Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

How did the re-weigh go? I've got my *fingers crossed* for you!

Haha, re-weigh showed the same as yesterday :p ah well, kinda expected as much!

Forgot to say that I saw Kick Ass 2!

Wasn't bad :D had heard such mixed reviews from friends hating it (and Cheeky loving it- so kinda expected I'd hate it too as we have such polar taste ;) LOL) but it was pretty good!
Nothing on the original though, in my opinion... We watched the original this week again before seeing part 2 and it is SO well written and just slick- the second one seemed a bit messy, trying to throw in lots of stuff that was unnecessary. I also think [spoiler alert, avert your eyes!], they killed off Jim Carey way too quickly and focused too much on The Motherf*cker - I found all of his humour parts way too forced and not that funny. I also thought they cut the main girl out too much, I love the kid! They also cut the first girlfriend out so bluntly and didn't go back to that at all, despite the first film being quite pivotal around the relationship, building of her character, yada yada.

Jane Goldman (Jonathan Ross's wife) wrote Kick Ass 1 (she also wrote X-men First class which I also loved and Stardust- both were really well written! Makes me want to see her recent film The Woman In Black which I thought looked gay but *shrug*!) anyway- she wrote Kick Ass so beautifully and they had a different writer for number 2 and I felt like it was kinda all over the place with lots of unnecessary stuff. It didn't put it to shame though (like my friend said- and the attempted rape scene really wasn't that bad at all :S no idea why she was so upset by it, the first film was full of inappropriate stuff too (the little girl playing with weapons and swearing, being shot in the chest by her father, crude jokes etc)

But yeah- standing on it's own I enjoyed it and will be interesting to see how Kick Ass 3 turns out :p which they've already confirmed I believe, though have said it will be the last one.
Did anyone else stay for the end of credits scene? We didn't :( we usually stay just in case (so many films have one- like the recent Wolverine film!) but apparently it showed
that the Motherf*cker hadn't died in the shark tank, just had his legs bitten off... So more of him in the next film I guess :p

Hey!
Was talking about Kick Ass 2 before and I think saying I LOVED it was a bit much lol. I think I'd heard such terrible, terrible things that I expected it to be truly awful and was surprised that it wasn't. So I think that's why I may have gone over the top. Thinking back, I did really like it, but do agree it's nothing on the original. I feel a 3rd may ruin it tho. I dunno.... Didn't stay for the end of credit scene, but I didn't really think they'd kill him off. I do like that kid!
Not sure about another tho....

Will be really interested to see what you think of the Way Way Back as I really did LOVE that ;) Saw it this evening. I love all Steve Carell's stuff though, so I am a bit biased. But thought it was an excellent film. Will hopefully get to see it again next week with Mum. We're all big Steve fans in our house ;)

Not surprised your yogurt, splenda, and jam stopped the sweet cravings lol. Glad it helped tho! I haven't felt too hungry today, thankfully! And avoided some temptations. Feel quite proud of myself considering recent food naughtiness! :eek:

Totally agree Cheeky- it exceeded expectations and I did like it but after wathing Kick Ass 1 the day before it really didnt compare- I loved Cage in that and his relationship with his daughter really made it! Hey focused on a few core characters and made them all awesome- too many characters in number 2, messy. I bet they'll butcher he 3rd too :p
Well done for avoiding temptations :D good girl. Sugar craving thankfully has past.

Hey EmmaB :) am ok, justcame down with a mega cold though (glands are up and everything aches like hell from shooting yesterday! Tissues everywhere, full of green :/ yum) saw a friend after shooting this art/acrobatics event yesterday and felt so rough that I didnt go with her to meet other friends in Camden like planned. Throat and head killing me, lenses bothering my eyes, sore lips, massively dehydrated as only had 1L of squash while filming for 6hrs which is a work out for me!
Will be using all my syns on honey in my lemon green teas today as.it is the only thing that soothes my throat. Havent been ill in ages, forgot how draining a cold is.

Luckily I've got this big editing project to get on with now so am going to get stuck in and do as much today as possible rather than drag it out (usually start hating it pretty fast lol)
Have been craving social stuff recently as have been indoors doing very little each day for over a week, have two meet ups planned next week with friends so hopefully am feeling up to that. Feel a chesty cough brewing though... Hurts a lot when I sneeze. Grr.
Had slept like crap recently though but last night took some nytol and woke up feeling refreshed! Cat and builders have kept waking me up this week but they both took the day off today :p

Mid week (@ the start of the week) WI yest had me down about 1.5, am at 15st5 now and just 1lb off my 5st award!
Was glad to see some movement in a mid week WI as the past proper WI's have sucked!
Went for an all you can eat (freshly prepared to your order) sushi/japanese restaurant yesterday- ate TONNES! We ordered too much and wasting food meant a £5 fine so we were scared to leave too much LOL damn! Eyes bigger than bellies! It was soooo good though. Had about ten pieces of sushi and a bit of chicken teriyaki, chicken katsu (tiny portiond shared, ptobably mega synful though as katsu os breadcrumbed and fried!) some tempura, miso soup, noodles, ramen, rice- omg! Anyway, was just tasters of everything really but so yummy! Was so stuffed that I kept dinner very light, some fruit and wheatabix. Will do a low syn red day today with extra veg (success epress style maybe) to make up for it! Got loads of fruit and veg and salad from the market yesterday, so cheap!
Had a green day the day before yest, made tomato rice (fried the rice in hexB extra virgin olive oil before adding tomato puré etc and boiling it, added cheese after and was soo nice!) it really filled me up and I didnt have dinner! Red days just dont keep the hunger at bay like rice does...

