Sorry - embarrassing toilet question!

lucylastic

Silver Member
Right - I'm going to just cut to the chase - I haven't had a poo since last Monday! When I did go then it was awful - really really painful. I took 2 senakot tablets last night, but still nothing - should I be worried? I'm on week 5, up until this week I was going about every 3 - 4 days....
Apologies - but I didn't know where else to come for advise!:eek:

Sounds like you might be a bit bunged up hun, perhaps take a laxative to clear things out like Ducolax.

xxx

Do you feel constipated? As you're not eating food (well apart from porridge) there's a lot less in your system. I didn't go very reguarly even when I was 'regular'.
Thanks LS, at the moment I don't feel anything - don't feel I need to go at all, but as I had such a hideous time when I did go last Monday, I'm starting to panic it's all going to "back up" and be hard work again!!!!

I had lots of problems in this area.

SOmethings you can do to help....

Be SURE to drink plenty of water. A warm bath while massaging your abdomen oin downwards strokes can sometimes help move things along a bit...and walking helps too.

I took Fibresure, 3 a day for a long time after I had so much trouble and it helped a lot. More so the Psyllium or anything else.

I used Dulcolax, fairly regularly, but not until much further along in the diet.

Best get a handle on it as quickly as you can, as the longer it goes, the more painful it is when you finally do get relief,

Good luck. :)

Thanks hun! Perhaps try the senokot again this evening and if still nothing get something a little stronger tomorrow.

x

Thanks all - really appreciated it - I'll pick up some fibresure tomorrow. Been walking loads this weekend, so think I may have a bath in a minute as well, and hope the 2 combined helps things along a little!
Once again, thanks - it's so comforting to be able to ask anything, and get advice from people who may have experienced the same! :)

I had this problem too!! From about week 10 it was pretty bad, and I had to take Dulcolax once a week (Friday night so that I could stay in Saturday morning until it had taken effect!! LOL!)

Anyway, things suddenly got much better and I was every day, or every two days or so, and I realised it was when I started drinking water flavourings again, and I'd have about 2 teaspoons worth a day in sparkling mineral water. Apart from being gorgeous and just like Tango orange, it definitely, definitely helped me be regular! And I could give up the Duclolax, which although it worked was extremely painful at times with gripey stomach pains!

Try the water flavouring if you are not already and I really feel for you by the way!

I feel your pain here. It's a bloody hideous feeling when you know you're backed up isn't it. I took senakot also and to be honest it didn't do much difference, my LLC recommended lactulose to *ahem*soften things up and im pretty sure that's meant to aid constipation also (added benefit of tasting prettty sweet too). whatever you do though, don't strain yourself as this has painful consequences!! Poppysparkle already mentioned the water flavouring, they contain fibre or something I think and that definitely helped me when I started chugging it back and was well worth the extra cost of £9 every two weeks lol!
best of luck with it!
del x

I have the same problem but I use linseeds. I tried Senakot but they just gave me a stomach ache and not much else. I've started off taking the linseeds once a day but I think I may take them twice a day just to make sure they work properly. Spent ages on the loo this evening and I hope not to ever get quite so constipated again :eek: I was never very 'regular' in the first place and I just have to get used to the fact that I'm not going to be going as often (or even as little!) as I was before.

Hi lucy

I had a slight problem with constipation too, but I was lucky it wasn't as bad as some.
I found that the water flavourings worked a treat. I had a tub per week, but it was best in 2 batches. I had half of it in all my water on the day before weigh in and the other half in all my water on the middle day. Worked a treat, but only if I had at least 4 litres of water per day. I hope you find what works for you. Our LLC recommended psyllium, available from health food shops.

Thanks all - really appreciate all your advice and kind words, and I'm pleased to report - there has been movement :D
Not sure what to attribute it to, whether it was the water flavouring or the senakot from the night before - but it's happened, so all is well! Bought some fibresure today and am going to take that from now on to be on the safeside!
Thanks again xx

Hi Lucy,
I had the same problem too,I had some great advice from a friend who is a nurse & she sugested Glycerol suppositories (buy from any chemist).Lol I know the thought is actually worse, if you can get over this they work a treat just insert one as it were & go and lie down for 10/20 min on left side & voila, result !! its that quick & well worth it! hope this helps
:) x

Hi Lucy,
I had the same problem too,I had some great advice from a friend who is a nurse & she sugested Glycerol suppositories (buy from any chemist).Lol I know the thought is actually worse, if you can get over this they work a treat just insert one as it were & go and lie down for 10/20 min on left side & voila, result !! its that quick & well worth it! hope this helps
:) x
Thanks Orchid! If I have the same problem again, I'll definitely take that advice - I would have given anything for something to work that quickly on Sunday!! :) xx

Back