Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

Oh YUM. I just had a huuuge carb craving for potato pancakes with pasta and OMG it was AMAZING. It was more satisfying than that chinese on Monday that I'd also been craving- and it was syn free! I WANT ANOTHER ONE!
So, I was going to try have a Red day but oh well :p on set tomorrow we'll probably have pasta too so Friday will have to be a Red day! Can't believe how naughty that potato pancake felt LOL I don't know what I'd do without them :p I'm glad they take 15 mins of grating and whisky and fiddly **** or I'd go and make another one because I could eat them all day today! Just having one of those really lazy tired nosh days and was peeerfect.

_____

B: Yog, mango, banana
L: Potato, onion, carrot, eggs, pasta, cheese (hexA) and a chicken frankfurter (2.5 or 3.5 depending on if this is a green or EE day) and HexB olive oil + Ketchup (2)
D:
S:
Drinks: Icy Lemon Fanta 0, Green tea + Splenda

_____

That sounds yum Hun! It's fab when you can beat a massive craving with something good for you. I remember a while ago I did stuffed potato skins, they were awesome, really hit the spot! :)
I love a bit of green tea too, like the flavoured ones too, and a great free option when your out in a coffee shop :) much better than a high syn hot choc or mocha or something :) glad you and g are getting into it. X

I'm glad too :D at first I was like "this is gross!" but now I enjoythe flavoured green teas, though not without splenda just yet! Hopefully I'll ween myself off that too eventually though.
Stuffed potato skins sounds great!!

In other news: I JUST GOT MY PERIOD!! YIPPEEE!!! I'm NOT preggers!! AMAZING.
:party0049:
banana%20dancer.gif
:553::love047::angel09::109::dancing_snowman::0clapper::thankyouthankyou::party0023::party0019::birthday::bananalove::party0016:

OK now go away friggin' period, you suck and my tummy aches like hell :mad:
:rolleyes:

Hey Summer!

I haven't seen it, no- how was it? So many things I want to see, we were going to go tonight but I'm going to rest up and have an early night to prep for tomorrow's shoot methinks.

Btw, when I noticed my period had arrived I did a running jump into the living room to shout "PERIOD!" but then I hit my head REALLY FRIGGIN' HARD on the door frame and nearly knocked myself out- LOL. SO embarrassing!
G's reaction was "I better call my mum and tell her the bad news..." LOL. Also I said how "Hey, it's been ages since you were my personal slave- now go get me a drink, paracetamol and a hot water bottle. No sex for the rest of the week." and he said he missed the days we thought I was pregnant. :D hahahaha

(P.S. he just came in with a drink, hot water bottle and paracetamol AWWWW :D:D:D even after being like "That's not how you get your way around here!" haha, yeah right :D he's so lovely, n'awww)

Loving your new pick Hun, G sounds like such a darling, nice that's he's looking after you, that's all a girl ever really wants :) and I'm pleased about your period Hun, must be such a relief :) is G's mum ready for grandbabies? My mum is, she's got 4 already from my brother and sis but would still love it if I got preggers, deffo not ready for that yet. Maybe another 5 years and I might be :-D x

Lol! My head is fine but there is a bump and it feels bruised :S can you imagine how spastic one has to be to hit their head on a door frame!? Curse my height!!

Emma- am totally relieved! G's mum is gagging for grankids! Her daughter just had her first. Every time we see them his mum is slipping unsubtle hints about us having kids! G is 35 so he's the right age for it, but I'm 22 and certainly not ready for babies!! :p

Charley- I forgot to say before but home made fat/sugar free pop corn is synful too because it contains no free food :( I think it was like 3 syns for 28g or something but cant remember exactly. I looked it up because G has a popcorn maker too :( sorry to burst your bubble!

Haha, I'm actually taller than models. On ANTM I've heard them say that the cut off for models is 5'11, any taller and they dont hire them for cat walk! Anyway, my hoal weight isnt 7st so it isnt in my aims ;)

G feels exactly the same- we both really want to travel and plan to do so when I am fitter and slimmer. He isnt ready for kids yet and financially we're not ready yet either!

I just woke up ten mins before my alarm- phew! Feel tired but WAY better than expected. I moaned at the director a bit and he said I could arrive later as he wanted some time with the actors first anyway. Going to have quick WI but obvs * week so am not excited for it lol. X

+3lbs this morn- eek! Obvs because of * week though. It's making up for the skipped one in insane heaviness, sheesh.

Shoot went well but am thankful it's over! I've had horrible tummy ache all day.