Hello Sophie,

I have read your diary with great gusto and have to congratulate you on your progress so far.......flipping well done......I really enjoy films too but less hollywood blockbuster more World Cinema but I don't do boring or earnest foreign language films.....I love Pedro Almodovar and French romantic comedies...and if I have a spare 3 hours I love old Bollywood......

Hey Soph, that all you can eat sushi place sounded fab! I've never had proper sushi, only the packet stuff from M&S :rolleyes: Wish they had places like that up North, the closest we've got is Yo! Shushi, which I've heard is pretty expensive and not an all you can eat.

Good news on the 1.5lbs so far this week, looks like you're in for a decent loss by the time it gets to weigh day! After my 0.5lb loss this week I know how annoying it can be when the scales dont do what we want them to! Would be amazing if you could get to your 5 stone! *fingers crosses*

I see you've been trying the red days , I really need to give them a go, they are meant to be the best for shifting weight fast or so I've heard. Xx

Hey Cakeordeath (awesome username!!) wish I was cool enough to lile world cinema but sadly I cant focus on films enough to read subtitles! I am such a fidget that I have to be fiddling with something or on my laptop while watching films, unless it is at the cinema (where instead I fidget by constantly eating! Luckily there is a great fruit market stand close by so I get grapes and such!)
I do love Amelie though, he most mainstream French film ever ;) hehe.
Thanks for the nice words!

Cheesey- I have mainly been doing Red since about May as after about 3st loss I hit a plateaux and basically only lose now if I am carb free! I lost a stone in a month doing ONLY red before my hol in July and since I got back have eased up a bit and done about half Red, half EE/Green as I want to be able to tighten the reigns closer to goal rather than letting my body get comfortable with Red only. Red is great for a boost though! Hard at first but am used to them now so is fairly easy :) crave rice a lot though!

Aww m&s sushi just isnt as good as fresh as he rice is all cold and hard- fresh it is moist and sooo nice!
Summer- the place I went to was Sushi Japan this tiny place in North Finchley (greater north London), it was £16 each, not cheap but we definitely got our money's worth!
There is an amazing japanese restaurant called Misato in china town (it is bang between Leicester sq and Picadilly circus, just off the main road) - they do AWESOME hot food, so cheap and fast, £6.50 for a huge dish of sticky rice and chicken katsu teriyaki- amazing! Every hot dish there is fried though sadly :( no grilled options. I tend to go.and get a side of sticky rice and a side of teriyaki sauce (sooo good!) which is.like £1,50 and is like a full meal lol! And then I get some sushi on the side ^^ I love salmon nigiri though which is always the most expensive sushi anywhere!
At the all you can eat place I tried various Nigiri: eel, squid and octopus. Not for me! Eel was particularly gross! :eek:

Today went out with friend and had some frozen yoghurt (fat free but not sugar free so only had a tiny bit) with some toppings, then had some pulled pork (a side order so fairly small) and a side salad at a diner for dinner, so kept it Red but used probably all of my syns. Had a tiny lunch though, just stir fried veg! Beansprouts, asparagus and sugar snap peas. So some treats today but in really small meals. Will have some wheatabix later too ;)

Sounds like your doing really well at the minute my lovely!
I don't like fish, so I mostly don't like sushi. I did find hoisin duck sushi in the tescos by work tho, and liked the California duck rolls.
i think proper sushi would be wasted on me. Lol.
I've been fancying frozen yoghurt lately, I'm glad you've reminded me it will be full of sugar, or I could have scoffed loads!
Xx

Well they said the frozen yoghurt (fat free but not sugar free) was 110 cal/100g- I had about 50g as just a taster as wasnt sure the syns of it (wasnt particularly nice anyway actually, had a lemon taste which didnt go with the toffee sauce!) and when compared to my nat FF yog at home which is 46cal/100g means I guess that it would have been about 3 syns per 100g of the frozen yog, whih is half a cup, so not too bad!
The place was strange though- you could put ANY flavours of.yoghurt and pull it yourself from thr machine so as much as you wanted with ANY toppings (there wad like a pic and mix stand of sweets and fruit and nuts and sauces and brownies and om nom nom!) and they charged by weight! My friend went mad and put so much stuff in and it ended up at the max charge of about £6.90 :| she left over half of it, it looked gross- covered in marshmallows and too much sauce. Mine was just a tiny taster and came to £2.15 or so... Not as tasty as Snog ones! Cant remember the name of the place, something weird.

