. We're both getting married next year so are trying to motivate each other and we go about 3 times a week, 4 on a good week. I must say its so much better not having to go on my own, a lot hoarded to make excuses and more fun when I'm there :)
Are you doing anything exercise-wise at the moment?

I haven't heard of the rosemary Conley thing, might try that is I start to stall though. So you don't eat anything above 5% fat content?

Today was super energetic, we went to like an outdoor children's adventure type place where I went on zip wires, trampolining, walked loads and then went Ice skating for 2 and a half hours tonight with the kids for our church youth group. Absolutely knackered!
However food wise wasn't great, had a pub lunch and couldn't decide what to have from the veggie options so went for a cheese and onion sandwich with chips!?!! And then after ice skating we all went to maccies and I had half a Mcflurry and half a medium
Fries. I ended up just over 1300 calories food wise burning suppose with all the exercise today I wouldn't have been over really.

A lb down is always welcome in my book!! Even a stay the same is welcome some days haha.
I think I want to get to 10st overall and see how I feel. I think I'd be around a size 10/12 then. I lost a load of weight when I was 19 and was less than 9st at my lightest and looking back I think I was too slim then, I prefer having a little chunk about me lol.

Exercise-wise, I've only recently started trying to do at least 30 mins of cardio 5 days a week. The first two stone sort of came off really easily through calorie counting and walking lots/playing Dance Central now and then but now I have hit a block and I really need to up my game now!

Hi Georgie!
Congrats on getting through the year! I wanted to quit so many times, hated it!!
What was your PGCE in?
I agree, there is a lack of calorie counting diaries on here! I though cc would be dead popular cos its free! I couldn't imagine paying like £50 a month for some of these diets, or even paying for SW or WW every week!

I do try to do some exercise, I've recently joined a new gym after my old (mostly unused) membership at DW ran out, I decided to join a gym for half the price, where my best friend was a member. We're both getting married next year so are trying to motivate each other and we go about 3 times a week, 4 on a good week. I must say its so much better not having to go on my own, a lot hoarded to make excuses and more fun when I'm there :)
Are you doing anything exercise-wise at the moment?

I haven't heard of the rosemary Conley thing, might try that is I start to stall though. So you don't eat anything above 5% fat content?

Today was super energetic, we went to like an outdoor children's adventure type place where I went on zip wires, trampolining, walked loads and then went Ice skating for 2 and a half hours tonight with the kids for our church youth group. Absolutely knackered!
However food wise wasn't great, had a pub lunch and couldn't decide what to have from the veggie options so went for a cheese and onion sandwich with chips!?!! And then after ice skating we all went to maccies and I had half a Mcflurry and half a medium
Fries. I ended up just over 1300 calories food wise burning suppose with all the exercise today I wouldn't have been over really.

PGCE Primary. Got a job for September teaching Year 5, can't wait. Course was just so intense - glad its finally over!

Exercise, well as I've only just started I've just been using my Wii Fit board and game. The idea is to gradually increase what I do as I get fitter. I am completely unfit at the minute! I have to teach PE from September though so I need to sort this out over summer hols - aargh haha.

If you google Rosemary Conley Fat Attack or Kick Start plan then you can download sample plans :) basically for first 2 weeks you eat 1200 cals and make sure everything is under 5% fat by checking food labels. Just felt like I needed to get healthy I've survived on junk and takeaway with hardly anything healthy since Christmas!

Wow busy day for you! At least you stuck to a good calorie total, are you on 1200 a day? Because having chips and still only going over by 100 is pretty good! I had a McDonalds last week as a kind of final piggy meal before getting started on this health kick - put the food into My Fitness Pal just to see calorie count out of interest. Basically I had consumed over a days calories in ONE MEAL. I have been doing that once or twice a week since Christmas and for about two years before that - no wonder I'm fat! Xx

A lb down is always welcome in my book!! Even a stay the same is welcome some days haha.
I think I want to get to 10st overall and see how I feel. I think I'd be around a size 10/12 then. I lost a load of weight when I was 19 and was less than 9st at my lightest and looking back I think I was too slim then, I prefer having a little chunk about me lol.

Exercise-wise, I've only recently started trying to do at least 30 mins of cardio 5 days a week. The first two stone sort of came off really easily through calorie counting and walking lots/playing Dance Central now and then but now I have hit a block and I really need to up my game now!

It's good to not end up too skinny - women are meant to have curves!

What cardio are you doing? Do you go to the gym? I heard Zumba classes are good for burning a lot of calories - I'm going to give that a go after I get my fitness level up a bit! Xx

No I'm on 1300 a day at the moment, I find 1200 really restrictive haha it's just a mental thing really cos looking at my averages on MFP it's quite often around the 1200 mark, I just like to have the extra to play with in case I must have a snack hehe!

I was having a maccies / dominos a couple of times a week as well, it's shocking how much it adds up and especially after maccies cos its so much sugar, it wears off really quickly and you feel hungry again a few hours later! Dominos is the worst tho, I'd normally have 2 of the garlic and herb dips with it and that's something crazy like 350 calories alone!!

Just got back from legs bums and tums at the gym, it was super hard! He did it like boot camp style and every time someone gave up or wasn't doing it right he made everyone do 10 push ups and 20 crunches! My arms and legs are like jelly now haha! My heart rate monitor said I burned just under 600 calories though, so that's good :)

Think in going to have a whole meal pitta with tuna and sweetcorn for lunch and then quorn stir fry for tea. Feel like I've not had enough veg the last couple of days with being out and about so much!

