Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

The wii is awesome! Dont sell it :D get a wii fit board or the game Exerbeat- really fun exercise games on them!

I have/had a Wii but even in my new found fitness love, it just wasn't much good for me. I need to be in the gym or an exercise conducive environment and hated being on it at home with hubby huffing that he wanted the TV lol!

Your sales shopping saga did make me chuckle, sounds like you had a great time of it :D. I am not a big fan of shopping really but I did buy a few tops and skirts in Dorothy Perkins and I am down to a 16 now, woohoo. I got rid of lots of things last weekend when we started clearing out the flat so it only seemed fair to buy a few new bits.

India sounds interesting, someone I work with has recently come back after doing Goa and Mumbai and she really enjoyed it. It's not somewhere I think I will visit, it simply just doesn't appeal to me the way Cambodia/Thailand etc do but I am 100% certain it would be an experience to remember! Good work with the weight lifting, I now have abnormally large biceps......even hubby is getting scared *mwuhahaha*

Sounds like you're getting plenty of 'body magic' in, I really need to invest in a wii, they look fab! x

I'll look out for that Zumba wii game next time I'm in CEX! I really wish there was a wii dance game I could plug my own music into/it match the beat! Exerbeat music gets so repetative and if I play with my own music it is so off timing that it's hard to follow!

TravelJody- I'm the opposite! I get SO bored in the gym, not mentally stimulated enough. The Wii gives me something to engage in mentally so stops me getting bored :D at first I thought it would be meh but certain wii fit games (hula hoop, cycling, boxing) I can really feel my muscles getting a workout and I find them fun!
I do find the wii fit great for weighing in though as then I can't just hop on and check all the time (I bought a scale and for two days of it I was on and off about a dozen times! I took it back and just use the wii fit - it kinda gives me what I don't get from not going to group as it cheers a bit and I can set mini targets and it has a chart to display my weekly (bi weekly) losses and progress. I love it!
CT I think you'd love a Wii too! The Wii Fit Plus board and game is really great for getting some gentle but sweaty exercise in at home.

Well done on getting into a size 16 :D feels fab, doesn't it?! 16 means you can shop anywhere!!

I ended up going to ANOTHER sale- the New Look near me- OMG! I was in there 2 hours!! I'VE BECOME A SHOPAHOLIC! Poor G had to wait and hang out at WHSmiths and CEX! After 40 minutes I told him just to go home and I'd get the bus but he stayed and actually got me presents- 4 dvds :D including "I Love You Man" which I LOVE and it was just £1 second hand! Flawless quality/not a scratch in sight! So cool :D yay!
I bought another dress for Dubai (I have to shoot in black and be smart but it needs to be comfortable and cool or I get boiling from filming) and a REALLY nice sparkly dress which I think I look super slim in OMG :D I wore it last night and today too- my new fave outfit! Can't believe I nearly didn't buy it lol!! I can wear it in Dubai too as it is spaghetti strap and not too thick fabric. It was £13 reduced from @25. I also bought a fitted (though a bit tight so wont wear it just yet) blue dress which was a nice style- £5! Reduced from £45!!! WOOP!
I didn't take pics of either of those (dang!) but here are some other things I tried on to show progress:

Screen Shot 2014-01-05 at 23.35.08.png
^Size 12! My first ever in my whole life! Bought this one :D Top Shop. I don't have many tops to go with jeans as I only really own dresses so thought this would be a good start for when those size 14 jeans are a little less tight!

Screen Shot 2014-01-05 at 23.35.36.png
^Bought this one too and love how it fits my body :D
Arms still don't look great here but I swear they're looking better recently- I think the past week of exercises has already made a bit of a difference!!

Screen Shot 2014-01-05 at 23.35.59.png
^Didn't buy these but find it shocking how my ass is about half the size!! G and I were admiring it in the mirror earlier LOL I'm really glad that it hasn't gotten saggy or the skin loose.
I also noticed today that the cellulite on the back of my legs is TOTALLY gone :O WOW! There is a bit on the sides of my bum but that is much reduced too- I kinda didn't realise that would go- am so relieved :D

I bought a Tankini from New Look too (they didn't have any swimming costumes!) and didn't get to try it as the store was closing when I saw it; it fits great though! Top was a 34B (!!) am glad my tiny boobs haven't shrunk during weight loss, my bra size before though was about a 42B so that's quite a big difference! So hard to find that old size :/ big chest small boobs-- ugh! But now I feel like my boobs are more proportionate :D I'm actually not going to feel gross by the pool for the first time in forever (*sings Frozen song* hehe)

Feeling really good about my body today, am getting a bit vain :D haha. But yeah, it's so weird to see everything starting to look so good- every day I'm having NSV's!

