Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

OMG. On top of all that stress- a bloody STS! I havent lost anything in 2.5 weeks :'( have stuck always within my syns, done a bunch of red days... What's going onnnnn!? Argh!! I wanted like -7! I even managed to go to the toilet last night :( this seriously sucks as I doubt I'll lose anything this week because I'll be inavoidably slightly off plan and flying which causes weight loss issues too. So by next monday it will nearly be a month of no loss. I'm SO friggin p*ssed.

Oh dude, you sound so stressed. I really feel for you :( I wont repeat myself as you're probably sick of my text pep talks ;) But you'll be ok, the weight WILL start coming off again, and the shoot will be over before you know it.

That sucks about the criticism. I'm not sure anyone really takes that well. Maybe they shouldn't have left it so bloody long before talking to you about it :rolleyes:

Also, if someone asked me to go to the beach at 5:30am on any day (never mind after your schedule) I'm pretty sure my answer would be "F*ck right off". I know what they mean about bonding as a team. But it really doesn't sound like you have time to do that and, you know, eat and sleep!xx

Thanks Kelly :D love your pep talks.

Yeah, going to the beach for sunrise AFTER 12 hours of filming- they then plan to go straight to the airport from there for a 8 hour flight :S apparently they do that a lot- wtf!?
This time I'm going with people who are new-ish to the team like myself- so the meeting today was just to go over how to work together etc, it wasn't as bad as the last one where they basically said "Obvs you didn't magically understand how we run things without us telling you, so, like, change that." lol.
We wrap at 4am on Friday morning- takes at least an hour to pack up and get back to the hotel- then we fly at 1pm so will have to leave the hotel at 10.30 which means waking up at 9.30am to pack and shower after a 12hr shoot that wrapped at 5am :mad: FFS. I'm going to be dying on the plane, can never sleep on them either.

Am all packed now and heading up for an early night soon, def taking nytol. Don't have to be up too early (9.30am) but it's still earlier than I'm used to- got home at 7pm today and felt like I could sleep already but had to pack! About 1/3rd of my tiny luggage bag is food- lol. Couldn't bring big one as have a huuuuge tripod bag to bring, courtesy of the company (grr) and also my wheely carry on which just about squeezes my camera bag into- as it's too heavy for my back and I can't check in the expensive lenses that'll get thrown around :/

Nervous about food on the flight- I sort of panic and want to eat lots on flights... I've got some pasta to bring for just before the bag scan area at 12.30pm ish so should at least not be starving... Though flight is at 3pm so probably will get hungry... Fhijshdflsdfgrejw I must stop overthinking things!

Food today: Green

B: Banana, strawberries, FF yoghurt
L: Uncle bens mexican bean rice (2.5 syns) with a herta chicken frankfurter chopped in (3.5), HexA cheese, diced cucumber, tomatoes and red pepper.
D: Spaghetti with cucumber, tomato and HexA2 cheese (+ salad cream light (1))
Snacks: 2x Activia 0%

Syns: 7

Really enjoyed the uncle bens medley at lunch. No HexB's today but suppose I'll be having more than usual this week so might as well save them!
x

Don't get too stressed about the sts. It'll get moving again soon enough =)

Your job sounds interesting, even if it does sound stressful. I can never sleep on flights either and hate airline food. When I came back from Borneo, i had around a 2 hour flight to singapore, 9 hour wait in the airport then a 13 hour flight back to heathrow then got a train straight home to scarborough. I literally fell asleep for like a whole day. No way would I go to the beach at 5.30am after loads of flights and work. Jetlag is horrible! It's nearly a full day of flights for South Africa as I'm going via Dubai. I'm not looking forward to it. I'm not going to be doing SW when I go there. I should be on a boat most days and diving so should be ok. I don't think I can take 3 weeks worth of food with me, even though I have a 30kg baggage allowance, which isn't too bad. I may try to take some healthy options with me if I can.