I know I'm bad but I did a massive poop first thing (TMI sorry LOL) and so had to WI after as that never happens :p another pound off so I have hit my 5st award!! Woooo!! :D:D:D:D:eek:

Was just thinking this morning about how when I started the thought of losing 7st was SO daunting, but the time has flown by and I really don't feel like it has been a struggle, it is surreal to think I have lost 25% of my body weight! I havent been to classes so just wanted to say a massive thank you to you guys for your support and motivation, minimins has been VITAL for me to stay on track with the support from people on my diary and I am really grateful for each of you who stops by here :')

Will do my official WI tomorrow and then next week am just going to do the two (think I am a bit obsessed at thr mo after the slow weeks, have had like 4 WI's! *gulp* naughty!) and tomorrow will probably have gained as I will have more in my tummy lol!
I am going to finally do a detox low syn red day and then tomorrow will relax and have a green day or EE. :)

I know I'm bad but I did a massive poop first thing (TMI sorry LOL) and so had to WI after as that never happens :p another pound off so I have hit my 5st award!! Woooo!! :D:D:D:D:eek:
:talk017::talk017::talk017:

YEYYYYYY!!! I'm so happy for you! You must be feeling fabulous!! 5 stone is an amazing loss, especially in just 10 months!! Hopefully you're feeling a bit more positive about things now. The weeks when the scale hardly moves are so rubbish!

Only 2 stone left to go 'till target! xx

Thanks Cakeordeath- that's such a sweet thing to say :D

And thanks Cheese Theif! Wooo! :D am so relieved as this week 2.5lbs off is so much better than the past month, relieved! I know the next couple of stone will be slower than the first bulk but as long as I can be patient I know I'll get there... Probably will obsess continuously but still :p

Had a bad tummy this morn :/ hopped on the wii fit for my OFFICIAL WI and bloody -2 more! LOL! Though it put me at 15 stone 3 so must have been more like -1.5
Still- that's 4lbs/4.5lbs off this week in total! YES!! Finally a good loss!
Wish the wii showed half pounds etc.
Can almost taste the 14st range now- exciting!!

Some cinema reviews to come in a bit when I get home. ;) x

OMG you're like a weight loss super star this week - 4lbs is fab! :D Bet it's good to see those scales moving down so fast again. I'm hoping for a decent loss next week too, starting to feel a difference in my body and clothes now so something must be working!

Looking forward to reading the film reviews. I went to see Elysium tonight but wasn't impressed, have you seen it yet?

G saw Elysium and said it was good, personally I can't stand Matt Damon so have no plans to see it.

Saw the recording of the Royal Opera House Alice In Wonderland ballet which was really good! Then saw Mortal Instruments: City of Bones which was an AWFUL feat of writing, acting and directing but entertaining anyway :p (rant to come) and then saw We're The Millers which was SO GOOD! Had really low expectations but it was hilarious!! Will review in more detail at some point but am typing from phone and my thumbs will die if I try :p

Felt a bit bummed today when I tried a size 16 dress in a charity shop and couldnt do the zip up, grr. I know sizes massively differ but in Hennies.some 16's were a squeeze too which was annoying. Part of me feels annoyed that this time last year I could squeeze into some 18 dresses but 5st less I am squeezing into just a size smaller? Hmm. Hoping as I have lost the bulk of weight now the next couple of stone will drop me a size each!
However DID notice that my long leggings from last xmas were baggy at the thighs/tummy/crotch area! Bum must have shrunk (G says it has a lot!) so that was cool!

Friend bailed on me today (and another did yesterday!) but kinda glad as G and I had a really nice time watching films- 7hrs of cinema! We had gaps in between which helped pace it too. Snacked a lot through the first half of each film- grapes, strawberries, lots of fluids and a box of chicken tikka bits from Morissons. Had a tiny breakfast though as was in a rush- just an activia and some blueberries, and lunch was a subway salad (never fills me up long) then dinner had a quick.chinese :D I just had Sweet and sour chicken Hong Kong style- no rice/noodles so kept it a Red day which I feel good about! Also as it was a smaller portion and no carbs I didnt feel horrifically full/bloated after- nice!

Def happy with the -4.5lbs, excited as HELL to break into the 14st range soon :D bring it!

Fingers crossed for you Cheese thief! So hard not to get down after slow weeks but it always picks up again :rolleyes:

Well done girl! Sounds like you are doing fabulously well. I really wouldn't be to disheartened about the dress, as you said sizes differ massively not only from store to store but from one garment to another!! I bought a size 12 dress the other day which fit well yet I'm still wearing some of the 16s from my wardrobe! Wouldn't it be nice if there was some consistency?

I haven't been to the cinema in ages! Don't seem to find the time lately. I've had a few ppl recommend we are the millers, might see if I can go watch it soon.

Back