Yesterday I didn't eat much- scrambled eggs for breaky then some cinema snacks (grapes, beef jerky, half a cookie) and then got home late from shops and friend was already waiting so didn't have tea- got WASTED! Had around 12 shots of vodka in total (about 50 syns) and had an absolute blast playing Exerbeat and Just Dance with my friends Dan and Eliza (and G!) while trashed- but then I ended up being sick which has never happened from booze before! Need to re-learn my limits now that I'm 2/3rds of the size I used to be.
Had a really really great time though, everyone was laughing and happy and drunk!

WI tomorrow but am expecting probably a gain as I'm really due on- have been having some cramps today and expect I'll have Aunt Flow appearing by the morning. On top of that I had that mega carbs day of sushi and teriyaki rice dish later too. We'll see!

I want to do a fast day soon, but am off to Dubai on the 9th for 2 days for work and will be a bit off plan out there. I just DIE for the hummus and bread they have there- it's so cheap too! I am going to allow a bit of that ;) and always on the plane I'm really naughty as I just go into 'stuff self/survival mode' by default on flights :/ so hard to switch that off! Will bring grapes and beef jerky as jerky takes ages to chew so the 1.5 syns lasts a while and feels fulfilling.

Food today was RED:
_____
B: Hangover fry up: 1 sausage (1.5), onions, peppers, 2 scrambled eggs (one yolk + HexA cheese), 1 piece bacon (fat removed), half a tin of baked beans (left some), ketchup (2)

L: Had one sausage (1.5) and some of the veg/beans left over from breakfast so had that inside a HexB Wholemeal roll with ketchup (1) and a big fruit box of tropical fruit that was reduced to clear and very yummy!

D: Was starving just two hours after lunch (another sign * week looms!) and made a quick stir fry with chicken, some bacon, onions, a courgette (grated), peppers, beansprouts and some sauce (10 syns for whole packet but only used half on two portions, picked at some later so probably had 1.5 portions so will saaay... 3.5 syns)

Snacks: three of these AMAZING kinder ball things (4.5 sooo damn synful for their size!), a whole tub of blueberries

Syns: 14
_____

Body magic today was 40 minutes of walking. Feel so good to not be getting the bus for short distances :D
I walked to my aunt's house for my cousin's 3rd bday but I got the date wrong- oops! Luckily my best friend lives like 3 mins from there and she happened to just be getting home! We chatted for a couple of hours and it was really nice to catch up :D then I walked home via the Co-op near-ish us and got loads of reduced food including two oven meals for G (one for tonight and one for tomorrow as the best before date was a day later!) and a treat eclair box (2 eclairs) for him as he's looking really slender recently- lost the moobs and has toned up a bit so that was a congratulative fattening up treat :D he hasn't put effort in to doing that really, was doing press ups for a while which must have helped but I think it's mainly been from eating what I give up (SW stuff!) he lost about 7lbs and it seemed to make quite the difference! Am happy that we're both looking good together! He was cursed with the 'skinny-fat' thing so you could see his moobs through his tops a bit. I want us to both work on ourselves so I'm going to do this exercise star chart so he can be motivated to do press ups again too (he only paused between Paris and now as we've been so damn busy and barely home!)
Ahem. So after that my friend was jogging in the area so came over for a chat, hadn't seen him in a year or so so that was cool too. Phew! So social, I'm pooped now!

So apart from the fun that was scrubbing vomit out of the carpet, feeling pretty good today! :) I really do love the new sparkly dress, felt so good in it and had a bit of a pamper session earlier including a mini sort of home facial and oiled myself with baby oil after a good exfoliate in the shower to help my skin stay moisturised and elasticated.

So far body magic this year looks like this:

Today: 40 mins walking
Yesterday: probably 2hrs of cardio! I hogged the wii when my friends were here and was prancing about a LOT!
3rd Jan: 1.5hrs wii fit (just dance with sister and Exerbeat on my own) with some weight lifting while I did the cycling on the wii fit and while watching a film earlier.
2nd Jan: Over an hour of walking and weight lifting carrying all of the clothes to try on in Top Shop ;D hahaha

Woohoo! Tomorrow will be a chill at home day- has been so long! Friend left his mp3 player yesterday so will pop around to pick it up and might hang out, we'll see. I need to figure out Dubai stuff and get back in touch with Natalia, the client from before xmas who didn't send me her details for the final adjustments of the video yet (just what text to add at the start!) really REALLY want to get that out of the way already. Will do some weight lifting while watching a film too probably :)

