Soooom: Bulging bride ----> beautiful bride!!

Hey there,

I've not read all your diary, just your first post :)
You sound a fair bit like me! Lol however I'm a few years behind,

I too lost a lot of weight at uni, and was 10st5 at my lowest, I'm not dare I say it 15st1lb! I graduated In 2011 so it's taken a long time to gain but by god do I feel rubbish for it,
I'm starting my PGCE in September, can't wait, and I hope the routine and mass work will aid my weight loss, I've also recently been diagnosed with PCOS myself, so same boat as such :)
I'm aiming to cut all sugary processed stuff out of my diet, as PCOS and sugar aren't a good combo and could lead to diabetes in later life so I've been told,

I'm aiming for 5portions of fruit n veg per day coupled with exercise of various sorts :)

I'm hoping to get down to 12 stone first, then take it from there

Good luck :)
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi there Frankenstein :)
We do have rather a lot of similarities there don't we!
I didn't know that about PCOS and sugar! I might need to take a look at that, I've been focused on calories mostly so far, haven't really looked at the sugars I'm consuming so that could be the next aim!

When did you start? How are you finding it so far?
I feel really back into a routine with it now, it's definitely become second nature again to log everything I eat/drink and I'm turning down things like takeaway and mcflurrys etc without really bothering about it or giving it a second thought - I'm just determined this time.

I think this ridiculous heat is probably helping too cos I have very little appetite When it's so warm! Im craving rain and just one cold day at the moment!!

We went for sushi for tea, yuuuuum! I'm veggie but there's so much I can eat and I love how everything is clearly labelled with calories (yo sushi), I had 3 of the plates and it came to 400 calories and I was SO full afterwards, amazing!

I haven't been to the gym for 2 days as I've been in agony since the boot camp legs bums and tums, my whole body has been in agony! I'm at my parents house for the weekend so will likely get some exercise in from walking etc but will go to the Swiss ball class tomorrow before I set off and will do a full week next week I think - classes mon - Friday :)

Hey there,
I have been doing about 1500 cals over the last week or so, however yesterday was my first day back at 1200cals and I was hungry yes, but really proud of myself lol I've got today's calories all mapped out, quite excited haha

PCOS means we are at risk of diabetes because of our insulin levels, our high insulin means we produce the hormone androgen, which is the male hormone and what causes us not to release those pesky eggs
Now studies have shown, a low sugar diet, coupled with healthy eating etc and loosing weight can pretty much control the PCOS, which is what I want to try first before I medicate, just because not releasing the lining if the womb for so long, isn't good either and we're at higher risk of ovarian cancer,- this all panicked me, but I did a lot of research and the paleo diet is actually best tailored for us, so I'm aiming for that coupled with calorie controlled,

Basically nuts, fruit, veg, lean meats, eggs, no carbs,- cave man diet, have a look at it :)
Those fake sugars are bad too, fructose is a good sugar to use if any because its natural fruit sugars :)

Sorry I'm producing an essay haha I'm really not normally this boring lol

Either way, having more of a diabetic persons diet aids in our weight loss :) and prevents that horrible thing, which we deffo don't want

I'm seeing a personal trainer today to start a training plan ahhh wish me luck haha
X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What a busy few days! I've stuck to logging everything on MFP and have kept mostly to my 1300 limit apart from Saturday when we had a BBQ :)
Have weighed this morning and am down to 12 st 10 now, exactly 1st down from my original starting point last April! It's taken a long time but I feel like I'm getting there now!
With all the hot weather I've had no motivation at all for the gym, I went once last week and I went yesterday, not ideal but I'm still eating ok and ill try and up the gym, although we're away next week so ill just have to do lots of waking I guess :) going to take my kitchen scales so I can still weigh everything - stopping logging on holiday last year was my undoing as I never fully got back on it afterwards so I definitely want to keep it up this time!

How's everyone getting on this week?
Xx

Doesn't matter how long it has taken you to get here - you are one stone down and should be proud :D!

I am getting on great this week, sticking to 1200! Have been feeling quite hungry at nights when trying to sleep but I just ignore it because I know my body will readjust soon and get used to it. x

Doesn't matter how long it has taken you to get here - you are one stone down and should be proud :D!

I am getting on great this week, sticking to 1200! Have been feeling quite hungry at nights when trying to sleep but I just ignore it because I know my body will readjust soon and get used to it. x

Aww thank you I'm am feeling pretty happy this week!

Glad it's going well for you! I'm hungry at bedtime too sometimes but just remind myself food fuel for energy and I don't need energy for sleep! I think a lot of it is how you spread your calories out in the day, I feel a lot more satisfied and less likely to go over if I make sure I save some calories for the evening, even if its just 45 so I can have a twister ice Lolly, or 100 for a bowl of popcorn :)

My eating is all over the place while I'm off work for the summer! Last two days I've woken up quite late so just had early lunch rather than any breakfast and today I had breakfast but no lunch because I was busy! Will be having an earlyish tea though :) am at my mums for a couple of days and its such a nightmare without my electronic scales, she just has the old balance type scales and they measure in ounces, which is confusing haha! Luckily I'm so used to weighing I've got a pretty good idea of how much things are but looking forward to 100% accuracy once I get back to my house!
Xx

(That's kitchen scales i mean) :)

Haha I know, would make it sound even worse !!
Just figured out I need to lose another stone to take me to 'overweight' rather than obese. That'll be a nice goal I reckon :) think overweight should be renamed pleasantly plump or something though overweight makes it sound so unpleasant when I'd love to be in that category atm!!

Haha, I often refer to it as 'delightfully plump' but I do like the ring of 'pleasantly plump'! Good luck with losing that stone and getting there!

Back