Don't get too stressed over the next few days. I wish my job involved travelling =P

Good luck for the shoot mate and do try not to stress too much about the food. You'll be right back on plan when you get back anyway and a few days wont do too much damage. Just focus on work and trying not to fall asleep ;)

I can't sleep on planes either. I mean I LOVE flying, although I might not if I had to do it a lot, but can never get comfortable enough to sleep. I almost did flying to Kiruna, but I jarred my neck and woke up with a pretty loud "OW!" :eek:

Hope it all goes as well as it can and will look out for you getting back :)
Nighty night dude.xx

Thanks guys.

Gizmo- I'm sure you'll have time to find things out there? The only reason I panic and bring stuff is on these shoots we literally get no time. Get in late, shops are shut, wake up to an alarm and go straight to shoot until 3am- so otherwise breakfast/lunch would be dodgy stuff inevitably!
Anyway, am still in bed and need to get my ass up and over to Heathrow now! Ciao x

Hi Hun,
hope your ok and not too stressed. Did you find sprinkle Splenda in the end? If not you might be able to nab some from somewhere at the airport.
Try to enjoy it as much as possible but I think you'd enjoy a morning on the beach before you leave, it will relax you :) pack the day before and an hour on the beach, think would be fun, but I LOVE my bed and I'm pretty sure after a 12 he shoot I wouldn't be saying that! Lol. I'm saying it cos I want to be on the beach right now! Lol.
Don't worry about SW Hun, you've planned as much as you possibly can do, and by now you'll be subconsciously making better decisions that you would have done pre-SW.
Good luck Hun, have a fab time and have fun with your newbies :)
xxx

Hey oddsock- great to have you here :D job sounds exciting but is pretty stressy really! Sadly dont think I'll see any of Abu Dhabi apart from the hotel bed and wedding venues. No way am I staying up for sunrise at the beach and getting on a flight after all that filming- LOL EMMAB, you are crazy!

Thanks for all the support though guys :)!!
I'm feeling better about it today. At heathrow now- 2hr delay *cry* but got a food voucher for a fiver so will buy this tasty looking asian chicken salad from pret!
Thanks for the reminder EmmaB! JUST found some packet granulated sweetner in pret- ha :D I did actually pack some in a tiny tupperware- hope they dont conviscate it but doubt they will lol. Also- they let my pasta salad through the scan area :O I had a potato pancake and eggs for breakkie so will save it for on the plane or maybe even tomorrow (though might be gross after long flight out of fridge!) but yeah- super cool that I can save it and the chicken salad :D yay.
They also let my dodgy looking sandwich bag of green tea bags through, totally looks like drugs lol but had no problems. Hopefully will keep hydrated on the plane with them.

Gizmo- I'm sure you'll have time to find food in shops out there? The only reason I panic and bring stuff is on these shoots we literally get no time between sleep and shoots and everything is rushed. Get in late, shops are shut, wake up to an alarm and go straight to shoot until 3am- so otherwise breakfast/lunch would be dodgy stuff inevitably!

More TMI coming up, brace uourself/look away: managed to buy some laxatives at airport- exciting :p lol! But managed to squeeze one out not long ago- yay! Hopefully drinking more than normal will prevent my usual flight constipation and hopefully help the scales too on Mon!

I saw some beef jerky in Smiths and turns out it's 1.5syns for 25g bag- not bad! Easy to keep in cam bag/hotel so bought a couple of packets!
Nearly bought these rescue remedy blackcurrent sweets but turns out the tin was £6.80!? They looked nice though and I was brought up with rescue remedy when stressed- wish they were third of that price (or even half!)

Back to twiddling my thumbs while I wait out the delay... X

Last edited:
Can't believe I have time to write on here! It's 1am here but obvs jet lag so we're staying up. Shooting at 5pm tomorrow so luckily these shoots lend themselves to the jetlag! but after tomorrow's shoot we'll only get 4hrs sleep before our flight so will hopefully hit the hay fairly early today to get rested up.

Shooting today's event was manic and really stressful. We shot at 3 locations and it was all really disorganised. And only a half day shoot!! SO damn achey today.

