Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

I'm off to see Anchorman 2 tomorrow so will let you know what I think, loved the first one like you so fingers crossed. I can see why 2hrs might be a bit much though.

I'm the same when it comes to finding it harder to resist stuff once I've been off plan. It's a like a slippery slope, things I could easily say no to become that little bit harder after a few days off. I reckon after I've faced up to the pretty much inevitable xmas gain on Tue that it'll help me focus more. Feel a bit in limbo at the moment as I know WI will be crap and I just want to put it behind me now! Good luck tomorrow at WI, hope its not too bad, but doesn't sound like you've gone overboard so fingers crossed for ya! xx

I feel exactly the same!
Once it's been two weeks of letting yourself have the odd treat suddenly it becomes harder to say no. I remember the first two weeks of SW being hard like that and then it was out of my system and easier to be good- that happened after my holiday in the summer too so I think that migt be the case for me now also. A week of hings being a bit tricky to readjust! Just have to get the yummy SW meals rolling...

I hope you like Anchorman 2! I guess it was just too slow for me, the friend I saw it with loved it though!

Post xmas WI today was +2lbs, PHEW! I think anything higher would have upset me but I am totally fine with a +2! Especially as.I needded a poop last night but it didnt happen :p

On plan red day today then whatever ends up happening on NYE, then I'm on plan until my first Dubai trip/shoot around the 9th.
Am going to try and have soup for lunch today, it's sitting in the fridge ready! I'm already wanting a chinese though :( lol!

Hey hun, sorry I haven't popped in lately, been in a bit of a self indulging mizog phase! Hope you had a fab time in Paris, will have to scroll back through and have a looksie. 2lb over xmas? Is that all? Sooooo jealous, I am avoiding the scales completely right now :eek:

Hubby bought me despicable me 2 for xmas but I hadn't seen the first one so I bought that on Friday and we watched them this weekend! I wish I had more time for watching films and reading, both are great ways to chill out :cool:

Ooooh, just noticed Dubai, how fab! Wonder what the temp will be, high 20s?

Hey hun, didn't go to see Anchorman 2 in the end due to family crisis. Will be seeing it at some point over the next week though so I'll let you know what I think.

Been doing a bit better today with the picking at things, only sneaked the one chocolate which is a slight improvement! Just can't wait 'til Chris has eaten all the stuff in the house now so it's not laying around to tempt me!

+2 is great, you'll get that off in no time! Bet that was a relief after some of the horror stories we've read on here. I've seen someone with a +10, if that happens tomorrow I'll actually die! And OMG I didn't know you were off to Dubai, how fab! How long are you going for? I've never been but it looks amazing. One of my friends is an air hostess for Emirates and lives there, sooo jealous, expect when they get the massive sand storms which look completely insane!

Hey guys!

Jody- am chuffed with the +2 really. Miraculously I.managed a -5 the week before when I got back from a week of naughties in Paris :eek: so not bad at all! I havent seem.the Despicable Me films but really really want to, I love Steve Carrel!! Will look out for them.

CT- family crisis?! Oh no!
I go to Dubai quite a bit for filming work, usually just 2 days at a time (Emirates is an awesome airline btw!! So much better than some of the other airlines we fly by on occasion!)
I get one day off out there when I fly out for the shoot on the 10th bug usually it is just fly, land/sleep, shoot, sleep, fly :(

I waxed my legs yesterday especially as I am going out there 3 times in the next month and have an MRI in a few days so decided to dith the gorilla legs LOL. I have PCOS so they get INSANELY bad :p had been months! Poor G hahaha.
Nice and smooth now!

Yesterday in the morning I got almost hysterical about food, wanting chinese and sushi etc... Turns out I was just ravenous :p banana hadnt been enough for breakfast an hour before.so.I haf.an early lunch of spicy chicken/veg leftovers with salad and quark then called it a fast day amd only had an options hot choc for tea :D yippee! I so nearly ordered a chinese at NOON so am glad I turned that around lol!