Fingers crossed for WI, expect a pre menstral gain but we'll see... Hope * week shows up already as I don't want it while I'm in Dubai!!
x

Attachments

• 20140102_145835.jpg
    20140102_145835.jpg
    641.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 20140102_154101.jpg
    20140102_154101.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 20140104_183700.jpg
    20140104_183700.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 92
What did your friend think of your transformation as you hadn't seen him for so long? I hope I get to have a skinny spree in the sales next year! Hubby did get me new trainers and keep fit kit yesterday which was nice! Hope dubai goes well xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ah my friend didnt say anything, he is very quiet and wouldnt really bring that up.

-1 on the scales today :O maybr I am not as due on as I thought! Damn, I hope it doesnt show up in Dubai. Happy tonhave a loss though! I expect it is more like half a pound as BMI only dropped by 0.05 and wii fit doesnt show fractions, but my chart says 13st 12lbs now so I'm taking that! Lowest weight yet :D

Funny day today... Red but lots of snacking and no proper meals :/
Throughout the day I ate:

A banana,
Picked at some leftover chicken from yesterday (2),
A big bunch of grapes,
A packet of tictacs (10 tictacs = 1 syn so maybe 2.5 syns?)
A few mint polos (1)
A punnet of strawberries and raspberries,
A cup of home made superfree soup,
3/4s of a packet of sliced chicken, making parcels with branstons pickle (4 syns worth), a bit of quark and some cheese (A1)
A small bowl of hexB1 cereal with HexA2 milk and 2 syns of golden syrup
A chewy delight (B2)
Some beansprouts fried with an egg and a level tsp of peanut butter (2? No idea)

13.5 syns est.

So meals were basically leftover chicken for breakfast, fruit and chicken slices with pickle for lunch and beansprouts/cereal for dinner. Weird! So noshy today :/ have had a lazy day watching films and playing video games. Dan popped over and the three of us played guitar hero for a while which was fun! First lazy day in over a minth but I felt quite antsy and bored really :/
I did do about 15 mins of weight lifting between rounds of guitar hero though (2 gutars so one person sat out of each round).
X

Great news on the pound down, not so good about * week not showing up yet. Bet you just want to get it out of the way now ready for your trip!

Food sounds random but also yummy, sometimes I love those snacky days and it sounds like you got lots of superfree in with your fruit x

Yeah, I really just want * week out of the way so I can swim and sunbathe without worrying about awkward spillages :/ also I get awful cramps and it would suck to be dealing with that on the flight and while shooting... I'm now hoping it holds off until after Dubai (only there for 3 nights) and actually callendar wise it's not due until next week, but I feel SO PMSy!

Today G and I went to check out this Japanese/Korean place in Finsbury park that our friend was raving on about; they have a set menu for two for £26 that had loads of different dishes- it was AMAZING!!!
Round 1 was grilled meat dumplings (I had two = around 6 syns) and small salad plates (I had G's too- was really yummy dressing!)
2nd thing was Sushi: we each had two pieces of nigiri and 4 pieces of maki roll (rice on the outside with crab, salmon, cucumber and avocado inside)
Then came these AMAZING noodles- they were see through! So chewy and interesting- called Japchae noodles. I want more of these!! Came with lots of veg and some beef.
Then was 4 pieces of king prawn tempura with a really yummy sweet dip- best prawn tempura I've ever had :D I usually prefer the veg stuff but they were so meaty!
Finally came a rice dish with raw beef strips which arrived in a hot stone plate that as you stirred it cooked the beef :D
So delicious! And yeah, some naughty bits like tempura and dumplings but actually the noodles and rice dish weren't very oily and I bet it wasn't too bad calories wise. Got my superfree in at the start with the salad and the rice/noodles were veg packed dishes. I WANT MOREEE :D hehe
Not sure the syns but I'm sure that quite easily adds up to my 15 for the day :rolleyes: probably more like 20! Will have a light dinner.

After that went shopping for a bit while G saw a film, intended to see American Hustle with him after but I just started crashing energy wise so decided to pass in the end. Was so wiped!
It's 7.30pm now and I'm ready for bed to be honest and might just go :| Dubai is 4 hours ahead anyway and on the 9th I have to be up at 4.45am to get to the airport so probably for the better if I do! What do you wanna bet I won't end up getting to bed until 2am again? LOL :p probably will read and then who knows, but these early nights never really happen lol!
Feeling the post xmas blues today and yest- bit late but have been so busy that it kept me going!
Dreading Dubai trip but simultaneously looking forward to getting away a bit, even if just a couple of days and working for 12hrs of one of them!
x

Thanks Summer! Desperately hope it waits until Monday now!

