Sorry havent been around. (hes at peace now) :( :(

Cavycrazy

Silver Member
I have managed to pop on and just quickly browse but not able to post as its been a terrible 24 hours!
icon_cry.gif
icon_sad.gif

Yesterday morning at work, some fencing workmen who are currently working at my bosses phoned into work as they couldnt rouse my boss, so they could get into his garden to carry on working.

They were worried, we werent as hes apt to sleeping in abit these days! Tried calling him but no answer to his phone, his mobile was still here at work.

Decided to go down to his house, 1 mile away from work as have a key to get through the gate into the garden and see if anything was wrong! not really believing it would. By this time the workers had climbed over the wall and had been looking into his house and knocked the door but no response.

When I got there I too went round all the windows peering in (its a bungalow) could see his bed was unmade, but couldnt see him anywhere. Banged the door, went round again. NOTHING! Went back to the lads, told them, really puzzled and WORRIED but this time. Decided to go round once more, and this time when I looked to my HORROR I saw him lying on kitchen floor, half in/half out the next door. Ashen and not moving.

You can imagine how awful that was. (I think I am still in shock from it!)

I thank god the workmen were there, as I got them to break the glass on the front door so could get in. Call the ambulance and police etc. It was just dreadful.

The paramedics stablised him at scene and took him off to A&E. I had to then get my hubby to come down to the house, with a another workman (who fortunately was doing some work at the business) to come down so could secure the door.

I then shot off to the hospital, while they sorted that out, and then try to contact his family members.

Eventually we managed to get in touch with them and they came rushing up. His girls and I are like sisters as we are all about the same age so it was very emotional meeting under the worst of circumstances.

Prognosis at this moment in time in not good.
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
He has had some kind of bleed in his brain. Hes in ICU. On all kinds of equipment and we all have to wait and see now.

I have worked for my boss over 25 years so quite close to him, and its been an awful shock. I dont think you are ever prepared for this things like this when they happen, unless you are trained.

You cant help but things the worst when something like this happens, but am so wishing with all my heart he makes a recovery...to least to give me a scolding for having had his door bashed in at home.
icon_cry.gif

My heads all over the place right now. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Omg what an awful shock for you, its a good job you were and able to help.
Hope he`s ok and makes a swift recovery.
Make sure that you take it easy for a couple of days.
sending hugs your way.

I have managed to pop on and just quickly browse but not able to post as its been a terrible 24 hours!
icon_cry.gif
icon_sad.gif

Yesterday morning at work, some fencing workmen who are currently working at my bosses phoned into work as they couldnt rouse my boss, so they could get into his garden to carry on working.

They were worried, we werent as hes apt to sleeping in abit these days! Tried calling him but no answer to his phone, his mobile was still here at work.

Decided to go down to his house, 1 mile away from work as have a key to get through the gate into the garden and see if anything was wrong! not really believing it would. By this time the workers had climbed over the wall and had been looking into his house and knocked the door but no response.

When I got there I too went round all the windows peering in (its a bungalow) could see his bed was unmade, but couldnt see him anywhere. Banged the door, went round again. NOTHING! Went back to the lads, told them, really puzzled and WORRIED but this time. Decided to go round once more, and this time when I looked to my HORROR I saw him lying on kitchen floor, half in/half out the next door. Ashen and not moving.

You can imagine how awful that was. (I think I am still in shock from it!)

I thank god the workmen were there, as I got them to break the glass on the front door so could get in. Call the ambulance and police etc. It was just dreadful.

The paramedics stablised him at scene and took him off to A&E. I had to then get my hubby to come down to the house, with a another workman (who fortunately was doing some work at the business) to come down so could secure the door.

I then shot off to the hospital, while they sorted that out, and then try to contact his family members.

Eventually we managed to get in touch with them and they came rushing up. His girls and I are like sisters as we are all about the same age so it was very emotional meeting under the worst of circumstances.

Prognosis at this moment in time in not good.
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_cry.gif
He has had some kind of bleed in his brain. Hes in ICU. On all kinds of equipment and we all have to wait and see now.

I have worked for my boss over 25 years so quite close to him, and its been an awful shock. I dont think you are ever prepared for this things like this when they happen, unless you are trained.

You cant help but things the worst when something like this happens, but am so wishing with all my heart he makes a recovery...to least to give me a scolding for having had his door bashed in at home.
icon_cry.gif

My heads all over the place right now. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh darling, what a day for you and what a shock. You did everything you could for your boss and you found him otherwise he may have laid there a lot longer.

I hope you can manage to get some sleep tonight as I am sure you must be exhausted mentally and physically by now.

I hope you have some positive news tommorow about his condition.

Lacey...xxx :)

what an awful shock for you.
He's in the best place now & they'll be doing all they can to give him a fighting chance.
Even when you are trained, you don't automatically deal with these things better, we get used to dealing with them with all the appropriate gear to hand, but in the real world we are as powerless as anyone else.
sending some hugs to you & his girls
xx

Oh babes .... what a shock that must have been.

Please let us know how he goes on .. he is in the best place possible now.

xx

Well done for coping so brilliantly - it must have been so shocking and frightening but you did all the right things.

I hope the outcome is better than you fear.

Be nice to you - you've had a terrible shock and you don't get over something like that for some time.

love

Hi there - know exactly what you're going through - my husband had a brain haemorrhage last september and has pretty much made a full recovery.

Here's hoping your boss has the same luck x

Hes gone. Slipped away at 6.40pm last night. :break_diet:

Hubby and I were there with his family as they wanted us to be there, and I held his hand as he took his last final breaths. They are not images I want to remember of him but am glad was there, and am sure he would have wanted it.

Scans of the brain showed that the damage was too extensive, and there was no chance of any recovery, so decision was take to take him of life support and let him go.

Not an easy decision to make but the right one.

I just feel hes been robbed of many more years of life, he was a fit old un for his age, and should still be here. Only Monday he was checking on flights for a break.! he had so many plans and things he wanted to do. Its just not fair!

Pretty much in shock at moment, and feel everything is so unreal. !

Deb x

This was a terrible shock for you and has ended so sadly.

Try to put the final images from your head and remember all the good times and happy memories.

Thinking of you and your boss's family at this sad time.

Sorry to hear of your sad news. He is at peace now, and because you were there when you were it enabled his family to be with him at the end. It is an honour for you to have shared that with him and his family.

Back