G was out alllll day with his one friend from Spain so I had a great introverty day alone and felt much better about thigs with him when he got home. It is so obvious that almost all of our relationship issues are due to lack of ANY breathing time between us (it's unnatural to spend 24/7/365 with someone!!) and I am looking forward to the Dubai trips breaking up the tensions a bit too and planning some adventure travels together for late spring hopefully!

I have decided to make some sort of star chart for the new year; I love having mini goals to work towards for weight loss; updating stats and getting the stickers really keeps me motivated :D so I am going to have a sticker star chart with tasks like "30 mins exercise", "walk instead of bus", "1hr reading", "2hrs all screens turned off while at home", "edit and post a photo" and such to motivate me. I really want 2014 to be about toning up/getting fit for travels and reading more to expand my mind!

Happy NYE everyone!!
X

I share your love of Emirates! We've flown to Maldives via Dubai with them twice and I just could rave about them for hours!

I have suspected PCOS too and I would be a gorilla if it wasn't for Nair and a Razor. My beautician is currently on mat leave but she offered to 'sort me out' before we go to Thailand as she knows I am a bit embarassed about my patches but I know her so well and she doesn't care! I can't wait to be fuzz freeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

Love the sticker idea, we used to have charts like that at school and they are such a good way of recording things. Everyone always wants a star!

Happy new year anyway hun, nice to have 'met' you and hopefully we will all reach our goals together this year :party0048:

Thanks Bev! Happy new year to you too :)

Jody- Emirates are so great! I always steal the free little bottles of booze they give out hehe, great for measuring syns actually as I just bring x amount of those when going to a friend's and know my allowance.
Yeah the PCOS fuzz is so annoying! In awkward places too! :/
I am looking forward to the star chart plan, have to find some time to put it together. I love stickers and task lists and being competative :p will be making G one too!

Had a fab NYE and feel really bonded with G now. Felt reallyclose today too, spent most of the day in bed recovering and watched 'The Santa Clause' while doing a jigsaw puzzle.
Didnt eat musch yest but obvs went over syns :rolleyes:

Food was good today, EE day:
______

Brunch: scrambled eggs with hexA cheese, 2 low fat sausages (3 syns), baked beans and fried onions anzd.ketchup (1)

Dinner: teriyaki chicken (5 syns for sauce and hexB for added oil) with peppers and rice noodles (so yummy!)

Snacks: mini Crunchie bar (not sure syns, probably 5?), some chocolate coated honeycomb nibbles (4)

16 syns
______

Mid week.WI tomorrow, hoping the fast day helped me shed the xmas +2 but we'll see!

Meeting a friend tomorrow then sales shopping and Winter Wonderland. Am planning to get some take away sushi from Wasabi (loooove that place!!) so another EE day.

Last edited:
-2lbs for mid week WI so have lost the xmas gain already and am back in the 13's :D yay! 13st13 to start the new year.
Sushi for me later :D yippeeeee!

Such a nice New years for you then! Sushi too, you're starting the year on a high! Well done!

Yay well done :)

I checked my weight today and I'm 1kg up which I'm quite chuffed with as I felt so bloated I thought I'd gained about half a stone! Hopefully it will shift quickly.

Wow your stats say just 9lb to lose - you must feel amazing!

Aww dead pleased for ya hun, now go and enjoy that sushi!

Thanks everyone! Wow :D so nice to have so many response on here.

Mrs Ginger - 1kg up isn't much at all, that'll be gone by next week! I am so chuffed to be nearing target, but I know as soon as I hit it I'll be lowering it further :D my new goal is a size 10, so maybe another stone after first target- we'll see!

Tasha- thanks hun! It was busy busy busy and hasn't stopped yet! But has been a really nice change after months stuck at my computer editing!

