Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

Wow mate! Bahrain sounds amazing :D Shame about the crappy flight tho :(

I'm so excited for you and your adventure tho!! But sounds like you're going to be mental busy from now. Don't envy that :( But once work trip is out of the way and you're actually travelling it'll be amazing and more than worth it :) xx

Heyy hunny, welcome back! Glad you had such a fabby time, the pics on FB looked awesome! Can't believe you're off for your trip to Asia so soon, you must be soooo excited. Hope you have a fantastic time, make the most of every second, it sounds like the adventure of a lifetime! :)

Will definitely be stalking you on FB all the way across Asia, remember to post loads of piccys xxxx

Wow! So much news! Your pics on IG of Bahrain were stunning, pleased you had such a good time. THe wedding sounds amazing! Exciting news about your Asia trip, enjoy chick! X

Thanks all!! I really got the travel bug re-vamped in Bahrain while exploring the traditional souq there- SO different to the glossy Dubai ones! It was really grimey but the vibe was SO friendly- everyone was happy to chat/be photographed/have their produce photographed and it didnt feel at all scary despite it being the sort of place you'd expect to cling to your wallet at- really interesting! Enjoyed photographing it a lot and hope I can find time to start the travel blog with an entry on it!

I am buzzing for this trip but at the same time feel so run down from that flight (missing a night of sleep on top of two very reduced nights of sleep and a busy 10hr shoot day) and have a shitty cold now too grr, really want to just chill and revive for a day but need to press on! Got some stuff done today though, went through all my clothes and realised despite shopping already for this trip I am pretty screwed for sweaty weather clothes!
Anyway, food was naughty today at big family lunch (uncle cooked so kinda had to go with it! Didnt neeeed to go with the two portions of Eton mess though :p) am going to try and do an on plan day tomorrow!! Probably EE as will be in town and will get another jacket spud with beans.
X

Last edited:
Aww have yourself an early night Hun, sounds like you need it! I don't know if it's psychological with the clocks going forward but I'm feeling pretty tired the last couple of days, havnt had any sleep skipped like you though so you must feel exhausted!

Looks like you'll have to get yourself shopping for sweaty clothes then! That's the only downside of losing weight, no clothes left lol primark and other high street cheapos is always handy though!

2 rounds of Eton mess lol sounds yummy! X

Indeed the downside of weight loss- though while chucking old stuff I now realise how awful what I wore was! I just went for whatever fit and didn't show off rolls... Some really ugly stuff! I've definitely become waaay more fussy with clothes :p
Sadly Primarni only stock really cheap nylon/poly fabric crap this time of year that just promotes more sweating! I had a good look there twice but as it's not hot enough here for anyone to mind, it's all still thick/sticky fabrics. I did however do OK in H&M and got some great 3/4 lengths in BHS for a tenner! I got some pretty skirts from New Look too, feel much better about the clothing situation after today! Got lots of errands done too.

Food wasn't as on track as I'd have wanted- we havent had time to get fresh stuff in and since I'm off again on Fri and with 1.5 days at mums, seems pointless to really. I'm trying to use up the low cal freezer meals I bought for fast days that are in the freezer... Had the WW/Heinz Chicken Tikka tonight, wasn't impressed but my blocked nose kinda kills most flavour! Lunch was the big jacket potato with baked beans, cheese and a side of some itallian chicken and salad. So filling but was starving come dinner time! Also had a mr whippy while shopping :p 8 syns I think? Didn't have a cone. Quite a bit of fruit today too so calories probably aren't great. I haven't got time to focus on food right now so just have to get to grips with it- I wont be losing anything before I go and there's no point stressing trying to do lots of fast days (I can only do them when I have nothing else to do or I get hysterical lol!)

Here's some pics of Bahrain for those I don't have on IG/FB!