Am going to list the food from the past couple of days, has mainly been snacking ratther than meals and haven't been toooo bad but obvs way over normal syns.

Day 1/Flying:
B: Potato pancake with scrambled eggs (potato, onion, carrot, olive oil, eggs) and ketchup.
L: A wrap from pret (with sesame chicken) and a banana. Think wraps are like 9 syns? Plus all the crap inside. Also had a fruit bowl and granola yoghurt thing.
D: Plane food: Veg option- pasta and tortelloni, one with a creamy sauce and one with a tomato sauce. Small portion though. They brought around mini pizzas 5 hours later and I scoffed two! OOPS. So nice though- really gooey. The packet said 170cal each- 16 syns for the two then. I DID however pass on the bread roll, crackers AND desert that came with the first meal! I actually dipped my finger in the desert to test the flavour and it was yummy, but I put it in my lil' plastic bag bin and it remained there for the rest of the flight! Feel good about that :D
Drinks: Had a vodka diet coke as I thought they'd give me a mini bottle of vodka to take home like Emirates do, but this airline pour it from a proper bottle :mad: damnit! So I drank it anyway :p 4 syns there. Had literally about 8 green teas! Mango and Lychee flavour With sweetner. Yay :D also drank over a litre of water on top of that, so feel like I kept nice and hydrated! Also (TMI coming up again, look away) managed to poop before the fliight AND on the flight!! YES. Regulating again! I bought some herbal laxatives but hadnt ttaken them yet- took a cheeky one last night as thought the plane might constipate me as usual and just enjoyed another lovely poop. So relieved it's back to normal lol.

Day 2/Shoot1:
B: instant Porridge (HexB) plus a banana. My roomie for the trip didnt pack breakfast so I asked her to get me some bananas when she went to the shop which took her an hour to find! sheesh. Glad I brought stuff, need fuel as soon as I get up. Had time for a quick dip in the pool (5 mins- literally) which was nice. Also had an Alpen light bar.
L: Because our flight was delayed 3 hours we were given lunch tokens which I bought an asian chicken and noodle salad from pret with- it survived the flight so I put it in the mini fridge and had that for lunch :) had the dressing with it too though it was quite watery and fairly small amount. Also had a banana and two more alpen light bars throughout the afternoon.
Dinner: Buffet at the mens party of traditional Arabic foods. I tried Camel!! It was kinda weird, chewy, I felt weird to be eating a camel but got a weird adrenaline rush from it lol!? But it was quite fatty- only had a couple of mouthfuls. Had rice, lamb, two veg samosas (really really good ones!), two types of salad and two small chocolates after. Ate quite a lot but Lunch had been small and split over two feeding times so I felt deserving of a proper meal after the very physically intensive filming.

Tomorrow probably:
B: Banana and instant porridge with sweetner
L: Banana and Leftover pasta from ages ago that I brought on the plane and put in the mini fridge! Probably also with some couscous or a mugshot as there isn't much of it.
D: Most likely another buffet of arabic food, curries etc. Will probably eat whatever (aiming for a 1/3rd superfree still though) but will avoid the deserts table except fruit.

Think I've not been too bad really! Pret stuff and stuff from home has been a lifesaver. Next time I'll bring a huge batch of pasta though lol!

It has been good to write this down because it's made me realise that actually it could have been way worse, those pizzas were the only real naughty thing and they were 16 syns so really not that bad :D this has motivated me to stay away from the deserts tomorrow! Food diary FTW!

Feel really good about keeping hydrated on the flight and the bowel movements :p maybe I could have a loss after all! Maybe?!? Better not get hopes up :p but usually get good losses when least expected... :O

I am in so much pain from the heavy lifting an operating today. time to lie on my back and cry it out. :p x

You're doing amazeballs mate :D Seriously well done! I'd have eaten everything in sight trying to keep to a schedule like yours. Hope the next shoot goes well. Is stuff over there always so disorganised?