Yeah, my maximum daily allowance is 1400 but I rarely get there. Usually hit the 1200-1300 mark and feel satisfied.

I wish I had the guts (and the money!) to join a gym. For now I just workout at home doing the 30 Day Shred & playing Dance Central on the Xbox haha. That coupled with walking loads. I really want to get a heart rate monitor - are they expensive?

Wow that is a great calorie burn! I just did 35 minutes on the Wii Fit which was 167 calories burnt, you have put me to shame lol. I'm going to do the Zumba game later too.

Can't believe the Dominoes dips!!!! I love putting loads of sauce on my plate, I will defo think twice in the future now! Xx

No I'm on 1300 a day at the moment, I find 1200 really restrictive haha it's just a mental thing really cos looking at my averages on MFP it's quite often around the 1200 mark, I just like to have the extra to play with in case I must have a snack hehe!

I was having a maccies / dominos a couple of times a week as well, it's shocking how much it adds up and especially after maccies cos its so much sugar, it wears off really quickly and you feel hungry again a few hours later! Dominos is the worst tho, I'd normally have 2 of the garlic and herb dips with it and that's something crazy like 350 calories alone!!

Just got back from legs bums and tums at the gym, it was super hard! He did it like boot camp style and every time someone gave up or wasn't doing it right he made everyone do 10 push ups and 20 crunches! My arms and legs are like jelly now haha! My heart rate monitor said I burned just under 600 calories though, so that's good :)

Think in going to have a whole meal pitta with tuna and sweetcorn for lunch and then quorn stir fry for tea. Feel like I've not had enough veg the last couple of days with being out and about so much!

And lunch sounds good! On Rosemary Conley she always suggests having lots of chopped up veg as a snack like carrots cucumber sweet pepper cherry tomato celery etc. good for if you're in the nibbly mood! Xx

Yeah, my maximum daily allowance is 1400 but I rarely get there. Usually hit the 1200-1300 mark and feel satisfied.

I wish I had the guts (and the money!) to join a gym. For now I just workout at home doing the 30 Day Shred & playing Dance Central on the Xbox haha. That coupled with walking loads. I really want to get a heart rate monitor - are they expensive?

I can't afford the gym either :( plus finding childcare while I go is a pain in the bum too! I actually have the 30 day shred DVD (plastic wrapper still on!) and some weights, don't feel for enough yet but I might start it next week? I'm trying to get a bit fitter using Wii first! I love Just Dance too haha - I make sure I draw the curtains first before doing as I'm sure I look like a wally bopping around the living room!
Xx

I really want to do 30 day shred but we live in an apartment on the first floor so wouldn't want to annoy the neighbours thudding around doing that! You'll have to let us know how you get on once you start it :)
If find the wii really underestimates the calories you burn, I've used my heart rate monitor at the same time and based on my height and weight and actual heart rate it's always been a few more calories burned. I don't suppose it matters if you don't eat exercise cals back but it's still nice to know you've worked hard :) my HRM is from decathlon, I got it last year so not sure if they still have it, it's a kalenji pink one. Polar are good for HRMs too :)
I used to be well into exercising at ho_me when I was at uni living in halls, I loved the davina super body workout dvd and had a few rosemary Conley ones too, they were really effective!
My gym is called pure gym, it's £18.99 a month, which isn't cheap but it's half the price of my old gym so I can just about afford it whilst saving for the wedding!

I really want to do 30 day shred but we live in an apartment on the first floor so wouldn't want to annoy the neighbours thudding around doing that! You'll have to let us know how you get on once you start it :)
If find the wii really underestimates the calories you burn, I've used my heart rate monitor at the same time and based on my height and weight and actual heart rate it's always been a few more calories burned. I don't suppose it matters if you don't eat exercise cals back but it's still nice to know you've worked hard :) my HRM is from decathlon, I got it last year so not sure if they still have it, it's a kalenji pink one. Polar are good for HRMs too :)
I used to be well into exercising at ho_me when I was at uni living in halls, I loved the davina super body workout dvd and had a few rosemary Conley ones too, they were really effective!
My gym is called pure gym, it's £18.99 a month, which isn't cheap but it's half the price of my old gym so I can just about afford it whilst saving for the wedding!

Ooh that's cheered me up thinking I may have burnt more. I'm not eating the calories early as you say.
That gym price is pretty good! I just find childcare very awkward at the best of times, and if I do get a babysitter I can always think of better things to do with my time than go to the gym..... Lol. I've got the wii fit, 30 day shred DVD, and my friend just gave me the Josie Gibson DVD to try. So it's exercising at home for me!
What's your weigh in day? Are you monitoring your fat intake or just calorie counting?
Xx

Hey there,

I've not read all your diary, just your first post :)
You sound a fair bit like me! Lol however I'm a few years behind,

I too lost a lot of weight at uni, and was 10st5 at my lowest, I'm not dare I say it 15st1lb! I graduated In 2011 so it's taken a long time to gain but by god do I feel rubbish for it,
I'm starting my PGCE in September, can't wait, and I hope the routine and mass work will aid my weight loss, I've also recently been diagnosed with PCOS myself, so same boat as such :)
I'm aiming to cut all sugary processed stuff out of my diet, as PCOS and sugar aren't a good combo and could lead to diabetes in later life so I've been told,

I'm aiming for 5portions of fruit n veg per day coupled with exercise of various sorts :)

I'm hoping to get down to 12 stone first, then take it from there

Good luck :)
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back