1972547_10153908512130618_1489006264_n.jpg
10154407_10153906952845618_1026547064_n.jpg
1511018_10152284634850211_797582598_n.jpg
10014651_10152284645730211_237434833_n.jpg
10006983_10153902840015618_1395967337_n.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-03-31 at 23.06.25.png
Screen Shot 2014-03-31 at 23.05.56.png
1509293_10153902839085618_1514595379_n.jpg
1173640_10153900528740618_1072221759_n.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-03-31 at 23.04.49.png

I'm sure you can pick up clothing bits as you go along while there though ? Probably much cheaper than here! Never mind about the food, you seem like you're pretty good at choosing healthy options and I bet it's full of healthy food where you're going anyway x

Yeah def want to get some shopping in in Hong kong and Bangkok!

Just begrudgingly weighed in- I was AWFUL in Bahrain and am a snotty mess so really expected a huge gain- but I lost 4lbs!!! I am now just 3lbs up from my lightest again :D 13st 9 (13st 6 is 'ideal BMI' territory) PHEW!! I was really feeling a bit hopeless about weight loss, always nice when our bodies throw an unexpected loss in, eh?!

Yesterday was off plan but fairly low cal- pretty much just hex's, free and superfree lol:
____

B: bowl of wheat puffs (hexb1+2 + hexa1), golden syrup, plum, banana, activia 0
L: pear, light cheese with matzo cracker (part hexa2+ hexB3)
D: oats so simple pouch (100cal/ hexB4! + part a2 for koko milk)
___

Spent the day packing and waxing, today we drop the cats to mum (6hr round trip!) then tomorrow is my last full day in the UK! Flying to Saudi on Fri afternoon!

This WI has definitely given me incentive to be good in Saudi :D could drop a couple of pounds before I fly on Tues... Y'never know! Though wi straight after a flight is bound to suck :p
Hope all are well, sorry I've not been on your diaries :'( daunting to do list... No accomodation booked/decided for anywhere yet!! X

Well done on your surprise loss! Its always a bonus eh? Sometimes I think we have this thing in our minds where we think we have eaten more than we actually have - and also not taking into consideration our mindless calorie burning - so many things burn energy (cals), even things like sweating and being up for longer than we are used to... all these things could counter balance the naughty nibbles!

Yeah, surprise losses are awesome!! It really couldnt have come at a better time either; I had in mind that I was looking at an extra 4lbs UP and that I'd be nearly a stone out of ideal- I had been half arsed with plan this week thinking there wasnt much point being strict and getting back into it for just a week :rolleyes: but yeah, this week i have been trying to find a non SW balance to prepare for being off plan for months!

I think also since starting the pill that might alter my body's usual pattern of water weight- I didnt get a post *week loss as expected but got it a couple of weeks later instead it seems. I'll be breaking from 5HTP come Friday (or maybe tomorrow), so flight munchies will be AWFUL :rolleyes: but I'll try not to take too much chocolate with me :p I tend to cave and buy snacks at the airport when I start to panic about cravings! I think "this isnt too bad a treat..." but add it to the plane desserts etc and it adds up fast! :p
Today meals were on plan and treats were shared and probably within syns- had about 2/5ths of a cornetto (85cal ish), half a pack of crisps because my throat was sore on the drive home (75cal) half a kinder egg (60cal) and a 120cal cereal bar- so that is about 17 syns (but under hex'd and was at mums so glad I at least had healthy meals!)

Tomorrow is my last FULL day in the UK- ahh!

Eeek you must be so excited! I've been a bit absent on here but i'll be following you on fb/ig. It must be strange going away for so long (diet wise I mean)... best of luck for your travels, enjoy xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Woop! Awesome loss! I love the unexpected ones, just what you needed too to give you a nice little boost before your trip. Enjoy your last UK day, although with all this aor pollution around I bet you can't wait to escape! Xx

Hi Soph

I am assuming you have gone on your hols - I hope you have a wonderful time, take lots of pics (I know you will anyway!) and be safe.

x

I missss youuuuu! Bet you're having an amazing time though, the pics on FB look amazing xxx

Hey guys! Have been so busy that I havent had the chance to look through all the photos yet even- have only posted a few phone ones as they are much easier to go through hehe!