Sushi today was soooo good :D I had a box of sushi which included about 6 pieces of salmon sashimi, 4 pieces of inside out roll and two sticks of yakitori chicken; I also had a small box of rice and salmon dish thing (cold) which was delish! In the evening G and I went to Misato, our fave cheapo Japanese restaurant in China town, I had grilled teriyaki salmon and rice with extra teriyaki sauce. So thrilled to have found a mega tasty but fairly low syn dish there! Maybe 10 syns for the sauce or something but still WAY better than the deep fried/breaded katsu chicken options (last time I went the waitress said they had NOTHING that wasn't deep fried!!) I also spotted a grilled beef dish I might try next time :)
So quite a carby EE day, fairly high syn with lots of fooood but I probably burnt a lot of it off walking and shopping ;)
I went to the Oxford Street Topshop before meeting my friend- wow, the sales-- it was CRAZY in there! So busy and dizzying almost! I only had an hour 20 in there (that store is HUGE and has 3 floors!) but I came out with my first ever SIZE 12 top :D YAY! It is a sequin covered top and it fits perfectly (not stretchy!) can't believe it :D I actually tried on several size 12 things that were quite snug but fit!! They must have slightly large sizes in there ;) I got another size 12 top but it was stretchy fabric.
I also got a black dress which is shoulderless but has straps that go just beside the shoulder on the arm, fits me really well (14) and I think it's pretty hot ;) and some wacky tights for £1 and two rings that I saw last time and LOVED but were half price this time!! Bit of a treat, they WERE £18 but reduced to £9- decided to get both as I liked them so much! £9 each and still the most money I've ever spent on jewellery haha, so sparkly though!

I then rushed to meet my friend and we talked about our travel plans. 4 of the girls I went to film school with are interested in doing a month of travels in India so I met one of them today to talk plans. We're thinking of doing 2 or 2.5 weeks of a tour with a company called Intrepid around mid-north India, then getting a flight down to Goa for a few days of beach relaxing, then head up to Mumbai with my ex-flatmate who lives there who can show us around (once we've gotten into the swing of traveling from the tour beforehand). Exciting :D It kinda doesn't seem like it'll happen, we've been talking about October 2014 for nearly 2 years but no-one had really bothered looking into it.

After meeting her and lunch at Wasabi I headed back to Oxford street where I went to Miss Selfridges and squeezed into this really nice size 12 dress- it was floor length and had an irradescent sheen; the fabric was slinky and interesting, but it looked like an evening dress for a summer holiday or something- I really couldn't picture wearing it anywhere but in Portugal where I go and stay in my dad's Villa there. I decided, since it was £15, I would buy it in a size 10 with the aim to fit it by the summer :D if I could squeeze tightly into the size 12 NOW then I have the hopes that in 7 months the size 10 will fit properly. One can dream!!
After that I met G in HMV and we spent probably an hour in there. The Oxford street flagship branch is closing now and moving, so there was a massive sale on. As we don't have a local HMV anymore I finally got to stock up on my favourite films from last year including Stoker (blu ray for the beautiful sound design), Perks of Being a Wallflower, Hunger Games, Spring Breakers (guilty pleasure!) and in the 3 for £5 dvd clearance offer I got two workout dvds and a Family Guy Star Wars film. Yayyy!
Then G went to McDonalds to hang out with a milkshake and took all the bags while I spent 45 mins in the massive New Look- OMG! Everything was so cheap! Annoyingly I thought it closed at 10 but it actually closed at 9pm so I had an armful of hangers to try on when I was ushered out :( nooo! I decided to go with my gut and buy a few things I thought would fit/look good or that I could shrink into, and luckily I liked them all when I got home and tried them! I bought a really nice skirt for £6! It's got a really vibrant floral design and a nice flowyness to it- bit tight at the waist but should be comfortable in a month or so! I also got a pretty simple black dress to film in when in Dubai (black dress code) which fits perfectly, a size 12 red dress with black polka hearts which DOES zip up but is insanely tight at the chest so is another thing I can shrink into- but I love it! G said he loved it too :D
I got a casual patterned skater dress which also fits fine and then went to Next where I bought a small glittery handbag/purse for half price and a Alice-In-Wonderland esque headband.
En route to Misato I bought a few pairs of funky tights with polkadots and stuff that were half price and down to £5 each. I love tights at the moment- used to absolutely hate them because they always fell down but now that they fit better I really like how elegant they look.