Can you compare the camel to any other meat? Did you like it or kinda just glad you tried it? I do kinda miss trying new things like that. But I did LOVE reindeer ;)

Hope you have a nice flight back without any pesky earthquake delays.xx

Thanks guys :D home now and to a delightful STS! Especially since I feel so bloated- so I recon by Monday I should have a loss... Pleaaase!? Lol. It had been a month of STS now (well, period gain took ages to be lost :/) but I'm trying not to think about that. I'll do a proper food diary entry later but was pretty good on the plane but not so good on the shoot. Didnt get fed on the shoot though so the canipès and few chocolates were in place of a meal!

Am glad I tried the camel but.it wasnt great :p to be honest- I had two diff meats and wasnt sure which was camel and which was lamb to start with, then I found myself telling my friend "camel tastes like lamb!" then though- oh :p
It didnt have much flavour but the texture wasnt great. Still feel hardcore for trying it though :D
The second shoot was even more.manic and we didnt get a break or food for the 12hrs we were there (5pm-5am). Had a big lunch luckily!
Need a big PJ day now, sheesh I feel wrecked. X

Ah, so didn't end up updating from the past couple of days away, but need to sleep now so will quickly log today's food.

________

B: Muller light and banana
L: Potato pancake (bigger than normal potato, 2 onions, large carrot, olive oil (hexB1), ketchup (1)) and a little bit of pasta.
D: Pasta with caramelised onions and peppers.
Snacks: Strawberries, raspeberries, HexB2 (half) one fruit crunch rivita with a tiny bit of marshmallow fluff (we've run out *cry*) such a tiny amount + a tiny half tsp maple syrup over banana on the rivita = .5 syn, HexB2 (other half) alpen light, 2 squares of dairy milk with some weird filling (3)
Drinks: 3x Green Teas w/splenda, 1L squash, half a glass of water, lilt zero.

Syns: 4.5 (keeping 'em low this weekend)

________

Today had a slight suggestion that my period is starting! Oh joy! So Monday WI not looking good either... wasted month :( so nearly caved today to a huge bar of chocolate but luckily walked away after 2 squares! Haven't moved all day... apart from between bed and sofa. Am so exhausted from the 12 hour shoot followed by 3hrs sleep and straight to the airport for an 8 hour flight and then 2hr train home- think I'll be wiped out for a few more days!

x

Hey Soph, Glad you are back safely and a STS is great - espesh with plane bloat! Good luck for WI tomorrow :)
I KNOW how hard it is to stay positive when you are losing and gaining the same couple of pounds or STS but please don't think you have wasted a month. I know it's important to have targets and that it feels like everyday counts but think what might have happened to your weight if you hadn't been on plan for the last month? You really are doing well chick. And I noticed that you're off to Download in June, I'm off to V in August and would love to be able to wear different clothes and feel more comfortable in myself. We CAN do this and we WILL look awesome at our festivals :)
Pep talk over now lol

Thanks Summer :D love the pep talks on here.

Am totally * week now so tomorrow WI is obvs ruined! Oh well *sigh* hopefully my mid week WI on thurs will be better. Just want to hurry up and see a loss already, y'know? Feels like forever since I updated my ticker/stats!

Today (and yesterday) I've been so exhausted and literally just spent all day on the sofa/bed on my gameboy/laptop watching tv. I'm feeling quite depressed too, actually, the shoots were really emotionally stressful and flying 8hrs back after one with just 3 hours sleep really f*cked me up quite a lot. I feel depressed in the way that I'm bored and feeling uninspired but want to do things... but physically can't! I'm so damn exhausted! It really was the stressiest shoot week I've ever experienced. They called me up this morning asking my to go to Bahrain on Tues for another shoot but I really can't face it so rejected it even though it's better paid because last min :mad: dang. Oh well. Just need to get over this shoot and move on, but my energy levels are very, very low.

