Sore Throat stuff

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by Bellybee, 9 August 2006 Social URL.

1. Bellybee

Bellybee Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(6.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi,

Is there any medicine or lozenges I can take on CD for a sore throat.
    It's really rough and working in a call centre makes it worse.
    Also its really hard to drink my water at the moment I thought it would be easier but the swallowing motion is not pleasent at the moment

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    You could have hot CD orange with paracetamol. That would be similar to a lemsip

4. Bellybee

Bellybee Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(6.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks hun good idea think i will try that now can you just dissolve normal paracetemol as havent got dissolvable ones

5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    I would just take them whole.

Not the same I know but it's safe. Hope you feel better soon.

6. Bellybee

Bellybee Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(6.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have mixed one in with hot orange to make a lemsipy thing. Are we allowed soluble pracetemol on CD normally as if so I will buy myself some to make it throughout the day

7. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Should be fine mate :)

8. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Yes as DQ said, soluble is fine. When I said it would be safer, I meant safer to have para and CD than take sweet medicines or lozenges.

9. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Karion is right - lozenges, etc are all gonna have sugar in, etc and could kick you out of the pink.

10. Bellybee

Bellybee Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(6.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yeah thats cool will try and get some soluble paracetemols tomorrow and then I can have it all day to make me feel better. Un soluble paracetemol are a B*~%ch to melt in

11. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

PMSL, remind me never to try!! :p

12. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Bellybee,

Sorry to hear you have a sore throat:(

In addition to what Karion Dieting said, you could also try to increase your water intake, that is only if you feel you might not be taking enough.

Leave the windown in your bedroom open a little at night to get fresh air into the bedroom. Gargle with warm salt water several times daily: ¼ tsp. salt to ½ cup water.

Early night in bed with a good book.

Love Mini xxx

13. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(9.13%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World

Don't take more than is recommended on the packet!

Love Mini xxx

14. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Good advice for all of us - a decent night's sleep can cure mainly ailments :)

15. Dom1979

Dom1979 Gold Member

My grandmother always used to make me gargle with a sage infusion. It does work, but tastes rank (don't swallow it!).

16. Brightness

Brightness Happily on CD

Soluble aspirin is the best thing for a sore throat - gargle with it before you swallow it.

Strepsils extra are sugar free and should be fine as they are safe for diabetics. they ahve a local anaesthetic in them and the carbs shouldn't affect you as you can't have amny a day anyway.

If your throat is really, really bad then go to the pharmacy and buy an Eludril spray (usually kept in the dispensary) it's wonderful and also anaesthetic :D Get better soon :D

17. Bellybee

Bellybee Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    18st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(6.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks am doing ok today.
    Finding it hard to get my water down as its the physical feeling of swalling that hurts the most.
    Have bought some soluble panadol and am just about to make them up with the flavouring into a lemsipy type thing.
    I just think its a pain with my job. I was gettin annoyed every time the phone rang today and considering it rang at least 100 times thats no good

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.