So did pretty well today! Spent about £100 on 8 pieces of clothing, then another £50 or so on accessories/tights/jewellery. I'm excited to have things to shrink into a bit. Almost none of my old clothes fit anymore so I'm going to do a bit clear out soon- feel like I'm wearing a sack in most of them which is really unflattering! Glad I have some nice new stuff to wear and it should last me until the summer now. I might have to ban myself from clothes shopping again like I did this time last year :p

x

Oh wow, sounds like you've had such a good day shopping. You'll have to put some pics on of the new clothes, well done on the size 12 tops, must feel amazing to get into something that tiny!! You got LOADS for your money too, January clothes sales must be awesome! I say 'must be' because while I was reading your post I realised as an adult I've never been clothes shopping in the January sales! :eek: I always had the new year as the point I started the next dodgy diet, so in the end I never bothered as I figured I'd grow out of things too quick. Really looking forward to this time next year now when I can finally hit the sales and get some amazing stuff! :) After being big for so long it must have felt all the more sweeter too. Love how you left G in Maccys holding the bags! :D

Trip to India sounds AMAZING, really hope it happens for you. I've had similar things with my friends where we plan stuff and it never comes to anything, sooo annoying, but I guess life gets in the way sometimes. I've heard of Intrepid too, the tours they do look incredible, determined to go on the one they do to Vietnam once I've graduated. Just realised I even have it bookmarked, what a planning freak! http://www.intrepidtravel.com/vietnam/scenic-vietnam-70885 :rolleyes:

How's G reacted to you losing all this weight anyway? It's just about starting to get pretty obvious now as all my clothes are hanging off me. Chris seems amazed by it, it's really funny though 'cos he doesn't know my weight, so when I say I want to lose another 9 stone he actually thinks I'm joking! Little does he know! :D

Double post - oops!

Same for me this ist he first time I have ever shopped in January sales (or even most of these stores all together bar New Look for that matter!)
Part of me thinks "in 6 months this stuff will be loose..." but at the same time itis so important for me to have stuff I feel nice in now and as I really dont fit most of my clothes I am re-wearing the same 3 outfits over and over! So I decided to treat myself.

Really exciting to have things to shrink into! I bought one reduced item over the summer; a tiny non elasticated size 14 dress that I couldnt even get my shoulders into! I felt nervous then to buy something that soooo didnt fit (it was £8 though so not a huge loss if it never did ;)) but I just tried it and it fits now!! Unbelievable!
About a month ago G tried to help me get the zip up and it just wouldnt go- now it is perfect! Slightly tight on the bust (I have more back fat to lose) but feels like such an achievement that I am even more excited about the new clothes :) will give me that boost when I am feeling down about slow losses: I may not have lost for weeks before xmas but that sudden random 5lbs was the difference between the dress fitting and not! The difference between getting fully into size 14's.
I am psyched to go mental next year and buy loads in the January sales when I am at a fixed size!

Intrepid sound great! I really hope the trip happens! Have to get making some money though and stop wasting it on clothes :p

G is really happy for my weight loss, he gets excited with me and when I have a good loss he claps and cheers LOL! I didnt tell him my weight until I got out of the obese BMI as that gave me the confidence. I guess mainly because I wasnt sure I was in it for the long haul until then (4st loss). Felt such a relief and after that he'd get excited with me as a new stone range got close etc :)

My little sister is coming over tomorrow but I am determined to have a 100% on plan red day :) drinking lots on Sat night so need to get some good days in!!
G made a beautiful syn free bolognase today following my recipe- such a treat! He hasnt cooked in at least 6 months!!
X

Last edited:
Havent got time for a proper update but had a red day today; overate at lunch a bit :/ all free food though but still bad of me. Ate loads of chocolate too, probably more like 20 syns today, but to compensate I had a tiddly dinner (bowl of hexB cereal)
I also did about am hour of exercise today on the wii and weight lifting too! My sister introduced me to the game "just dance" which got me nice and hot pretty fast! In the evening I did the wii fit plus cycling for half an hour and simultaneously lifted weights.

Back