I completely screwed up my food though! Gosh... Lunch on set was OK- I had pasta with cheese which was light- but probably 60g of it... Not sure how much constitutes for HexA of that light stuff... Also had broccoli and cauliflower with it. I explained my dietry requirements to the woman in charge of catering beforehand so that was OK. A couple of syns for the light alpro soya cream stuff, a couple of teaspoons of it mixed into the pasta (1 syn?)
BUT then EVERYTHING went tits up as it was the Director's birthday and his gf had made this INSANE brownie cake! It had home made reese's cakes, marshmallow fluff and caramel stuff all over it and was the most epic desert ever- WOAH. AMAZING. Anyway, I asked for just a tiny bit and it was smaller than everyone else's portions but it was still a LOT. I know that marshmallow fluff is only 1 syn per tablespoon and that was the second biggest ingredient- so 2 syns there. But the brownie needs about 16 syns according to my handbook, and I'm going to throw in a bunch more syns because of all the other sh*t inside it! But WOW it was great- I needed that :p my period cravings yesterday were bravely controlled but today I needed something to give me a boost on set!

Anyway, so let's say I've had about 25 syns there- yesterday I had 2 syns and no dinner so I'm going to say that cancels those saved syns out and most of today's too.

_______

Green:

B: Potato pancake (potato, onion, carrot, egg) with scrambled eggs + Hex B Olive oil + Ketchup (1 syn)

L: Banana, Pasta, light cheese (hexA2), cauliflower, broccoli, 2tsp alpro soya light cream (1 syn?) epic brownie cake insanity (23 syns~)

D: HexB roll with honey (1), banana, muller light

S: Muller light x2, Banana x2, melon fruit pot thing

Drinks: coke zero, green tea + splenda x3, squash
_______

Didn't have much for dinner- felt really hungry but no appetite, if you know what I mean? I wasn't in the mood to eat but felt this painful empty pit in my stomach from hunger... Doesn't happen often that I don't WANT to eat, lol. Anyway, managed to convert it to a green day so could count the cheese at lunch for 2 HexA's. Have cooked chicken for tomorrow and will be going for a red day!
My old consultant (I'm still on the mailing list) wrote an email about passover and that 1 large Matzo counts as a HexB! COOL! I don't celebrate passover but my dad's side are semi-Jewish (failed Jews who don't celebrate anything Jewish but do celebrate Christmas, basically) and I enjoy Matzo (with pickle and cheese!) so that's nice to know :D however- Tesco's have 2 for £3 deal on CHEWY DELIGHTS! So I bought 4 boxes! I also finally found the Alpen light Lemon drizzle flavour which I'm keen to try. ALSO I bought about ten different flavours of green tea! They were 2 for £2 for Twinings boxes so have enough to last me like a year :p we did a 10pm Tesco shop and didn't get home until about 11.30- we were in there AGES but that place is HUGE. Spent £150!! *gulp* though £20 of that was on pressies for G's mum's bday- a big Thorntons easter egg filled with small Thorntons chocs and an orchid plant. :)

Feel knackered after the shoot but glad to be able to rest now- next shoot is Thurs next week with the same crew, but will (fingers crossed) be a later start. I felt quite energised and inspired when I got home and wrote down some visual ideas for things I'd like to film- I'm so often hired as cameraman/cinematographer but I need to get involved in more of my own projects with film that I direct myself, to boost my self-shot portfolio as a solo shooter. So many people are interested in hiring me as a solo-shooter and I could really expand my horizons if I edited together some more pieces for my directing portfolio!

Last edited:
YAY for no baby!!!! Nooooo for almost concussion. You know how to celebrate in style don't you?! ;) So sweet of G to get you all your demands lol.

Light cheese is 42g for a HexA :) I always by light cheese. So not as bad as you thought.
Glad the shoot has been going well and that cake sounds amazing!!!!
Your doing so well with your syns and stuff. Really well! Sucks about your gain, but I think you're right about it being period gain :)

Hope you're having a good day.xx

Thanks Kelly :D yeah, I really didn't care about the gain as I knew it was period related, and a lot less than that of a baby growing inside me- ha! Heaviest period I've had since the summer so it was bound to be a scale breaker. Doubt it'll have settled by monday as it has barely slowed down yet, but by next Thurs I expect that pound extra loss for my 2.5 stone award!

Busy day today, went to my friend's family's business where they shine a light into your closed eyes through a machine and you experience hypnagogic like feelings and see really beautiful colours and shapes even though it's just a white flashing light. Quite cool!
Then went to another friend's warehouse for a quick catch up and picked up some funsies for tonight, though don't know if I can be bothered to go out now- so knackered from shooting. A rock club I like is having a load of cover bands in for Limp Bizkit and Rammstein and stuff so would be SO fun but I'm just shattered!