I'm really thinking (lol, still thinking) about joining the expensive gym across the road for a month. G said he'd pay for it (I really can't afford it) and he's very supportive, but I'm nervous I'll hate it and feel guilty for wasting loads of money. They have a big pool though and I recon at the very least I'll use that a lot! But the idea of being all wet and having to dry off might put me off- LOL I'm THAT lazy!? *****! But yeah, I think I'd be up for trying some of their classes too even though they don't have martial arts/boxing etc that I'm more interested in. But also the treadmill and such. Biggest Loser is inspiring me!

I really want to get back into writing and start a new novel too, but the whole blank page thing is so daunting it's scaring me off!

Jewellery shoot client from a couple of weeks ago has chosen 25 photos which means yay- decent commission for the edits! We didn't charge her for the shoot as she's a family friend, but we're charging per edit. She'd also like to do another shoot because she wasn't happy with how one of the outfits matched a necklace, which means potentially even more edits (but, argh, more shooting, just don't want to go near my camera for a while after last week lol)

This website has cheered me up though- full of quirky/awesome camera accessories/iphone cam bits etc and SO cute. OMG I want ALL OF IT! I told G to buy all my future birthday/xmas presents from there :p but shipping is so bloody expensive :mad: but anyway- have a look, so cute! The Photojojo Store! Whenever I go on there I add about $400 of stuff to my cart then have to sadly close it to make sure I don't impulsively buy it all :p

Green today:
______

B: Banana followed by diced potato and onions fried in olive oil (HexB1) with scrambled eggs. Not as nice as potato pancake, not sure why I just didn't make that :p had ketchup (2) also.
L: Pasta 'n' sauce - Macaroni cheese. Thought these were more syns so padded it out with extra pasta and used one between the two of us! But it's only 1 syn, lol, knob. Cooked carrots and courgette in with it and had 1/4 hexA of milk and 1/2 hexA cheese.
D: Plain oats so simple porridge (HexB2) with 1/2 HexA2 milk (180ml) and golden syrup (1)
Snacks: activia 0%, apple
Drinks: Lilt zero x2, squash, green tea

Syns: 3

______

Think I've done pretty well on the minimal syns front this weekend to make up for the extra ones while away (especially since my * week tendencies are very chocolate desiring this week!), will draw the line here though and start tomorrow as a fresh new week.

As for food while away, won't be able to list everything for the last two days but did have lots of Alpen Light's throughout the trip- probably about 4 a day but had porridge for breakfast too so means I had about 3 HexB's. I recon the day I flew back ended up pretty much a green day apart from the 50g of beef jerky I had on the flight (which would have been 3 syns in total on EE/Red but is 7 syns if green, which is a bit annoying) so would have been allowed most of those hexB's! Had a pasta dish on the flight, though also had a sandwich that they brought around before we landed- I didn't want to have it but was REALLY hungry! It was a weird sort of closed hot sandwich- looked like a pasty but was doughy-er. Probably loads of syns for that sort of bread and it had a chicken mayo sort of centre which goes against green too, grr. Oh well. Anyway- considering my breakfast was syn free (instant porridge with a banana chopped in) and I didn't go for a pre-flight meal like the girls did at the airport- think I wasn't too bad! And usually I stuff myself with chocolates/crisps on flights, but the beef jerky kept me pretty content really :p got home and nearly had pasta but ended up just having yoghurt and fruit - woop! I also drank about 3 green teas, two diet pepsi's and about 6 small cups of water throughout the flight- attempted to keep drinking as much as possible but the flight was packed unlike the empty one on the way there, so didn't have the air hostesses coming by with as many drinks.