First week was really tough. I was KNACKERED from the Saudi shoot and we flew to Japan the next day, it was so non-stop (think I slept like 8hrs over the space of 4 days or something ridiculous) and 3 days in I had a stomach bug that totally wiped me out- JUST as my period hit, and that same day we found out our precious ginger cat Little One (aka Lil' Juan) had mysteriously passed away at home in mum's care :'( no signs as to why, vets had no idea. Utterly devastated. He was our baby :( we cried a lot but I think going home will be really awful without him there, it'll hit properly. He was only 3 :( that's two cats we've lost in 18 months :'(

So I was vomitting and crying and exhausted and had to travel about as we had different accomodation booked, so that first week was really rough. G got the stomach bug too (it was just a morning of vomitting for me but 3 days of it for him :/...) and we were physically really drained from it too.

It has gotten better though and this week we had some really awesome days :D we went to this Onsen town where we bathed in natural outdooe hot springs under the stars, then visited a monkey park there where wild macaques freely roamed but were tame to humans- they would brush past really close but if you stared at the big ones in the eyes they would hiss and charge at you- scary!! The young ones were SO CUTE though and there was a baby one that must have only been a week old- it looked so fragile and wouls cling to it's mummy's tummy to get carried around :D
We also went to this cultural theme park in the mountains where the cherry blossom was at full bloom, we saw a ninja show and geishas and stuff. Oh, and we has an epic day at Tokyo Disney and Disney Sea parks :D fantastic! 3rd continent I've been to a Disney on this past year and Tokyo's was the best ;) we'll be hitting up Osaka's Universal Studios in a few days too :D
We've seen loads of shrines and temples too but mainly during that rough week- they're not really for me to be honest; I love photographig people and find landscapes/architecture a little lack lustre really, but they often have cool cerenonial sort of stuff going on around them where visitors perform little rituals for luck, I find that more interesting than the buildings themselves.

Food wise I have been naughty as hell, I really need to find a good balance. I want to let myself try all this awesome new stuff but I have gone the other way and have started noshing loads on chocolate and stuff. I have noticed a cycle for munchies with this pill I just started- first couple of weeks are intense cravings/noshing then around period my apetite is much less (oddly!)
Anyway- nervous that I'll gain loads of weight so I'm going to hold back on the sweet western stuff and only allow new/odd Japanese treats :p
Today I had my favourite meal so far- it was a noodle, squid, pork and shrimp dish served on a hot plate that was built into the table. The seasoning was so nice! I never normally like squid but I loved it :O
I have tried all sorts of weird and wonderful things out here- like soy sauce flavoured popcorn in Disney ;) also they have these fab jelly pouches that you squeeze and drink out of a tube, they're really low calorie (there is a 0 cal brand even!) and loads of flavours- great for sweet cravings! Today I had a bite of G's store bought sandwich which was filled with halved strawberries and thick cream LOL!
I havent had enough sishi out here yet but have had lots of seaweed wrapped onigiri hand rolls which are sold everywhere for about 70p each and are pretty yum :D
Wont have time to keep up with your diaries (or properly with this one!) but hope you are all doing well! I'm hoping I dont put on a stone a month at this rate, eek!

Aww noo, I'm so sorry about Lil' Juan. Must have been absolutely awful for you both :( *big hugs*

Glad your tummy bugs are all gone now so you can properly enjoy yourself. Sounds like its been a rough first week, bet you were absolutely shattered with all that going on. Glad you had a great time at Disney, I didn't even know Tokyo even had a Disney, only thought they were in US and Paris, what a plonker!

Try not to stress too much about food, but I agree on saving the naughtiness for the yummy eastern food you wouldn't normally get time to sample. I'm sure you'll gain something while you're away (well unless you have any more tummy bugs!) but I know you'll lose it asap when you get back home. Just enjoy yourself, its a once in a lifetime trip so make sure you don't come home with any regrets.

I'm the same with the temples and stuff, I like to see them but they get a bit dull after a while unless you've got a guide to bring it all alive for you. The customs and rituals sound interesting though. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

No-one expects you to keep up with diaries, you're not missing anything with mine it's the same old. Should hopefully get to the 6st mark tomorrow though which will be awesome! :)

Enjoy yourself and looking forward to your updates! Still jealous as hell, but off to Tunisia soon so at least I'll get a much needed travel fix! xxx

Back