All packed. Nearly had a fasting ish day today and did quite a bit of exercise- sort of made up yoga combined with weights, arms and legs exercises. Ended up really hungry after that so ate a bowl of hexy cereal and a yoghurt so probably just under 1000 cal for the day, nowhere near a fast day lol!

Have to be up at 5am so off to bed soon. Last night got to bed at midnight but alarm woke me up at 11am and I seriously didnt want to get up- after 11hrs sleep!!

Dreading Dubai now, had a talk with the boss of the company and seems like I have a lot more responsibilities than normal as the 2nd shooter is a newbie, dang! So it's all on my neck if we screw up :/
Anyway, off to bed now. Have packed some instant porridge pots for the hotel room but sadly am low on alpen bars so will be relying on beef jerky and grapes for the flight! I get serious flight munchies!

Free wifi there so will try to do food updates to keep on track. Will do a quick mid week WI in the morning but as it is 10hrs different from usual WI time might mess the result around a bit.
X

Hope you have a lovely time in Dubai and its not too stressful for you. Sucks about your extra responsibilities but try not to doubt yourself, you're an amazing photographer so I know you'll do a great job.

GL for WI and have a safe flight! x

Thanks guys! 6.30am amd am on the roaddd.

I was so stressed I pretty much didnt sleep :/ went to bed at 9pm and at midnight was still awake thinking "crap have to be up in 5HRS!!"
Got to sleep around 12.30 and then G sprung up at 2.30am to put the drio bucket in place downstairs as it was raining heavily- then another hour+ of tossing and turning! Am bloody glad I got 11hrs sleep the night before but I swear it was easier to wake up this morning, sort of flew out of bed lol! Adrenalin...

There is a yo sushi at gatwick airport so I might treat myself to a take away box for brunch hehe :p to get over the trauma of last night's sleep!

Oh an mid week WI showed another slight decrease (after that naughty big jap/korean meal, phew!) but no number change on graph so probably the other half pound to the last graph dip on Mon. Kinda expected a gain so am going to assume *week is going to hold out as usually I'd have a small + by now!

Not sure if pic will upload but am boarded on the flight now and there is about a foot of slack on my belt- when I flew with Emirates this time last year there was 0 slack! :D

Hi, well done for being so close to your goal now! I epically failed with SW which is why i've not been on for months. Now just trying eating better and going to a personal trainer. Got bored of SW.

Oh and I flew with emirates in Oct and had seatbelt on as loose as it would go. Didn't need an extender but I would have been nicer to have it a bit looser as it was tight!

(sorry for all the typos in advance- ipad!)

Hey Gizmo! Definitely good to shake things up when it gets boring. I am approaching SW in different ways these days and a bit more relaxed. I love emirates- sucha. Good airline! Will you be on here more often/updating your diary?

Tasks- thanks! Tomorrow I'll have whatever they feed at the wedding we are shooting at (quite often a huge awesome buffet of traditional Arabic foods!) but Saturday I plan on some serious hummus ;)

Flight was good, watched three films: The Heat (funny! Both actors drive me mad though!), an old Winona Ryder film called Reality Bites (she is SUCH a beauty in that- wow!) and Jobs (A film about Steve Jobs starring Ashton kitchen which was interesting)
I ate loooads of sushi :D yo sushi did this bowl of like broken up bits of sushi all shoved in one meddly (the reject bits that hadn't been cut well I am guessing) and it was only£1.50!!! Also had a few normal bits. On top of that I had the flight lunch (chicken and rice with a curry sauce),the desert (small sticky toffee pudding) then later one finger bite earnie (literally finger sized!) and a small scone with jam and clotted cream (couldn't resist from memories of that cream on Emirates flights!) then tucked into some chicken slices I had brought with as they were going off and a whole bunch of grapes AND a pack of beef jerk! PIGGY!
I got hungry when we arrived at the hotel too- lol! Had some yoghurt (ff and added honey to it) and grapes from a supermarket and a chewy delight. Nearly went for hummus and bread after all that but feel so guilty looking at it that I'm glad I resisted!!

I got a room to myself (treat!) and breakfast is included for once so am getting up at 9.45am (5.45am uk) for that then will hopefully get some pool time before leaving for shoot at 1pm - 1am.
Midnight here now so time for an early night to hopefully catch up on what I missed last night!
X

Back