The day before was a bit funny- we had the afternoon off, needed to head to shoot at 5pm but had been woken up around 12 (so really didn't get enough sleep which made things worse later) even got some pool time in and a light tan- ha! I ate two apples that were free at the pool (and stocked up on them in my bag- lol! They said take as many as I want and they were really nice dark red shiny ones- had two on the flight and one at the air port too!) We went for a quick lunch at a typical arabic sort of cafe. I ordered mixed grill meat skewers- figured 'grilled' was a decent bet, but it was pretty greasy considering. I also had these flatbread things- a bit like wraps but an amazing texture! So doughy and just awesome! And the humous was really good too. Ate probably equivalent to half a tub of it :| also the meal came with loads of chips! BUT GUESS WHAT!? I quickly dished them out to the girls and didn't eat even one!! :D feel awesome about that! I did have this sort of healthy pizza esque thing- not really pizza though, it was a hardish sort of bread, very thin, with almost a salsa like stuff on it- finely diced tomato, onion, herbs, so wasn't really that unhealthy. I was pretty full after though but was REALLY glad later- the girls were famished on the shoot and I wasn't! We didn't have time to eat (we weren't given food until 3am and then we just didn't have time to sit and eat it as the wedding stuff was very busy at that point) so I was grateful I'd eaten well- the girls had halloumi wraps for lunch and it didn't keep them going like my food did me!

However, I went a bit insane after we wrapped at about 5am when we'd packed up and were about to leave- I was so tired and feeling kinda hysterical and just started eating all this chocolate and stuff that was left on the tables that weren't cleared yet :S I didn't eat much really but I just remember popping loads of things I didn't even want in my mouth just to calm myself down or something. I tried like 4 different chocolate things, one was a chocolate coated almond, another a bit like a fererro rocher and another rectangular chocolate with caramel in it, then I had a shot glass sized mushy desert thing and a couple of canipe's (they were bready but kinda ate inside the bread for the most part apart from a bite or two)- I also had a few canipe's through the night, a falafel one, a pizza like one and a couple of others I can't remember, but they were basically dinner so I don't feel too guilty. But yeah- the chocolates thing was a bit weird, I think I was in a really weird place and just didn't care anymore but needed something to boost my moral- didn't even enjoy them!

So yeah, that kinda covers what I ate while away! Just wanted to get it down to sort of review it all and actually think it was pretty decent choices. Obvs over the usual syns but hopefully this past couple of very low days will help that! Does give me hope for the Florida trip this summer. Though today on Biggest Loser they were showing a 'typical' salad in america at a restaurant being like 900cal! And on another ep they said the huge ceasar salad was like 1500!?!?!? FFS. But I guess I'll just be very finicky with my orders "this on the side, none of this, grilled- no oil, etc" as I just... really don't want to screw up and put on a stone like I easily could :S to be honest- I LOVED that humous and bread stuff, but for the most part I don't remember food from holidays, so it's just not worth the pain later! I'll have loads of junk out there but just... if I can keep two meals safe-ish ones a day, would be good!

Long post, soz guys ;) x

Sounds like a mad few days, can't say I blame you for turning down that Bahrain job. Stay positive about your food choices - in the past you'd have eaten very differently I'm sure. :)

Good luck with the WI! Hopefully you will have a nice surprise. :)

I love going to the gym now. Not easy getting the motivation to start going again but it's worth it. I feel great now after going this morning. The biggest loser is definitely good motivation for going. If people who are bigger than me can work that hard at the gym, then I can do it too! Would be nice to have personal trainers like Bob and Jillian but it's way too expensive :( I'll just have to be my own personal trainer. Which season are you watching? I'm watching USA season 14 on youtube. Danni is such an inspiration. She's changed her body so much in the 11 weeks, and I'm not even on the finale yet.

-3lbs this morning WOOHOO! Despite *week even!!!
I mean, I would have preferred a -7 or something crazy to make up for the joke this month has been, but I'm psyched for thurs now as I'm back in the right direction again! I am sososo happy I made good choice while away as I really needed a loss after the past few horrible weeks. I now get my 2.5 award too!
Hoping that by thurs I'll see an even greater loss as *week bloating will be less, but... We'll see! This is a great start after all the bloody STS's. Yipee! I can change my stats for once!!

Gizmo- am watching series 9 (about a 1/4 through) and the end half of 11 (with BRet and Cara for the firdt time) as they are both playing on sky living tv (I think) and just finished another. I also caugjt one Australia's biggest loser.a few months ago which was awesome!! The people were so much nicer on it and it had an episode on every day- literally made my day to watch it every morning!

Back