Soooooo cold!!

Cazuk1976

I don't know about anyone else, but i'm absolutely freezing all the time! from the moment i get out of bed in the morning until i get back into bed when my electric blankets been on for a hour I am freezing, even when the heating is on full blast and i have layers of clothes on. I've heard this is normal on this type of diet, but i wondered if anyone else feels like this? I have about 10 cups of green or peppermint tea every day just for 10 mins of a bit of warmth, but it never lasts! its driving me crazy!!

well it could be hypothyroidism, being cold all the time is one of the symptoms. others are irregular periods, weight gain, cold and clammy, depression, constipation are among others. have u any swelling or lumps in the neck?

Hi Thinking, no lumps or swelling in the neck, and i haven't got any of the other symptons you mentioned, just very cold! Shanny i know how you feel, its horrible being cold all the time!

Me too! I never usually wear a coat anywhere - now I even keep it on indoors with the heating and fire on! The slanket company have missed a trick not marketing their product to VLCD users - I'd wear it all the time if I had one!

:):):)

i am still wearing my wooly hat , gloves, scarf i went into a cafe on friday and ate with all my things on. sooo cold i looked around people without coats on lol.

im here in front of the hot fire. x lol

Hi and welcome!
It will get better the cold feeling, your body needs to get the message that it can get it's fuel from your fat to keep you warm, when it does then happy days. If i come out of ketosis and have to get back into it i feel cold all over again, just a few days!

well it could be hypothyroidism, being cold all the time is one of the symptoms. others are irregular periods, weight gain, cold and clammy, depression, constipation are among others. have u any swelling or lumps in the neck?

Hi thinking I'm in the hypothyroid club so I'm freezing all the time anyway but get double whammy when on LT as you do tend to feel cold when doing this. I think its because you're bodys trying to use as little energy as possible so not bothering to warm you up. But the other night I went to visit my mum in hospital after a hip operation wearing 2 longsleeved tops, a t-shirt, a fleece hoodie, 2 pairs of socks, jeans and my big coat on top and I was freezing which surprised me since hospitals are always boiling!

im cold all the time too, but warm heart:)

My feet are alot colder than usual, but thats all, not too bad! Goto a metal concert, that'll warm ya up :>

Hi thinking I'm in the hypothyroid club so I'm freezing all the time anyway but get double whammy when on LT as you do tend to feel cold when doing this. I think its because you're bodys trying to use as little energy as possible so not bothering to warm you up. But the other night I went to visit my mum in hospital after a hip operation wearing 2 longsleeved tops, a t-shirt, a fleece hoodie, 2 pairs of socks, jeans and my big coat on top and I was freezing which surprised me since hospitals are always boiling!

I suffer from hypothyroidism and take medication for it. I am much colder now on Lipotrim and find it really hard to get warm. I often take 2 hot water bottles to bed! Being cold is a pain, but a small price to pay for getting slim. If you have any other symptoms, see your GP and ask for a blood test

Clair x

Hi
All the time I was on TFR I felt cold - my feet especially were FREEZING almost all the time. Since I've been refeeding (it's only been 5 days so not sure if it's relevant) it's been better. I think it's part of the LT experience (!) but if it's any consolation, you burn more calories when you're cold so try to embrace the shivers if you can ;-o

Jon
xx

Yes.me too ! Thought I was the only one suffering so much with the cold.

It's making life pretty awful.

I am going to bed very early every night with duvet, blanket , pyjamas, socks and a dressing gown and my large dog !

Probably didn't notice it last time I was on LT as I have only ever tried in summer.

Am feeling glum today:(, so the cold is just something else to battle with....going to make a mint tea and see if I can get myself warmer.

Wrap up well, everyone.....spring must appear soon !:wave_cry:

well the main reason for u guys feeling cold would probably be the fact that u are not eating food.
Food induces a thermogenesis in our body and since we are usually on 3 meals a day, the body stays warmer.
plus the weather for the past 3 days have been pretty cold as well :(

oh yeah, one good thing of staying slightly cold is that your body uses more energy to stay warm. so in a way u are burning more fat as well. so its a good thing, although i hate cold toes!

Yeah me too...cold hands and feet..............my hotwater bottle has been a saviour :D

Oh its not just me then! Thanks everyone for sharing, I'm guessing we're all in the same boat! makes me feel better knowing that!

Back