We then went and saw 'Trance' which was pretty cool!
______

Trance: 7/10

Interesting story full of loops and twists- fast paced, kept you on your toes trying to figure everything out and came together nicely at the end. Haven't got a huge amount else to say about it without a massive spoiler! It reminded me of Eternal Sunshine at parts but was much grittier where Eternal Sunshine was more sort of surreal. The ads are very vague- I thought it was all about stealing this art piece but actually that was just the start, the main plot was about remembering what happened to the stolen art after a blow to the head triggers amnesia. The film delves into the art of hypnotherapy which was interesting, I enjoy films about the subconscious... Anyway- it was pretty cool, but not insanely good! I thought the cast were great though, All very interesting faces (the dance instructor from Black Swan- I find him really cool!) and the way they tie everything together after slipping loads of subtle things throughout made for a satisfying ending! (cough- unlike that Arbitrage which cuts off just as you want answers!)

______

Food- RED:

B: Yog, banana
L: Chicken salad (salad cream light +1 syn) HexB wholemeal roll (got some the right size so no extra syns, woop), with some chicken and pickle (1 syn), muller light
D: Subway salad at cinema (beef + salad + sweet onion sauce (asked for extra so will call that 4 syns instead of 2.5)) followed by dinner at home (salad just doesn't keep me full!) scrambled eggs, chicken frankfurter (2.5), bacon, chicken, cheese (hexA 1+ part of 2) and lots of sugar snap peas all sort of bundled together in a bowl with some ketchup (2 syns) and a muller light after
Drinks: Green tea x2, NAS squash

Syns: 10.5
Saved: 4.5. Not counting earlier ones as that crazy desert was probably way more syns than I calculated. Going to a party tomorrow so will have to avoid all the nibblets!

______

Thanks for the review Tetris. :)

Btw, meant to say, your avatar pic is lovely!

Thanks Wii :) finally plucked up the courage to put a pic up- am so paranoid an ex or friend might stumble upon this diary in years to come and my alias will be ruined by the pic lol! Really dont want any in-real-life people reading such intimate life details! Worried I might accidentally put stuff on here that links back to my email address or something searchable! Am so damn paranoid :/ but yes- pic is up so I wave the white flag at SEO now :p

Not going out now, too tired, need to listen to my body.

Fanks :D now I just need to get nice and slim so I look pretty in person too- I just know my angles with the camera ;)

Yesterday I ended up having crazy munchies (if you know what I mean... :p) in the evening and followed up my food diary with a matzo (hexB2) with cheese (hexa2) and pickle (1), about 5 yoghurts (mullers and activia light), loooads of light whipped cream (2 syns) and carrot sticks dipped into an awful dip I made with quark (actually dipped them into yoghurt at one point- lol!)

______

Today, Green:

B: a banana and an activia

L: POTATO PANCAAAKE mmm (carrot, onion, potato, hexB olive oil, 1/2 hexA1 light cheese) with spaghetti, rocket and salad cream light (.5)

D: Leftover spaghetti with 1/2 HexA1 light cheese slice, chicken frankfurter (2.5), more rocket, salad cream light (.5). Quite a small amount so then had a matzo sandwich (hexB2) with 1/2 HexA2 light cheese and a small dolop of pickle (.5)

Will probably have 100ml Oatly chocolate milk for the second half of HexA2 later.

Drinks: 3x Green teas w/Splenda, Lilt Zero

______

Housewarming party got cancelled tonight :( feel annoyed I missed yesterday's thing now, but oh well. Have felt super frustrated stuck in with cramps all day and feeling quite bored and demotivated- you know when you just feel crap and nothing would excite you? I just didn't feel the energy to do anything. I read about a third of a modern play 'The Helmet of Horror' I picked up yesterday at a charity bookshop- it's odd! It's a chat room conversation about people who've woken up in unlocked cells that outside of which are part of a labyrinth with some minotaur possibly ruling it all- they're all trying to work out what's going on at the computers within the cells and the chat is moderated so that they can't share certain personal information. Had no idea what it would be about, just picked it up as it was £1 and in the plays section with an interesting cover :p I read a couple of lines in the middle of the book and it seemed interesting so I bought it. But it's a bit weird and a bit dull at points as this girl keeps going on about her dreams which don't really grab me.

Easter lunch at G's fam's tomorrow, will bring our cameras as his little niece will be there and we want to expand our portfolio to offer baby portraits.

x

Just subscribing! Some great ideas in your diary! :)

Back