Sooooo hungry!

Sez

has started again!!
I am in ketosis, had all my packs and all my water yesterday, plus Marigold, Red Bush and coffee, but I was so bluddy hungry last night I went to bed really early to avoid the kitchen.

I had hoped it would pass, but waking up today I am still famished. I am sure its not an emotional hunger, it feels so real. My LLC has often said if we are craving a certain food (eg Choc) "WOuld anything else do ?" Well, I am not craving one "bad" food, I just want a meal. Roast chicken & veg (no spuds or stuffing), or an omlette with salad, salon steak grilled on George with some asparagus.....just a decent meal.

Tell me this will pass, please...... I havent got a clue what week I am on now as I began in late Feb (its all a blur now) but I havent had this "real" hunger for a very long time.

On a plus side, today I am wearing comfortably the jeans I told you guys about a few weeks ago, that were too tight to even sit in, let alone breathe!

Sez, It will pass, it will pass.
There done as you asked, no really it will pass - honest. Sip lots of water, as if I even need to tell you, thirst first, and think how virtuous you will feel when you've beaten it and abstained and not given in.
Well done on the trousers, go try something else on that you could barely fit into that will inspire you. Look at latest fashions in magazines, and think how brill you'll look in that. I'm nearly turning into a shopaholic, holding back, because I'm not at target yet, but can manage the size 12 stretch jeans now.

Sez, It will pass, it will pass.
There done as you asked, no really it will pass - honest. Sip lots of water, as if I even need to tell you, thirst first, and think how virtuous you will feel when you've beaten it and abstained and not given in.
Well done on the trousers, go try something else on that you could barely fit into that will inspire you. Look at latest fashions in magazines, and think how brill you'll look in that. I'm nearly turning into a shopaholic, holding back, because I'm not at target yet, but can manage the size 12 stretch jeans now.

Sadly I AM a shopaholic now, but I have become an expert at sniffing out clothing bargains! Yesterday, poppe din local Debs looking for a silver shrug to go with my charity shop (!!) bargain sequined dress, and ended up buying a lovely black linen skirt, size 12, fits like a dream, reduced from £28 to £5!!!!

Sad thing is, Xmas is coming, we are in the middle of massive building work at home and I am spending not only my £66 a week on this diet but goodness knows how much more on new clothes!

Would be great if LL would introduce a clothes exchange for us to share/swap clothes as we move through the sizes!

I think that would be a brilliant idea, don't envy you the builders, must be horrendous.
I need to seriously shop for a winter coat, the last few years, the coats that I have had have barely met in the middle, have had to keep my hands in my pockets, to keep the coat roughly closed, this year, the buttons are under one arm at the button holes under the other, wraps round quite a long way. Fancy purple, dark purple, not kinda royal purple, let me know if you spot one.

Poor sez,

it is a bugger when this happens. I never worked out why - other than it seemed to happen when there was a change in weather. I don't know about where you are in the country - but in Manchester it has been cold, cold, cold.

If you ride it out - it WILL balance out. In the meantime I am sure you know all the usual tricks.... hot drinks, plenty of water, if necessary split packs and make use of the bullion.

The only other thing I did (not great for this weather though) is to freeze fizzy water and LL flavourings into ice lollipops and if I was having a particularly bad day, I would just much one after another all evening in front of the TV (only the same as drinking a pint of flavoured water but it seemed to curb the need to pick!).

I hope something works - I had a spell of a full week feeling like you do and my god was I grumpy!! (everyone I knew was hiding away from me on the warpath) but I woke up on the 8th day, realised the TOTM fairies had arrived mid morning and suddenly realised I wasn't hungry anymore and that was the end of that.

This diet is so unpredictable sometimes - just when you feel like you are on the straight and narrow, it chucks up yet another curveball. But you know the score - keep going and you turn the corner soon enough.

Good luck Sez
Laura

hmmmm...could be totm on its way! Hadnt considered that one!

Icycold- I just bought myself a very reasonably priced ski jacket in TK Maxx at the weekend. Our local one had a huge selection of styles & colours; mine is mainly pink. It is waterproof, breatheable etc etc and nice and snuggly, £30! (brand "Dare to be" skiwear, not familiar with that tho!) HTH!

Thanks Sez, it is SO wonderful to go in trendy shops like TK Maxx, never used to bother stepping through the door. Not checked TK Maxx out since becoming the new version me. Ski jacket sounds lovely and warm.

Back